• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Study Support

Astraste

Heya, I am a university student studying BA educational studies and counselling degree. I thought I would start this thread for anyone that is in education whether its degree level or short courses, whatever. I am sure the added support will help.

Tonight I am up, trying to write a case study report, I have chosen bulimia to write a report about. If there is anyone who has experience of this floating about anywhere then any type of help with this would be greatly appreciated lol :D

Im currently studying towards my AAT level 3 in accounting and looking for an entry level accounting job / work experience . Im really enjoying the course and am aiming to become a chartered accountant, just wish I could put what ive learnt into practice :(

Hiya I am due to qualify as teacher in June of this year

I am a teacher so don't really count but wanted to wish tesmarelda good luck!

Hey :) this is a really good idea! Im doing a degree at westminster in joint history and sociology and will graduate next year. I then intend to do my PGCE at the institute of education! x

It is the hardest job in the world and the best job in the world all at the same time :) If I could do it at 30 stone though I am sure you'll be fine hon :) Feel free to pm me if you ever need advice :)

Hey everyone! Its great to meet others who are going through similar things I am. And also qualified persons who have been through this.

I am worried because Im going to have to take two weeks off in febuary to go and have my op and recover, im hoping a week after the op is enough recovery time. Luckily I don't have any assignments or anything at that time so it would just be sessions. And most of the lecturers publish their powerpoints online so I can view it on there.
I am due to graduate next year too so its my goal to lose weight so I look good in my cap and gown. How are you doing on your courses?

Also Tesmarelda, I'm not sure that there are 'grades' on a PGCE - for me, either I qualified or didn't - IE, I gained QTS. Then pass NQT year after that.

I have a pgce and qts. Wonder if I'll ever use it again? I was a year 6 teacher a million years ago. Seems such a waste of a qualification! Oh yea, I remember, I don't like other peoples kids. Don't like mine much sometimes! :p

I'm a serial student, much to my husband's dismay! My current project is an MSc in Midwifery leadership but I'm pondering if I should add teaching qualifications in there as I rather fancy uni lecturing at some point.

Sorry to crash you're thread last night, I was a tad drunk! I don't really hate kids!

Don't apologise, it was funny. Still giggling about it lol.

A serial student? That sounds amazing though. I love studying and cannot see myself working lol. I would have loved to have done midwifery, I am absolutely fascinated by it all but Im not clever enough unfortunately. I am trying to get the qualifications I need to be a social worker, but Im a long way off atm

Hi. I am just starting the 4th year of my English degree, which I'm doing through the Open University. This year just gone was a hard one studywise, what with the bypass and everything else, but feeling quite positive anout this year.. xx

Haha i remember my mother asking me if a person could go straight onto retirement pension out of uni.

Back