• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tobi's Band :)

Exactly 4 weeks ago on the 15th of October at exactly this time, I was sitting in the Dolan Park reception, shaking with nerves, waiting for my blood tests.

I lost 30lb pre-op in 4 weeks and as of today 8lb post-op. It's a little frustrating to lose much more pre-op but hey I wasn't expecting a miraculous cure :)

If it goes as planned, I'll hopefully hit my mini objective of losing 50 lb by the end of the year. And even if I can't, I won't beat myself up because I've never managed to lose this much weight before. I love my band :)

Hello normal food, here I come! xxx

That's an amazing achievement hon, you have Really done well! 38lb phew... Bet you can feel a massive difference :)
I want at least another 10lb off if possible, I've lost around 2 stone, love to make it 3 by Xmas!!!
I love my band too, I think a lot of my problems with portion size and gobbling my food have disappeared, and the head hunger had lessened... Still there but a happens a lot less xx

Today all the glue fell off after my morning shower - finally! The incisions look so smooth, like a thin pink line and there was nothing to be worried about what was hiding under the ugly scab :) xxx

I'm amazed you kept the glue for so long, mine flaked off in days and wounds opened, sure my surgeon got his glue from pound land!!!

Oh yes I remember you said! I kept them dry for a long time maybe that helped? Only showered with waterproof plasters for 2-3 weeks as I was paranoid they would open! How are your incisions now, all healed? X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Tobi said:
Oh yes I remember you said! I kept them dry for a long time maybe that helped? Only showered with waterproof plasters for 2-3 weeks as I was paranoid they would open! How are your incisions now, all healed? X

I didn't have plasters over the glue only over port wound which was stiched and I showered the day after surgery as surgeon said I could! Lol

I didn't have them either but I bought some and put them on while I showered and removed them afterwards.

Good luck with your fill! I have mine next Saturday, so exciting :) xx

First fill was painful! Took 3 attempts to find port but he put 4.5mls in so I'm very pleased with that! :)

Ouch! I'm scared now! 4.5 ml sounds like a great amount. Getting closer to the sweet spot hopefully :) I can't wait til mine! Well done hon :) how long on liquid and soft food?

My port is in an odd place. When standing up, it's just above one of my incisions but when I lie down its exactly under it. Now I'm scared the needle will have to go through all that scar tissue under the incision bleughhh... X

Tobi said:
Ouch! I'm scared now! 4.5 ml sounds like a great amount. Getting closer to the sweet spot hopefully :) I can't wait til mine! Well done hon :) how long on liquid and soft food?

My port is in an odd place. When standing up, it's just above one of my incisions but when I lie down its exactly under it. Now I'm scared the needle will have to go through all that scar tissue under the incision bleughhh... X

One day liquids and one day soft food, my port is just below cleavage, he went in by the scar tissue but it was actually finger breadth below! Still hurts :( felt really weird!

pongis said:
One day liquids and one day soft food, my port is just below cleavage, he went in by the scar tissue but it was actually finger breadth below! Still hurts :( felt really weird!

Are you feeling ok afterwards? Mines still 3 weeks off, I can't wait!!! Starving today, made a real pig of myself!!! I'm a bit worried my port has moved actually as seems lower since Saturday and much more prominent, hope to god it hasn't flipped. :(

Your port will move mine has the more weight u lose the more u will see it too , all perfectly normal :) x

SAS1 said:
Are you feeling ok afterwards? Mines still 3 weeks off, I can't wait!!! Starving today, made a real pig of myself!!! I'm a bit worried my port has moved actually as seems lower since Saturday and much more prominent, hope to god it hasn't flipped. :(

Bit bruised to be honest but definitely feeling some restriction! :)

I've definitely got some restriction now, couple of times I haven't chewed enough and it bloody hurts! My head still wants to eat though!! ;)

I just had my first fill :) no pain whatsoever, didn't even feel the needle go in. I suppose that proves everyone is different :) I now have 4ml in my 10ml band and the nurse said I will need another one before I actually feel some restriction. Well I have another booked in for 15 dec so here's something to look forward to :) xxx

I just had my first fill :) no pain whatsoever, didn't even feel the needle go in. I suppose that proves everyone is different :) I now have 4ml in my 10ml band and the nurse said I will need another one before I actually feel some restriction. Well I have another booked in for 15 dec so here's something to look forward to :) xxx

Glad all went well Tobi x

Back