• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Banders Saturday Weigh In

Well done to all who lost this week.
(Tam- I think you were glad to actually get something down this week!!)

I had a 0.5ml fill on Monday and I lost 2lbs. I can really feel the restriction a lot and I've PB'd a couple of times when I've eaten too fast! I've got another appt for the 31st Oct for another 0.5ml fill & I think I'll just have to wait and see how the eating goes. Might cancel it. Not sure yet. But I feel heaps better having lost this week after sts for quite a few weeks. :)

Thats harsh MissH. Why are you struggling? Is it food choices? Is your band quite loose? Is it that emotional eating thing? Are you eating naughty stuff just because you can? Or is because you've been doing this for quite a while now and its got a bit boring?
Dieting for fatties is a really long haul and I can empathise. I don't want to sound too much like your mother (!) but get your head right now and shift those pounds now when you're young because I'm 53 now and I wish I'd been able to do this years ago instead of wasting 40 years being uncomfortable in my own skin!{{{{{Karen}}}}} xxxx
Most of the above! When I have more time later I will vent!! Watch this space. :copon:

aww karen u are doing fine....look at ur overall results and ur siggy pic!! WOW!! :D

jo that onion rings and carte dor sounds lush!! oops!!

tam...wowzers girl u ever gonna slow down..hope not! haha..

well done all..... still not getting my head around the weight loss thing...STS though...which would be depressing but hey ho.... i know where im going wrong...i just need to get on top of it....

fingers crossed i do....but got disney on ice today, and then chessington with the kids on tues....which is exciting, as i dont jave to think twice about getting on the rides....my tummy isnt a separate individual...well not as much...!! haha

Hi guys weighing in today as i am out to halloween disco and hypnotist tonight its a fundraiser for bowel cancer organised by one of my friends from my old ward left over a year ago so many of them wont have seen me post weight loss lol:)

Well after i fell off the wagon and sts last week this week i have lost 4lb :D really pleased its hard work staying on track sometimes but so worth it!! good luck to everyone weighing in xx

Wow Joanne- you are soooo close to target. Well done!

I've been really strict this week with my food as I know tonights party is going to be difficult! My best friend is 50 and its being held in one of my favourite restaurants with my favourite cocktails....anyhoo I lost 2.5lbs this week making it 46.5lbs since mid-july. Very pleased :) I haven't been able to sustain a diet in over 10 years and this is turning into a real pleasure!
Good luck to everyone this week xxx

Any loss is positive ... well done both of you! Will do my update tomorrow

4 pounds lost this week. Very happy with that. Brings me under 16 stones to 15st12lb; cannot even remember when I was last at that weight. Whoop Whoop. :bliss:

Morning fellow banders! :) I'm pleased to be able to finally post a decent loss this week! I managed to lose 4.5 pounds which is my 2 pound regain from last week plus 2.5 more. I've stuck to my Rosemary Conley plan this week and have actually quite enjoyed it. My weight today is exactly 14 stone and I'm v excited to think that I might see the 13s next week, something I've not seen for around 14 years!
Anyway, good luck all x

Well following last weeks insignificant 0.5lb im pleased to report a 2.5lb loss...pretty amazed too as worked away all week and meals were at the Beefeater restaurant nearby...just goes to show choosing wisely and small portions together does work!! Happy today! :)

@ Mel and Jo - that is great.

Just goes to show that we need to work with the band by making wise food choices (the band isn't a way to cheat our way to weight loss success and doesn't do it all for us contrary to the doubters common mis-conception).

Here is hoping we all do great next week too

Would have preferred yours and mels loss saying that...that's good going by you two! But yes it's all about choosing wisely! I had a 25 page nutritional printout for everything on the beefeater menu and have to say there were some shocking stats on there! x

@ Jo - I know its shocking isnt it. I tend to stick to the chicken and bacon salad from there or the chilli now. When I first went and was on the soft food stage, I had the battered fish until I found out the nutritional value and reckoned I would prefer to eat a chocolate bar or two rather than that fish if I was going to consume so many calories.

I eat out a lot when my husband is at home from the states. Maybe 4 or 5 times a week. Argghhhh. He says its my treat because I dont see him much. But I think its so he can have a pint or four and have me to drive him home. Or maybe I am just too cynical?!? Anyway, even though I will miss him loads, he goes back there next weekend for five weeks so it will hopefully make things a little easier for me to cope with weigh-loss wise.

On a realistic note, probably my weight loss in the next couple of weeks will slow down again due to water retention. But as long as its heading in the right direction generally I am going to stay motivated.

Keep up your great progress

Don't ever knock eating out, we do too as I'm no chef!! Lol :D anything I make seems do dull at the side of it! My favourite was their paprika chicken salad that had BBQ sauce over it. Only managed half so wasn't that bad but I'm with you on the fish...give me chocolate instead...!!! I've not had even a chocolate button since starting this..best I steer clear as 1 leads to 1 packet!! xx

1.54 loss for me this week. Does seems much but its TOTM so VERY please with that... plus started on mushy good so had potato

@ Mis - its in the right direction and if you can loose that at TOTM - just think what you can do when its not TOTM. Really well done :)

Absolutely very very pleased. Lost 25 pounds in 2.5 months :)

Friday weigh in this week as off for hotel stay n shopping in Leeds today/tomorrow. 2lb off for me this week...nice n steady it seems. :)

Four days into the 5 day pouch test I have lost 7lbs! I know the point of it is not to lose weight - the fact that I have is a bonus but it has definitely brought home how little of good protein rich food will keep you full for a long time!

Back