• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Taming the inner pig - Mrs. Beavers Journey

Morning all, just woke up. Did not sleep a lot but not too bad. Don't really have any pain yet, had a paracetamol during the night. 3 pees since op, nurses delighted lol. Still not gotten up.

See it was nothing to worry about :). Glad your not feeling to bad. As Nicci says get walking it helps with the trapped wind

A yoghurt????

I was on clear liquids in hospital

Yip up and walking to help with wind and prevent blood clots girl

I wanted my stockings off also so three days after my op was walking for an hour a day and dispensed with the stockings within a week lol

Yeh I'm planning on walking soon as well. The socks are just soooo warm. Just had a shower and my dressings changed for waterproof ones. Now waiting for hubby. Nurse said I'll probably get out between 11 and 12

Well, thats me back home.....gosh the drive home was not much fun....frigging potholes!!!!

Feeling ok so far, just had half a shake. Got all my meds and my sickline, so all sorted. Gotta go for a wound check at the end of the week with my gp and on the 2nd im getting my staples out.

Glad your home safe and sound!

Half a shake is good, well done!!

Keep mobile as much as you can and sip sip sip!! Xxxx

Well done on the shake! Potholes are a nightmare aren't they

Yeh sipping on my squash. Just had liquid paracetamol...horrendous!!! Had it while walking around the living room. Think I'll have the other half of my shake soon.

Hubby just said I look slimmer lol

Oh god the liquid paracetamol is vile. In the end the hospital put me on Calpol fast melts. Small tablets that disintegrate on the tongue. Bit chalky but miles better than the liquid. See if your hubby can find you some of those.

Good tip sundown, thanks! I am hoping I won´t need them much longer. Dont really have any pain, its more uncomfortable. Took some codein when I went to bed last night. Actually slept quite well, just had to get up for a pee a couple of times, which was a pain....literally. Need to figure out a way to make it easier....got a tempur matress, so i stick to it like glue lol

Didnt have any BM yet, any idea how long before this happens?

Its sooo weird, my right side feels absolutely fine, my left feels like I got hit by a bus lol

Ahh the old BM. My release documentation said to take a laxative if nothing had happened 3 days after surgery. Nothing happened for me so I got a gentle laxative and that got things moving yesterday. Nothing today mind you, but I can't imagine that on a liquid diet there's too much to shift!

Have the windies hit yet? I found they hit big time on day 3!

Not too much wind. Every time I start feeling uncomfortable I start walking around the house or make a cup of peppermint tea. I'm hoping for some bm tomorrow, cause I am dreading laxatives lol. How are u feeling otherwise Hun?

Just had soup. Managed about half. Hubby eating a curry. Enjoying the smell lol. Don't have food jealousy at the moment which is good. Even though I could swear that one of his chips winked at me lol

Back