• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Timing is crap, am I doing the right thing

Lesley what can I say but to repeat everything everyone else as said.
The only thing I might add is the power of positive thinking and am wondering whether seeing you happy would give more strength to your husband?
I guess all you can do talk with hubby, get a great support system in place if you can and think of the help you will be to him the lighter you get.
I wish you both health and happiness xx

Thank you ever so much for all your best wishes and thoughts.

We have decided that I should go ahead with the surgery, my family have made the decision for me. My daughter-in-law is going to call in every day after getting the kids off to school and my son is able to work from home when needed to provide lifts until I am able to drive. We are hoping that by the time that Trev starts to suffer from the horrible effects of the Chemo I will be well on the road to recovery. So today my husband is making meatballs for tea and whilst I am looking forward to WW soup yuk!

I'm gld you have a family network that will be helping you out. Good luck with your surgery and I hope your husband recovers quickly x x

very sorry to hear about your OH and i hope things go well for him my cousin has stomace cancer and all i can say is hes add it for years and keeps having check ups every 3 or 4 months if any have regrown he just goes in and they laser them away. i know that sounds simpler than it is but it shows that it can be managed well after initial treatment. second just before i had my op my OH had a scare he thought he had bowel cancer luckily he didnt but i still feel that he need to get to the bottom of how he feels

my hubby had a cancer scare just before i had my op, he was lucky that he got the all clear but before he did like you i had a lot of thinking to do. i dont know your fammily situation but we dont have that suport so that made me have more to think of. my weight was causing me a lot of problems ie. constant pain and i could hardly walk any distance. so i didnt feel that if he was ill i could in my present situation be of much use to him, also if he needed care and i couldnt do anything it was efectivly meaning that we needed someont to care for us both. i felt that in that situation i should have my op and hope that i recoverd quickly and that my health and mobility improved. i decided that this way we would both benifit. as i said he was ok so it didnt arise but if it had in my situation i would have had my op. only you can decide for yourself but weigh up everything and i know you will know wat is best for you. good luck ....................kath xxxxx

Aww i'm so sorry about this news hun:(If I was you, I would postpone your surgery, so you can help your hubby through his treatment, as after your surgery you will need help yourself for a few weeks, and wont be up to to looking after anybody else full time:(
Good luck xx:eek:
whoops have just seen your update, and glad you have made a decision and have the support x

It sounds as though you have good family support in place and have been able to make a decision that will work for you.

I'm so sorry that you find yourselves in this terrible position and hope it all goes well for you both.

Hi Lesley, i didn't get online yesterday so only just read your thread. Sorry the news wasn't as good as you hoped.
I know how important the op is to you and how stressed you have been lately with the confusion around your op date. Your family also seem to be very respectful of this and i'm glad you have their full support.
I know you will be a bit physically incapacitated post surgery but you will be able to give your hubby lots of emotional support (and in my recollections of my mums chemo treatments this was the most valuable thing) and timing wise, you will be starting to pick up before he goes for his surgery.
You know where i am if you need to offload x x

Sending lots of healing thoughts to you both and your families

xx

Back