• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Take it back to the start

gweni

Wow I have done it I have hummed and hawed and finally sent that all important email to say "Yes take me on a path to a new me".

So who am I and where do I start?

Typical Canadian girl growing up - skinny girl... then I hit about 14 years old and got a tummy seriously I looked slightly pregnant in fact the kids at school nick named me pot belly pig. Roll on high school where I did every diet and kept gaining and gaining... No period Doctor never did any checks just called me a late bloomer yet i find out I have PCOS Charming.

So I tried every diet.. I tried every cure pill ebay order you could imagine. I tried slicing my belly off me. Everything you could think about I tried it. (So when they say at the docs office ...."Have you tried a diet" I cry.

I got teased and made fun of I got a complex and so when I was an adult I got married to the first guy who would have me... he treated me badly so I left Canada moved to the UK and met my current husband.

He himself isn't emotional but he supports me... He makes the stupidest comments in life and maybe I am a bit touchy but things like "Girls your size dont wear jeans like that" Said loudly in a department store... He doesn't mean it in a bad way just comes out wrong.

After a long battle with PCOS and trying to conceive and failing I got funding for IVF.. we were successful first time and my LO was born 5 years ago.. 11lb and 2ft long. So All that weight still stays with me. It makes me sad. I cant have any more kids and often tell people "I made perfection no need to keep going".

So since being in the UK and struggling I managed to loose some weight but then I ended up having a double mastectomy - hysterectomy. I was grieving for the loss of my breasts my womb my womanly hood . Now starts the fun HRT - Change of life- more weight and comfort eating.

I am not afraid to say I eat to make myself feel better. I am a chef by trade (go figure) and I don't eat un healthy I eat in the wrong way. I will wake up at 2am think I can't sleep .... so I make a sandwich then say "that didn't work I have room for more got to fill that hole" and go make a sandwich, a salad, and some cheese.

I am ashamed to say im 19st 2lb and I am tired of feeling bullied, I am tired of mourning my losses in life .... I am just tired.

So today I have sent the email off to reserve my spot for november end of or first week in December. I am having a band and I am very excited.

I am excited to become the woman I use to see in the mirror instead of the monster I let myself become. I am no longer wanting to use food as my coping mechanism I want to be able to use it for fuel.

Today marks the first day of finding myself again and to stop mourning what I dont have and be grateful for what I do.

Thank you for reading.

Hello abd welcome!
Enjoyed reading your entry
I wish you very good luck in all you wish for yourself and your family

Good morning,

What a story, very interesting I look forward to following your new path. And am excited for you.

X

Hey Gweni, welcome to the forum.

Loved reading your story too. There's loads of help on here and lots of successful banders. Good luck.

wow! your post has certainly got me hooked! will be watching yr posts with interest. well done for taking the first step to take back control of your life, and welcome to this great forum, it really is full of some great people offering warts and all advice. x

Welcome and best wishes for your journey!

Today I have set my goals and i feel like coming up to surgery I want to eat everything in site.. im mourning what I will not be able to have I need to get that in check.

Back