• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yve's Diary.

Yvessa

Hi everyone,

Having bored my partner to death about the ins and outs of the milk diet I have decided to start a diary and started with a hideously long post.

My weight has been an issue for as long as I remember; in high school I started to see dieticians and my doctor was worried about my weight. My confidence was really low at school, I was bullied and generally very unhappy.

I moved to a new school and for a while was happier and with going to the gym and eating one meal a day I did lose weight and got down to a size 16 at 18 years old!

Slowly, year by year the weight has piled on in fits and starts and despite always trying a new diet I became more and more immobile.

I had my daughter in 2002 at 21stone and over the last 9 years have put on another 9 stone, despite starting a new and fairly active career.

I finally decided after Christmas that I needed more help than any diet could give me and if I didn't do something drastic I would lose the ability to live the life that I had worked so hard to build. I wanted to be a more involved mum and a healthier person. But above all, I wanted people to see me, rather than a fat person. Even people who know me and like me still see the fat person first; I can't blame them. So do I!

I was quite lucky, my GP was very supportive and he pushed me through the funding process very quickly. He appealed and I got funding; he was so excited he even phoned me to tell me!

I was referred on the 25th of August, got my first appointment on the 9th of September and then the triple on the 26th.

After my first week of the milk diet, according to my scales I have lost 13lb! I can't quite believe it and am waiting for the other shoe to drop. But still, for the first time in a decade, I feel a trickle of hope.

Yve

thats a great start yve, well done and wishing you all the luck in the world :) xxx

Fabulous Yve ... the other shoe will not drop. You ARE on the road to being a slimmer you. Everyone goes through this period of thinking it will not work for me but just read the posts of hundreds of people on here who thought the same at the stage you are at. I only had surgery on Monday so am brand new, but I remember well the surreal feeling of 'how can this be happening, after all these years of being successful then failing at every diet known to man' I too lost 16lbs on the milk diet & then I thought, well if I can do this why not continue? but we all know it is not losing the weight ... it's keeping it off. I wish you all the success in the world for your new life, Yve xxx :):)

I just wanted to say thanks for all the encouragement!

Twinkletwinkle, your post really struck true and moved me. Thank you

Yve

I am sure that you are going to do really well. I will keep watching your thread. Good Luck !!

well done yve. i am also new on here and am awaiting a date for my surgery, i have battled for years with my weight, loosing it only to put it all, and more, back on. My gp was not supportive at first and told me to go on a strict diet and exercise more, all that coming from a size 8 woman, i left feeling that it was me that was weak, however if she had bothered to look at my medical history then she would have known about the conditions i have and make it hard to loose weight. I am not one to be fobbed off!!! so i went to a different gp, this time a nice young male one and poured m heart out to him, he immediatly agreed to refer me straight away and filled in all the forms there and then, this was in summer 2010 and i began my appointments in october 2010 with various consultants, last week i met my surgeon who said he is all set to go ahead with the op after the mdt meeting on thursday 13th oct, this is to see if all consultants agree to go ahead with the op, he said its looking good as i do not need any further tests and i will then be put on the waiting list, which is not very long, so i am hoping to be done before christmas this year but if not very soon in to the new year!!! good luck hun with your road to a new you

I would agree with your experience; a well informed and proactive GP makes all the difference. I think the world of mine, mostly because he keeps uptodate with the research etc.

Yve

Having now switched to lactose free milk on the advice of some of the members of this forum I am now feeling much better than I was before still not sure if I am ready to go back to work yet though.

Good luck with your journey. x

Feeling dead fed up today with the milk diet. Not hungry or craving food, but I am soo bored! I want things to taste different. Even the jelly is getting boring. Not tempted to cheat, just hating the sight of milk.

Bleh

Drink it thru a straw so it misses your Tongue!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Well done Yve :)

I could relate to a lot of this,especially the bullying part...only mine was by my Junior School TEACHER ( i kid you not) love to see him now the :censored:!!

I'm so glad that GP is a great help to you..It's so good to have his/her support.I know that my GP is fighting tooth and nail to secure my funding :)

Best wishes for the future weight loss hun

Take Care

Andy x

good luck for the future you have and will continue to loss your weight and this time next year you will wonder where that girl has gone and who is this slim gorgeous lady xxxxxxx

Have spent a lot of time thinking today and have realised that on the whole those of us in this boat are absolutely horrid to ourselves. I am pretty bolshy and I will stand up for others and I am pretty good at it. But the minute someone snickers at my weight I cave. So I asked myself why today. I believe them. I believe that I deserve it and I've said worse to myself in the mirror. I have thus made the decision that I need to start accepting myself even before the surgery because I don't think the surgery is going to change how I feel about myself.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back