• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Starting to get really fed up!

Lisa my GP's letter said very little (he gave me a copy), the PCT said he should of put more in it but hindsight is a wonderful thing. I also came across the site after I had spoke to my GP. Come Tuesday I could be back to square one if the surgeon does not recommend the surgery but I know Dr New the consultant will not abandon me he will help in other ways....Linda x

I hope so, I'm really routing for you, we're similar areas, similar BMI etc so I'm kind of following your progress as a way of preparing myself for what may happen.

Does age come into their decision at all? I'm 31

Lisa x x x

lol x x x

Hiya Charliegirl,
I am new so bare with me......
I was having to same problems as you - with the same dr's and there secterarys, i live in blackpool and was first referred to dr new at hope at the beginning of august, i saw them more or less straight away - they then referred to to dr Basil Ammorri at spire in manchester - i waited and waited for a letter that never came - i then found his secartary number and rang her and rang her and rang her ! ! When i finally got hold she said the system has changed and you have to see the nurse and dietian before the surgeon - So on Saturday just gone i drove to spire in manchester and had a group session about what happens etc and they book you in to see the surgeon while you are there... i have finally got my appointment to see dr ammorri on Wednesday 15th Oct - and that's when i will get my surgery date.....cant wait..... I know how you are feeling so chin up and keep ringing until you get answers....

Hiya Charliegirl,
I am new so bare with me......
I was having to same problems as you - with the same dr's and there secterarys, i live in blackpool and was first referred to dr new at hope at the beginning of august, i saw them more or less straight away - they then referred to to dr Basil Ammorri at spire in manchester - i waited and waited for a letter that never came - i then found his secartary number and rang her and rang her and rang her ! ! When i finally got hold she said the system has changed and you have to see the nurse and dietian before the surgeon - So on Saturday just gone i drove to spire in manchester and had a group session about what happens etc and they book you in to see the surgeon while you are there... i have finally got my appointment to see dr ammorri on Wednesday 15th Oct - and that's when i will get my surgery date.....cant wait..... I know how you are feeling so chin up and keep ringing until you get answers....

Hi and welcome to minis. I have jsut been speaking to the PCT who is telling me that they are not aware I have tried reductil three times and orlistat once, or that I am taking three lots of medication for high blood pressure. Yet I read my GP's original referral letter and its all in there!!!!!!!!! ARGH I am so frustrated, I now have to speak to the surgery and ask them to fax through my history why was this not done in the first place! She said all this information will help my referral. I feel so confused and cannot now see the wood for the trees....x

Keep going Linda, you're nearly there! Tell the GP's secretary exactly what you need and ask them to confirm with you once it's been done. That way you can go back to PCT jobsworth and check she has everything.

I keep trying shel but the GP's secretary did not come and speak to me it was done via the receptionist, she just said she would call if there were any problems and that she had to speak to one of the doctors first. I really really feel I cannot keep on fighting I want to dont get me wrong but I am so stressed today because one hand does not seem to know what the other is doing I cannot concentrate on anything else and I cant get hold of my friend to confirm he is still on to travel with me tomorrow so I have someone to navigate, I feel I am climbing a mountain and everyone I come up against apart from the surgeons secretary is going out of the way to be unhelpful. Everyone else on here seems to get someone somewhere that helps find out the answers I seem to be going in a spiral and ending up nowhere. The PCT were told I was on BP meds I have a copy of the letter in front of me, she was also told I had tried meds to lose weight and had been working with my GP since feb 2006 to achieve this why oh why does she not understand the information she has been given. Even the letter from the weight management clinic that she requested I got and then interfered and now we dont know where it is! I dont know what more I can do once again I am reduced to tears my blood pressure has gone up and I feel pants.....sorry to moan and be negative but there is only so much I can do and I have noone here to support me, if I could not get on line and on to this site I dont know what I would do. xx

Hold on in there Linda , you're getting there slowly. You would think with the amount of stress the system is to go through we would lose loads of weight lol

xx

Linda wait until tomorrow when you see Mr A. I got my funding after Dr new had written to my gp so hopefully once you see him tomorrow and he confirms that surgery is the right way forward im sure he will go all out to help. Im not trying to be funny or hurt your feelings but i can just imagine the woman at the PCT sitting there saying "tis that woman again lets see what i can do today to wind her up. Try to be patient and stop stressing. If you put yr blood pressure up much more it could put a stop to any possiable surgery.
If yr friend doesnt get back to you regarding tomorrow PM me i could probably meet up with you if you want.

HC I really dont for one minute think the PCT lady sits there thinking up ways to wind me up, she just does not appear to be very good at her job. I have to say you were one of the very lucky ones in that you did not have to go through the minefield of funding as yours was approved at the very start. For me and for a great deal of others on here its a really stressful time and there is no guarantee at the end of it. I know I am not alone in going through this there are more and more people joining the forum stating they worry about the PCT and getting funding. To me is more stressful than any operation because they do not communicate with each other, I use the boards as I have noone at home I can turn to to off load when I get stressed, I look for support and tell it how it is so other people can learn that this is not a walk in the park its really hard to get to where you want to be. I dont take offence at what you say but I do think you do not really have an idea what it is like to want this and have to jump through hoops to get it. Remember we have all been through so many hoops before we turn to surgery. I will be fine tomorrow thanks for your kind offer but I am going to do it like I do everything else alone......take care and I hope you get your appointment sorted soon...xx

good luck Linda, I'll be on here tomorrow to see how you got on

Lisa x x x

Linda, I've been there jumping through hoops, it took me over 18months to get funding, you know that.

I'm sure HC is just trying to be as supportive as she can be, we can support eachother without going through the same thing.

Linda, I've been there jumping through hoops, it took me over 18months to get funding, you know that.

I'm sure HC is just trying to be as supportive as she can be, we can support eachother without going through the same thing.

Shel we will need to agree to disagree on this one...xx

Hi Linda,

Just wanted to wish you good luck for tomorrow, and stay strong! It really will be worth it all in the end. I had no choice but to go private because of where I live within the HM Forces world, so at least feel blessed that you have a good chance of getting your op on the NHS. You are seeing the surgeon, so you are already a step further to having the operation, and I'm sure he will recommend surgery for you, which will make your case even stronger. Please dont take this wrong, I'm just trying to show you that you that we all have a battle to get what we want, just in different ways. My battle was finding the money, and knowing what my family have sacrificed for me to have my op. Dont let the stress get to you, it will happen for you. All the best for your appointment hun,

Best Wishes,

Kel xxx

Back