• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Taming the inner pig - Mrs. Beavers Journey

Well, hubby just txt me that my pre and post op food has arrived.....so tomorrow my pre op diet begins! Scary stuff, will be one grumpy mare the next few days ha!

Also just had a call from the hospital. Have to go in on Monday for my pre-op.....darn, 9am....and whoever has driven into Glasgow at that time of day before knows it is a little bit of a nightmare. But hey ho.

Looking forward to organising everything, I am a bit weird like that ;p

Just had my final part of my food funeral. Actually had something in the slowcooker, but when I came home it just didnt appeal to me. And since this is the last day of my old life, I wanted to go with my favourite food: Pizza! Oh it was yummy, savoured every single bite.

Afterwards I sorted out my food delivery and got my shakes and soups sorted for tomorrow. All systems go!!!!

Well, hubby just txt me that my pre and post op food has arrived.....so tomorrow my pre op diet begins! Scary stuff, will be one grumpy mare the next few days ha!

Also just had a call from the hospital. Have to go in on Monday for my pre-op.....darn, 9am....and whoever has driven into Glasgow at that time of day before knows it is a little bit of a nightmare. But hey ho.

Looking forward to organising everything, I am a bit weird like that ;p

I was lucky and had my pre-op on a Saturday. Mind you, it was a 1.5hr drive just for a blood test and to pee in a tube. Trouble was, after the 1.5hr drive I was busting for a pee so went as soon as I got in the front doors....sod's law, 20 minutes later they're asking me to pee! :D

Pre-op diet day 1...just had my porridge with an apple and some cinnamon. Actually tasted really nice. Still feeling a bit hungry. Glas of water and a cups before breakfast. Now in my second Glas of water. Only one more shake and a soup while I'm at work. Scary!

Hi All,

I'm booked for surgery on 25th October! Same here sooo nervous, and I'm driving 2 hrs for bood tests etc on sunday... at least its not rush hour though! Good luck.

I'm waiting for my pre op diet to arrive too from HW. I actually tried some of their products last year and the soups was very nice :)

I'm being banded. Good luck to you both.

:)

Hi All, I'm booked for surgery on 25th October! Same here sooo nervous, and I'm driving 2 hrs for bood tests etc on sunday... at least its not rush hour though! Good luck. I'm waiting for my pre op diet to arrive too from HW. I actually tried some of their products last year and the soups was very nice :) I'm being banded. Good luck to you both. :)

Congrats Sunny!!!

I've just been banded and have no regrets.

Wishing you all the best for the pre-op x

Thanks Sophina :) Just been having a read of your diary too! I might start my own now I think...youve all inspired me! :)

Hi Sunny, oh another near surgery twin and HW sister :D

Well, day 1 has now nearly gone, so far I had porridge, 2 soups and 1 shake. Have one shake left. I just finished my soup and am still ravenous!!!! So I will have an apple, then go for a shower and if I am still hungry then, I shall have my last shake. This will be a tough week!

On the upside, the HW stuff is actually quite tasty. So well worth it.

Also had my paperwork through from HW and from the hospital. My admittance time is 11am, so defo not the first one on the list lol

I am sooooo hungry! This pre-op diet will be the end of me!!!! 1 porride, 1 soup and 1 shake so far. I think I will not have the other shake and soup and rather have some chicken with some veg. I need to chew on something lol.

Hows everyone doing?

Just had my chicken....still a bit hungry, but I am feeling a lot better....a bit more satisfied if that makes sense?

Can´t believe that next week at this time it is all over. Strange to think about that. Ordered myself some new fancy slippers, hopefully they arrive so I can wear them lol. Also received my new scales, my windeze, biooil and tape measure.....

Urgh, I am not looking forward to the weekend. My weekends usually consist of eating, watching TV and eating some more. I cant even go work out cause it will make me more hungry lol.....hmmmmm, should be an interesting experience.

I was too scared to go off my pre op diet. Incase my liver got in the way during the op. Lol. It really is a breeze. I had no pain issues. I had morphine and co codamol the first day. One dose of co codamol day two and that was me. It was much easier than I expected. And I a right woose lol xx

LOL Kirsty, I am a bit of a woos as well, so that is comforting :D .

Woke up this morning feeling a lot better. Happier? Better mood? Not sure what it is lol. Had a cuppa when I woke up then took out the pooches for a walk. Felt a bit light headed in between, probably the lack of fuel.

Just had my porridge and apple. Now going to the shops. Anything to keep my mind off food lol

Well, survived another day on this diet. Was a lot easier than yesterday I have to say. Lost 3lb since yesterday. Shopping was a bit weird today. Everything in the trolley was for my hubby, only the water and the apples for me. Everytime I put something nice for him in the trolley he said, oh I dont want that, shouldnt really eat that in front of you....bless him. Told him he needs to get used to eating stuff that I can´t or won´t eat lol....

Been trying to doze on the couch this afternoon to pass the time, also did some colouring in my book. Was nice to have an afternoon not really thinking too much about the band, since it has been on my mind all day everyday for the last couple of weeks.

Oh I eat when I get nervous....well I eat for any occasion really pmsl....

just had my last cup of tea for today.....going to wait till the dryer is finished and go to bed before I get hungry again lol. But in the meantime I will watch the all blacks a bit longer ;)

Had a thought today....once I lose a bulk of my weight, I will be able to go horseriding again! Just need to make sure the op is paid off before I start that hehe.

I just started back riding, was at 18st 5lb and now 14.10 lovely to see the stables weight limit at 15stone and safely ring them to book, lovely 15.2 cob wonderful hack in the woods, worth every hunger pang :)

I find that lack of tea is the killer. After 12 days of chicken, eggs and green stuff but no tea I'm about busting for a cup!

Back