• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Three little victories!!

snagglepuss

No regrets!!
I've been very busy working away so apologies if I have missed commenting on any recent congratulations/commiserations due etc!!

Just got home and found another Kg has been jettisoned, but I have also three more things to share that have cheered me up:

1. I can now fit into the £6 black trousers Sainsburys sell - size 20!! Brilliant cheap stop-gap work trousers that I won't worry about ditching after a few weeks. I've not been a size 20 since I was a teenager :)

2. I've just eaten steak for the first time since my op (6th September 2011)! I cooked a small piece of tender rib-eye steak in a halogen oven and ate it really slowly with cauliflower cheese - it was divine and has cheered me up no end as when the summer comes I will still be able to have it on my BBQ! :) :)

3. I am an emergency services volunteer and ordered a high-vis jacket before xmas -I risked going for XL instead of XXXL as I would normally have done in the past! When it arrived it was........get this....... TOO BIG! :eek: I have now swapped it for a L - A BLOODY L!!!! Not an 'X' in sight! :D:D Never ever have I ordered something in a size other than the maximum on offer!

In addition, every day I feel the health benefits, I can run up and down flights of stairs without thinking I'm going to have a heart attack, my feet don't ache when I walk (although I am suffering with my back and hips at the mo, due to walking and sleeping differently as the weight change displaces my posture apparently)

I'm beaming like a Cheshire cat again (lunatic tendencies have always been in there - but now I can actually run around to maximise the effect!) :D Things like this re-enforce the fact that I made the right choice to have surgery.

I will shut up now, and crawl back in my hole (WHICH ISNT XL any more lol)

hahahahaha nice one mate, well done :) xxx

Well done!!! Lovely to hear of your success. Long may the successes continue.
Cheers,

Congratulations on the great results !!!

You carry ok grinning hunni you deserve it , well done xx

Congrats on all the Non Scale Victories, Snagglepuss !!

And fab to know that steak is NOT impossible!

Fantastic...glad you're on a high, long may it continue......those non scale victories are soooooooo important :):)

WELL DONE. x

What an uplift for you! Fantastic - there may be no X's any more on the clothes labels but here's a few from me !
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I can feel your smile from Liverpool!

Fantastic well dun Hun x

Thanks everyone! :)

I cant tell you how pleased I am for you - Well Done - I can feel your happiness through your words, and it made me smile with you xx

Thats brill hun. Cant wait to ditch th x on my clothes and the 2 at the begining

well done snagglepuss, i was looking at those pants today in Sainsbury's for work i didn't dare buy any in case they were too small :( i might have a walk up tomorrow and try them on :) xx is that what you call a triple bypass now then :)

Shout from the rooftops.... im smiling like a chershire cat for you!! well done. Ooh and steak and cauliflower cheese sounds yummy... im so happy for you xxx

Back