• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland - Mr Schroeder - Questions

Hi Kelly
ive not been on here for ages so its taken me a while to catch up on people's progress hehe
i will be keeping my fingers crossed i get a cancelation ;)
im back on the slimfast tomorrow...
will you be hearing about your op soon? xx

ooo i hope so lovely trying to hold off ringing in jan and ring in feb, when i first started my journey it was 16 weeks waiting list so that would take me to feb. its now 26, so thats april, eeek shouldnt wish time away but im excited xx

thanks chick and you to x

I can't believe it's been 1 year since me original gp referal!!! It's going by sooo fast!!! But also wish op was here!!!

Kelly I only had to wait 21 weeks in the end xx

Hi

I've just been added to the waiting list for a bypass today. I've been advised that it's a six month wait, and during the course of the discussion he mentioned I would need a gastroscopy. I happened to come across this on the forum earlier today. Until then I had no idea it was part of the pre-op process. It's also made me a bit worried that there is other information that doesn't get passed on ? Is it true that after this op you also need vitamin injections for the rest of your life ? If so where do you go to get them ?

My appointment was with Mr Schroeder (at least that's what the appointment letter said). Has anyone else had any appointments with him ? And is there anyone else just been added to the waiting list ? He seemed a bit fed up during the meeting and made me a feel a bit like other doctors have done. I could almost imagine him thinking "why don't you just lose the weight yourself!" I didnt feel at all at ease. If my first meeting was with him, will he be doing my surgery ? :-(

Hi there, i also am under Mr Schroeder and attended my first seminar back in June, i have received my 1st appointment letter this morning for the 25th August. I have to say i tend to agree with your comments about him not seeming interested but i put it down to him being very experienced with his work and knowledge of the surgery, i think on the day i went it was late evening and the room was very hot and stuffy. I am looking forward to the start of this journey but i,m very nervous too, the dietision said she hoped to see some weight loss from the seminar to the 1st appointment and to be hones ive went the opposite way, i think ive ate more!! Hope we can chat and help each other along...

Mr shroeder is doing my mini bypass i have a appointment with him on 20th sept he seems a nice guy ive waited 2 year and been seminar and had 3 psychiatrist appointments im hoping for my op after i see him on the 20th sept

Back