• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Teresa's weekly thursday WI

Really happy , 4lb loss this week now weighing 250lb yay 76.8lb/5st 6.5/34.7kg all GONE

My mini goal is 6st loss by 7th feb when I go on a mini break.

Desperate to do some exercise but don't know what :( and gyms are to expensive.

Sent from my iPhone

Wooohooo! Another great loss - sometimes our eating a little more can sometimes kickstart it . . .

Exercise . . .walking :) is great, not heavy impact on joints, but burns a considerable amount of calories especially if you're walking at some pace and it tones leg muscles too.

My provider advises exercise of working up to 10,000 steps a day (about 5 miles in total) which Im working towards, and I've just bought myself a bargain wowcher treadmill which should be here . . .but grab yourself a cheap pedometer and walk, someone I know with a band has been doing that 5 miles a day for several months now and she says its helped her weightloss no end, but she also notices the toned muscles in her legs because of it.

Or buy a workout dvd - I got the set of slim in 6 and I've started on the first one but due to my knee injury its had to stop for a while. There's also a set that someone spoke about on the fitness board here (walking in the bedroom or something in the title) and that is also a workout dvd type thing for walking I think they are about 10-£20 or something.

Also, there's hand weights (on offer in argos at the mo) which you could use to do some toning in the arms etc - they had a fairly good set for less than £20 :)

or swimming . . .another good one . . .

Thanks hun and thanks for the tips , I belong to wowcher which one did you get it from your area ?

I'm thinking about some hand weighs it's just having the motivation to do it aswell I do walk quite a bit but not enough as I should I guess

Sent from my iPhone

It was on a general wowcher rather than a regional one :) its twice they have done it since Xmas, so maybe they will do it again. Ive just come home to find that TNT have tried to deliver it . . .now thats speedy service . . .but I can't get my hands on it now until at least tomorrow :(

Oh no how very annoying , please me me know if you see anyone , I've been offered an exercise bike for £70 but I could buy a new one for that if you kwim.

Sent from my iPhone

2lb off this week I actually think it works out a few oz under but I have no idea how to work it out with the .2 or whatever it is so 2lb is nearest rounded up

now 17 10 :) 248.7lb :) 112.8kg

Sent from my iPhone

Well done :) mine was just under a 2lb loss but I only log the full pounds as you know and round down (maybe I should round to the nearest ;) lol)

But you're doing great still . . .I just find these "slower" weeks quite frustrating, but I have one at this week each month . . .

Yeah I know what you mean I am pretty sure it was only an oz or so off 2lb but the .whatever confused me today normally my fitness pal tells me how much it is exactly but it's not working today properly.

I think mines proberly gonna slow down a lot now but were see I have 5lb more to lose for 6st which is my goal for benidorm on 7th feb :D

Sent from my iPhone

I've still a long way to go . . .and Im hoping that its not going to slow down dramatically. I know I cannot expect 4lb losses ongoing weekly LOL but I am not wanting it to be a 1lb loss each week.

I am however setting myself some realistic targets - like you have with your Benidorm trip . . .but it can be frustrating when we do things to the button and it doesn't quite pay off. And MFP is temperamental. I've logged every day since August, but it tells me I've done it for like 10 days . . . lol

I'm glad I'm not only one having issues with MFP , I think that we have to be realistic but you still wanna see those big numbers over small ones if you kwim x

Sent from my iPhone

I'm glad I'm not only one having issues with MFP , I think that we have to be realistic but you still wanna see those big numbers over small ones if you kwim x

Sent from my iPhone

Your pic is great you look lovely xx well done on your loss xxx

Thank you carre xxx

Sent from my iPhone

Just thought I'd see how you've got on, my fellow thursday weigher in you :D

Hey hun thanks for thinking of me I've lost 1.5lb this week (was 1.8 but what's that lol) so yeah 1.5lb I'm now 112.0 exactly and 17 8.9lbs yay , but dissapointed more isn't coming off but If I can lose 3lb in two weeks ill be more than happy how did you go xxx

Sent from my iPhone

Well done, I had a small loss last week and it can be hard if we are doing things as we should . . .I know that I am trying to start looking longer term, and although doing a weekly weigh in, going to start trying to look at it month on month rather than week on week.

But you've done great, you are doing great :)

Thank you hun I think it's to be expected to be honest for the first few months I was lost 3/4lb a week regularly and losing like a stone a month and I was warned it would slow down or stop so obviously this is my slow period now , however I weighted pre poop hahaha and weighted post poop and I'd lost another lb but I'm just gonna leave it as it is for time being :) will be a better loss next week then hehe

Sent from my iPhone

oh never weigh pre poop LOL unless you don't need to poop of course LOL

I didn't then I did typical lol

Sent from my iPhone

it is typical . . its happened to me too LOL still - an advantage already ahead of next thursday :D

Yeah very true xxx

Sent from my iPhone

Back