• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tobi's Band :)

Hellloooooo restriction! Nice to meet you, I wasn't expecting you just yet, what a nice surprise :)

I could manage 4-6 ryvita crackerbreads for lunch last week with cream cheese and turkey ham, I got stuffed after 2 today. Yay :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hellloooooo restriction! Nice to meet you, I wasn't expecting you just yet, what a nice surprise :)

I could manage 4-6 ryvita crackerbreads for lunch last week with cream cheese and turkey ham, I got stuffed after 2 today. Yay :) xxx

Woohoooo xxx

Hey Kells, how are you coping hon? When will you see your surgeon?? Xxx

Fab lol x

SHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I'm only jealous because I can't eat

xxx

Hiya Hun still got pain in the night but seeing surgeon tomorrow fingers crossed something can be sorted xxx

Good luck tomorrow hun i'll be thinking of you and keeping fingers and toes crossed!!! Xxx

SHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I'm only jealous because I can't eat

xxx

Aww but it will be sooo worth it :) almost there, keep up the good work! Xxx

In two days my 4 weeks are done. Proper food, here I come!!!

Yay :) how are you feeling hun? Normal food is great, dry food fills you up much quicker. I had my first chicken tonight. I was really scared but went down really well after chewing chewing and c hewing hehe xxx

Hi Tobi,
I am fine. I feel ok. I am a bit bored with the mashed food, but in a few days it will be over.
I am glad that you managed the chicken. You are only a few weeks ahead of me, so if you are managing, it is like a light at the end of tunnel for me. xxx

Hi hon! I'm fine, loving the restriction with 6ml which probably isn't the 'sweet spot' yet but feeling close.

I ate naughty stuff over the Christmas so I gained 2lb and I'm glad I didn't gain any more! I allowed myself this time though so not really beating myself up too much. I have a nye party tonight and afterwards back on track :)

My problem is we're moving house on the 3rd and 4th but going through the whole house and the loft before that plus there are builders in the new house so we're constantly driving back and forth and we eat out a lot. Good thing is, whatever I eat I can only eat a little bit so it's not too bad as long as I can stick to dry crunchy stuff. I don't always have the energy though.

Feb onwards I'll start the gym too. In Jan we'll have enough work to do in the house I bet :)

Hope you all had a good Christmas. Happy new year to us all to hit the targets. 2013 summer time we'll be transformed women and men!!! Xxx

I did the same. I ate naughty stuff over the Christmas and put on about 1-2 pounds, but like you, I believe that Christmas are here once a year, and as long as I don't try to find some reason (or excuse) to celebrate something every month, it should be no issue that I decided to be a bit naughty. Now I am back to my strict routine, so hopefully not much hard done.

Have a lovely 2013 and hopefully this year is our year. We will get there!

Hi all, it was about time I posted an update! This might be long but I'll write it anyway :)

This is a story of how I almost failed, hehe

The past monday, 15th of April was my 6th month anniversary and although I was hoping to have done better by now, I think I've done well overall.

I lost 64 lb (4st 8lb) since I started and that alone would have been worth getting the band fitted even if I didn't lose any more weight. Although I am planning to lose a lot more than that :p

I lost a lot of weight very quickly in the beginning because I was 100% focused, thinking hardly anything other than the pre op, op and the recovery etc. For me, when I do one thing at a time, I kick ass but when the excitement wore off after the second fill or so, with hardly any restriction, I got bored of dieting and tried eating 'normal stuff' depending on the band to do my portion control. I should have lost weight if I ate half the portions, right? Wrong!

Well, I knew I was cheating but I couldn't have done better at the time due to a million things going on... We moved house to a new place, there was a lot of getting to know and getting used to while at the same time I moved to another office within the same company, closer to our new house. The commute turned out to be much much worse than I anticipated, I kinda messed up there. My job is really hectic, my hours get unpredictable at project launch deadlines, commute is killing me and working in the new office just doesn't work.

Stressed and very depressed at work, all I wanted to do all day was to go back home and eat chocolate and that's exactly what I did... Healthy food choices becoming second nature still isn't that easy for someone like me who's found joy and comfort in food for all her life, I celebrated and mourned with food - quite disturbing...

Then suddenly I stopped worrying about my job and started worrying about myself :) I was sabotaging my own progress and a job was a job after all and my life was more important than that. I wrote my resignation but haven't found the courage to hand it in yet. My husband's happy to support me even if I chose to stay at home but I can't stay at home, I've never not worked, can't even imagine not working! Looking for something else meantime and I'm not going to let this job situation to take over my life. So I am back to my diet, working with my band. I have quite good restriction at the moment, I just need to work with it. I started swimming 3 times a week and spending my lunch hour walking - more decent weather sure does help! And it pays off immediately, after staying the same for 2 months or so I lost 3 pounds this week and that should give me enough motivation to carry on.

If I didn't have my band, I would have gained a couple of stones in the last couple of months and I am grateful for it. I had a little go at maintaining, lol, but glad to be back in the game. I have a lot more to lose and I'll be here for a while.

Not all things are doom and gloom in my life though! I am feeling healthier, can move around much easier. My weight loss is definitely noticed, especially by people who haven't seem me a while. I was changing to go to bed the other night and my husband said 'wow you look really slim!' and that was the best compliment because he sees me every day so he doesn't really notice as much as others can. Obviously I don't look slim at all, just less fat, lol! I will have enough courage to post photos one day hopefully...

So, that's me, almost failed but I think I'm ok now. Happy 6th month anniversary to me. 64 pounds loss isn't that bad, eh? ;) xx

Tobi 64lb is a great loss in 6 months - yay to you x x

Nice to see you posting again and good luck with the job x

Back