• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Taming the inner pig - Mrs. Beavers Journey

I was wondering the same thing? Tea is pretty much the only thing keeping me sane at the moment lol

Another pound down this morning....wooohoooo...Lets see how I will feel today. Didnt wake up starving like the last few days, so thats a plus lol

Why can't you guys have tea?

I could have black tea if I wanted - but I hate black tea. No dairy at all allowed on my pre-op. It's simply chicken, eggs, spinach/broccoli/cabbage, clear soup, sugar-free squash, 3 small pieces of fruit

Oh dear, that sucks! I am so glad that I can have dairy on my pre op. Have you tried fruit or herbal teas?

Anyway, how is everyone feeling today? I am just pottering around the house, cleaning out my fridge (since I won´t be eating most of the stuff in there anymore lol), doing laundry and just trying to keep myself busy. So far I had my porridge with apple, a huge cup of tea and currently working on my first pint of water. TOTM started yesterday, but besides cramps I am actually feeling quite good.

Not allowed that either unfortunately ?. It's literally just chicken, eggs, spinach or broccoli, clear soup, 3 small pieces of fruit and sugarfree squash.

Seems to be a very low carb pre-op diet

Pre op day has arrived! Wow, it is all happening.....Yesterday has been a lot easier foodwise. The proof will be in the pudding today tho when I am back at work.

Called my mum yesterday and told her about the surgery. She was surprisingly positive about it. At least now I dont have to worry when I go home for Christmas and eat a lot less lol.

Urgh, my butterflies are back. I hoe they go away again, at least until Friday haahha.

Pre op day has arrived! Wow, it is all happening.....Yesterday has been a lot easier foodwise. The proof will be in the pudding today tho when I am back at work.

Called my mum yesterday and told her about the surgery. She was surprisingly positive about it. At least now I dont have to worry when I go home for Christmas and eat a lot less lol.

Urgh, my butterflies are back. I hoe they go away again, at least until Friday haahha.

I got all worked up for my pre-op day and it turned out to be a simple blood test and a wee sample. You'll be fine :)

Thanks Sophina! All went well....of course they couldn't find a vein, so took blood from my hands...yikes. The nurse was really lovely tho. Even got measured for my socks hahaha. That's a first!

Came back to work and had my porridge. Not really hungry yet, so will skip lunch for now and see how hungry I am and then have a shake. That way I can have chicken for dinner again! I am still amazed how quickly the body adjusts to this low intake of calories. It really is all in your head.

Today is the 20th.....op is on the 23rd....eeeek, another mini milestone! Lost another pound. I know I won´t keep this loss up, but I´ll take it while it lasts haha.

Cleared out my fridge and part of my pantry yesterday. All the naughty stuff is gone for now, my hubby nearly cried ;) . He will just have to eat naughties when I´m at work or when he´s at work.

Got a slight headache this morning. No crazy pangs of hunger tho, just a little underlying hunger feeling which I am ignoring for now :)

I sure hope so! Couldnt face having another soup for dinner, so had porridge instead. 2 more days at work, 3 more nights sleeping on my stomach lol. I am dreading sleeping on my back, did you all find it easy to get used to?

Only two more sleeps ;-)

Thinking back, I don't remember getting much sleep myself in the days before the operation. It was more like 2 more lying in bed's wondering am I crazy ?

Surprisingly I am sleeping quite good at the moment. I think it is because I am cutting out all the crappy good and drink. Night be a completely different story tomorrow night right enough haha.

Back