• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Banders Saturday Weigh In

Gemby28 said:
5 & 3/4 lbs off this week :O Big relief after sts last week and 1lb the week before. In the 18s so very happy!!!

Good work everybody :D x

Well done Gemby!!! Amazing loss :) xxx

Thanks everyone :D It was easy to get a bit disheartened when it slowed right down then seemed to stop, but I kept the faith and stuck to the rules and it paid off! I keep telling myself I'm playing the long game and it's not a sprint. Having a loss this week has perked me right up and will make it much easier next time I stay the same! Our bodies work in funny ways and I guess mine needed to catch up :)

1.5lb off this week x

Hmmm :) according to my scales, I lost 2 lb...

But this brings me down to what I was weighed at my provider when I went for my fill last week. There was 2-3 lb difference between theirs and mine on the same day, theirs lower and hopefully more accurate!

I think I'll stick to my scales, amend last week's loss back to what my own scales showed and carry on like this as this is what I have at hand and can't go to the clinic every week :)

Yes it is, but then a loss is better than staying the same. Just be careful not to get complacent or make excuses and try to deal with what then causes you not to stay on plan. i used to eat when happy, eat when sad etc but had to learn that food never fixed the problem....and actually a loss on the scales at the end of each week elated me more than any naughty food I would shovel in! :)

good luck for the new week all....get some losses in now ready for Xmas week and the sins it may bring!! :)

I really dont know why I bother weighing in now... Yup you guessed it stayed the same for another week! Wow what is this band for? Emptying bank accounts and giving scars it seems to me...

That is 9 weeks now not a 1/2 pound lost. I feel like a big old whinger but call me nieve I expected to loose at least 1~1 1/2~2lbs a week, was I expecting too much? Evidently. I have 9.7mls in a 14ml band and have some restriciton so what gives? Advice anyone? And please do not ask me to ask dieticians they are useless, give out the same old generic twaddle that anyone with an ounce of common sense knows already.

I'd want to see your diet and exercise sheet because it has to be down to what you are consuming?! Band alone won't work x

Bella if you seriously want help I'm happy you inboxing me x

Bella, I believe you when you say you are complying with the dietary rules given you. You are not alone in experiencing this problem. Many patients do fabulously well after gastric banding; others struggle a bit, but succeed in the end; a considerable number report what they regard as abject band failure. They tend to be disbelieved or, at least, thought to be disregarding dietary advice. In my experience those who complain do so after a long period spent struggling alone. They also tend to be those who have been the most rigorous in their adherence to dietary advice.

I dearly wish I could give you practical, immediate help, but I can't. Your pain and disillusionment must be nightmarish to live with, and you seem, like others experiencing problems, to have been left to get on with it. All I can do is sympathise, and remind you that you are by no means alone. I know this does not ease your unhappiness, but if nothing else it helps to confirm that you are NOT an habitual whinger, nor are you neglectful of band dietary limitations, or whatever.

I'm sure you have tried every option available. I do truly feel for you x

Well not been on for a long time, after a stall of what seemed forever I seem to be losing again! Infuriatingly slow but still a loss!

I started this journey at 16.10 or 11 can't remember now :0/ and I'm now 13.4, happy with it, so to bella my advice is to hang on in there, it does start again! And if I'm really truthful I have put none or very little effort into it, some because of personal reasons and others because I don't have enough hours to even think about it!!

I can now get into my 12 jeans be it at a squeeze!! ;0))

I should've had a fill back in October but decided to wait till November, then decided that I had enough restriction as was struggling with a couple of things so left it that month also! Now decided I'm happy with where the restriction is till after Xmas as I would like to enjoy Xmas dinner with the family!! So after Xmas it is!!

I went to a masked ball this weekend and wore a skirt and heels! Something I've not done since I was a teen! I may even post a pic although I can't seem to not pull a face!! Lol

Hubby has been away now since August in china and due back 22nd and I am gonna try to get into the 12 stone mark before he gets back!

So to anyone struggling, slow or staying the same is better than putting it on!! XxX

I really dont know why I bother weighing in now... Yup you guessed it stayed the same for another week! Wow what is this band for? Emptying bank accounts and giving scars it seems to me...

That is 9 weeks now not a 1/2 pound lost. I feel like a big old whinger but call me nieve I expected to loose at least 1~1 1/2~2lbs a week, was I expecting too much? Evidently. I have 9.7mls in a 14ml band and have some restriciton so what gives? Advice anyone? And please do not ask me to ask dieticians they are useless, give out the same old generic twaddle that anyone with an ounce of common sense knows already.

Bella I understand how frustrating this may be for you...what I don't think any of us can say however is that you are doing the right or wrong things, without having more information on what you are actually doing. Share your frustrations on what's not happening, but if you want to share information on what you are doing/eating/exercising maybe we could be more supportive, based on our own experiences. That's obviously not professional advice, and what we don't know is if there may be any other underlying medical reasons for you not losing ... But at least it's a start...share your food/exercise diary and I am sure you will receive guidance. i for one, would love to be able to help you xxx

Another 1lb off this week, slow but consistent -so happy enough x good luck everyone x

Meggie moo, slow and consistent is good. Just think what may have been happening a year ago during the festive build up. Carry on losing ... you are doing just great xxx

Well done Sharon

Good luck tomorrow gemby

I've been the exact same weight for 5 weeks now but in the last 4 days I've gone from 15.13.5 to 15.9 very happy I've started moving again! I had a fill yesterday and I've now got 4mls in a 10 cc band :) can't wait for the next fill in a months time!

Back