• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Taming the inner pig - Mrs. Beavers Journey

Puree from today for you. Yay .. I'm Sunday. I've struggled with water too. I usually glug loads out of a bottle but I've not been doing...but I'm starting to try more again.

My mum made a big veg stew while I was in hospital so I froze it. Yesterday I whizzed some up with water ... Oh heaven .. Real food with real vegetables and no additives - bliss :)

After two weeks of slothing around, I'm just sitting at the hair dressers to get my hair in shape. And later out to see bond....exited much!!!

Well thats me back home after getting stuck in M8 traffic....pfffff. Anyway, the movie was good, but thought that Skyfall was much better.

Food....well we went to TGI´s for lunch....I had sesame chicken strips (the starter portion). Chewed it around 40 times and was able to swallow it fine. That was at 1pm, I am still feeling full. Also just checked the calories on MFP and nearly fainted. Oh well, at least my protein intake is up for today lol. But will stick with the purree stage for the next couple of weeks. Understand now that my stomach needs to get used to proper food again.

Good day today, nice long walk with the pooches in the rain, then went shopping. Was nice to do a fairly normal shop again. Got lots of mash, mince and other soft food. Got the kids portions from Asda....cottage pie and shepherds pie....they are nice small portion, just enough for me :). Just had mince and mash for dinner....yummmmm!

How you doing Mrs b?

It's strange getting used to less food don't you think... I love food but It's going to take a while to realise I don't need as much.

:) hope you had a good day

Ah sorry you I must've been writing while you were! Lol

Mash and mince oh I could've got some today... Sounds lovely :)

Yeh I agree...it is weird, but also amazing that we now can live on so little food. I have these really small soup bowls, a bit like a miso soup bowl, and usually whatever I put in there is my meal and I am full afterwards. It is great!!!!

I am also hoping that I can change my view on food this way. A little bit of what you fancy does you good. So I will still eat healthy, but will also enjoy eating again. I didn´t really enjoy eating, I was just eating to fill a void I suppose, not really sure.

Yeah me too Mrs b, I'd got to the stage where I hated food but kept shovelling if in cos it was a bad habit and trying to fill the void too.

What you doing to fill yours now? I've decided I need to get out more, build new good habits... And I'm quitting the yoghurt (too much sugar for me), setting off cravings!
I've joined national trust so want to get out more, and also maybe do all those jobs I've been meaning to do for ages... Gardening, decorating, sorting through boxes, setting my self employed business up and deep cleaning everything!!! lol

If I keep busy the cravings will go X

Oh puree today :) yay ... I'm going to have an exante shepherds pie - I love it it's gorgeous X

Hope you have a fab day :)

Just had 2 scrambled eggs with a bit of tomato sauce and curry powder on top....sooo good lol. Was frozen after walking the doggies, so wanted something warm for brekkie.

well the last couple of weeks I have been watching SoA and been knitting my scarf to fill the void and keep me busy. Once I am fully healed, I will go back to the gym and once I am a couple of stone down, I might go back to crossfit. Will also look into other activities, but one thing at a time. First of all, I want to heal, get my first fill (on the 20th) and get Xmas out of the way :) .

All sounds good :)

I'm finding this not drinking whilst eating strange ... Really is learning new habits! You don't realise how much you do automatically!

My first fill booked for 5th Dec ... We're on our way x

Well, survived first half day back at work. Felt really loved today, everyone happy to see me back. Food has been good today as well. yoghurt for brekkie, mince and tatties for lunch and shepherds pie (the kids portion from Asda) for dinner.

Well, survived first half day back at work. Felt really loved today, everyone happy to see me back. Food has been good today as well. yoghurt for brekkie, mince and tatties for lunch and shepherds pie (the kids portion from Asda) for dinner.

Well done on surviving work. You will be exhausted. Take care xxx

Back from work, just chilling out on the couch. Meeting some friends later on for dinner. Have not lost any weight since saturday, actually gained a pound. I put this down to switching to purreed food. Also I don´t really have regular BM yet, so thats probably part of it. A lot more hungry now, and defo need to eat every 2 hours or so.

Well done on back to work :) take it easy, and have a good night :)

It feels quite old is going back to work after a few weeks off doesn't it! Just don't overdo it. Going on to purée stage is also really weird.

One more half shift and I am off again for 10 days wooohoooo. I cant believe I am getting my first fill next week friday....feels so quick, but by then it has been 4 weeks, so I suppose it´s about right....

Hi Mrs beaver thg had originally booked my first fill for 4weeks post op and when I spoke to the dietitian she changed it as they wouldn't do a fill that close as I wouldn't of given hard food a chance by then, save you going and being disappointed I'd advise you to call them to check hun as I know I'd of been so disappointed going and they not doing the fill that day xx

Back