• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Lovebugs Lap Band Diary - I GOT THE JOB !!! YIPEEEEE!!

sounds lovely Liv, enjoy it, cos it's only going to get better!

wow Livvy, that's great!! Enjoy that feeling, cos you will get it many times as you shrink yourself into those 14,s we are shopping for next year!!! Enjoy the show, can't wait to hear about it x

Where are you Livvy - us girls need to know how Mr Buble was????

Hello everyone been so manic with jobs!! was talking to mandy this morning and forgot i was meant to be somewhere and they called to ask if i was lost !!!!!!!!!!!! completely slipped my mind ha ha !! Yeah Mr buble was fabuloussssssssss!! Oh such a charmer too....was such a good night . Sorry haven't been on for a while had a busy weekend too just catching up with people i haven't seen for a while.....mmm no one has noticed i've lost weight ha ha but i suppose once i get a few more stone off it will notice more. Weight still the same 18st11lb and hasn't budged !! But feel well and full of energy . Been able to eat ok too. had half a cottage pie and mushy peas the other day and every morning been having Oatibix which is yum !! today for lunch i had 2 large prawns, a couple of cherry tomatoes and an inch thick of Brie and some Strawberrys from the buffet table on the job....went down fine !! Was quite satisfied with it and don't feel that hungry yet...mind u the weather makes me feel like i only wanna eat lightly too so thats a bonus !! Looking forward to having my fill done tho....want those scales to start moving again. Was meant to start my exercise today but that went down the pan !! Just got home and i'm wacked !!!! Hope everyone else is ok and doing well!! gonna check all the posts and reply if i can stay awake ha ha . Love to all !! xxxxxxxx

Ditto!!!! Listen to Mandy!!! The scales will start moving again when they are ready hun, just keep doing more of the same and you will see the results soon enough x

Now theres a thought - I wonder how grass and hay go down on a gastric band diet - lol!!

Hang in there livvy - you are doing sooo well. Keep reminding yourself that the first 6 weeks are not about weightloss but about recovering from the op and getting back to being able to eat. You've lost sooo much weight already and the scales will move again. (I need to listen to my own advice lol - my weight also stayed the same last week and I was gutted!)

Alice xx

I'm the same....lost so well first few weeks then nothing!!

Mainly due to the wine lol

But hunger too....fingers crossed my second fill on august 16th will do the trick and bumpstart my losses again

Amanda :D

I'm the same....lost so well first few weeks then nothing!!

Mainly due to the wine lol

But hunger too....fingers crossed my second fill on august 16th will do the trick and bumpstart my losses again

Amanda :D

Oh i'm sure it will mate !! Fingers crossed. i just been chatting to a woman tonight who has had her band for 2 years now and lost 8 stone !! she said 2 fills a year are about right to get that restriction and she did go for a 3rd but ended up having to take some out cus the restriction was way too much and she couldn't even swallow water ! but its easy to unfill if that was to happen . xxx

So tonight i managed a dinner !! Blimey just shows how quick you get healed ! i had 3 new potatoes, 3 small heads of Brocolli, 1 small chuncky battered Cod , 2 spoons of Mashed Sweet Poatoe and Parsley Sauce. Took me 45 mins to eat it and was lovely !! But i feel so guilty eating it was all mashed up but i feel oh no should i be eating that !! But in comparison to what i would have eaten it was like a Kids meal !! Today i only had a small pot of Cottage Cheese didn't feel hungry so by dinner was a bit hungry ! i think the problem i have is that because when i first had the op the restriction was so much it scared me to think i can actually eat stuff now but i suppose its only normal....until i have a fill. I lost another lb when i weighed myself this morning so from last weeks Panic i'm now 18.10 from the 19 i was stuck at so in fact eating has made me lose weight ha ha! Again once the exercise classes start and i have my fill i know i'll feel more like i'm doing something and working with my band. Mind u i still don't eat much compared to what i ate before so i might just shut up now and stop thinking about it ha ha !! starting to wind myself up !!
I feel well, I feel happy and i am slimmer and just over 2stone lighter so i don't know why i even think this way. Just shows tho that a life of being overweight it will take time for my head to re-cover too :) xxxx

Well done Livvy, glad the scales are moving again!! It will take time for you (and all of us) to get our heads round working with our new bodies, and we all have to remember that the tortoise not the hare won the race in the end!! We will get there, and we will be slinky in size 14 by next summer - just keep that in mind when you need some motivation x

Aww Livvy, you answered yourself by the end of the post! Don't worry!! It's good that you are able to eat more... The aim is to eat a normal meal but on a side plate not a dinner plate... Perhaps the only thing you should have done differently was to have eaten more during the day do you weren't so hungry by the evening...

Well done on making those scales move again... Now, step away from the scales for a week!

Alice xx

Hello all, been a while since i last posted . Been such a busy beeeeee!! Phoned my clinic this morning and booked my first fill for 23rd of August. Can't wait ! My eating is nearly back normal foods now, anything goes down . I still eat a lot less than i did but the restriction of the op ( swelling etc) has completly gone nowand the weight loss has stopped. Sometimes when i eat a bit fast i feel it stuck for a couple of seconds and then thats it . My weight has stuck too for the past 2 weeks or so so i know my body is ready for the fill. Been swimming daily and it feels good to be doing some exercise and i do feel really well. However my mind feels a bit uneasy(but expected knowing me !! ha ha ) as being able to eat again and feeling hungry does make me feel a bit down sometimes as it reminds me of how life used to be and i liked the feeling and control when i felt restriction. I know once i start having fills it will come back so thats something i look forward too. I know the mind has to follow to with the band but it was so much easier when i felt no hunger and my portion size was tiny.....i just have to be paitient now and wait for the 23rd. I do also know that as i have a 11cm band the first fill may not last that long and i may need a couple to really get that weight loss going but part of me does think...oh i do hope the 1st fill does work but hey if not i have unlimited fills in my package so i'll be straight on to them ha ha !
The day after the fill is my dads 60th big birthday bash so thats a good thing...the thought of being surrounded by gorgeous food and drink actually makes me fearful now but i use it as a postive...it just shows how motivated i am to make this work for me ...so far so good i suppose !! I have lost lots of inches as well as lbs .....i now wear a size 20 jean ....and i was a 24 and my tops i can wear are 18/20 when they used to be 24/26 in some cases !! I feel when i i'm out so much more comfortable. Yes i have a belly but i am quite amazed that 32lbs i have lost have made such a difference to my body. Diets i have done before didn't seem to do that or maybe my frame of mind was different ....so i'm looking forward to losing another stone ( doing 1 at a time !) and see how that changes my appearance ...its so exciting !! My little project at the moment is to fit into a pair of Next jeans ....i still have that voucher eamonn gave me i was going to buy some things for the house but the other day i stopped and thought no olivia...wait ha ha !!!! so that will be my little incentive for the next 4-6 weeks. Anyway as i said before i feel well and active and the best thing about this is .......when i stopped losing weight before on a diet or i had lost a few lbs and felt good about myself i would get complacent and eventually would sabotage my efforts with slipping back into old ways....BUT NOW .....I know that yes it may have stopped for a few weeks but the weight i have lost will never come back and i have no choice but to carry on losing as the band is stuck inside me and my road to slimsville is creeping nearer and nearer ...Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Hope everyone is well and doing ok, all those waiting for surgery of any kind however near or far u are.....it is sooooooooo worth the wait which ever way u get there....Good luck !! xxxxx

missed you around Livvy, not chatted in ages!

Sounds like you've done really well so far, 32lb is amazing! Great about the sizes too.

Stay strong and positive, and keep focusing on the 23rd x

Wow Livvy, you are doing soo well - I can't wait to fit into a 20 top or bottom!! You are feeling the same as me re restriction - it is much harder now that there isn't any, and ooohh the pain when you forget and eat too fast - feels like a rock sitting on your chest!!
Well done matey, keep up to good work - not long till that fill but try and be good till then xxxx

Hi Hunny!!!!!!!!!!

Good to see you posting!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry I missed you, real long story, will put it on my thread!!!!!! when i manage to get my head together today or tomorrow...

You are doing fantastic!!!!!!!! speak to oyu real soon

Back