• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SunnyJ band 25th October 2015

Hi Sunny

I am glad you had a good time and felt fab. I bet you looked stunning.

Mine was ok, had a little bit of a boogie but was a bit of a flat night. Had a few too many wines so was not actually interested in the food by the time we actually got it.

Am off to tgis tonight with some friends for an Xmas catch up. God knows what I can eat on the menu lol

Thanks Tracey :)

I did feel fab X

I've not stopped eating since though .... Bloody Xmas is a nightmare ... I'm so stressed that I'm eating everything in sight and I can feel I've put weight on :-( there's seriously something wrong with my head when it comes to food!!

I had great control a few weeks ago so I'm hoping it will come back soon.

I'm worried about stretching the pouch because I can eat too much and I'm hungry and I eat too fast as well.

I need to get back to the rules.

I've used food so long as my crutch/ stress relief/ drug of choice I'm struggling to replace it/ give it up.

Any suggestions to help anyone??

I've tried hypnotherapy / I've tried a 12 step programme I've tried everything over the years!

I've successfully given up alcohol and smoking just got to do food now!

X X

Have a fab Christmas all X X

Hoping you're all doing great :) lots of love X X

Sunny. This could be my post this time last year. After the initial few months I really struggled. The only advice I can give you is reign it in now. Try your very best each and every day. Some days you can do it. Some days you can't!!!

Try not to let too many pounds creep on as the most soul destroying thing on this journey is having to revisit the lost pounds

This Wls really is our last chance saloon. Like you I have been EVERYWHERE else.

If it were all just about the food it would be much easier. But it's about our head - I am still a compulsive eater and binge eater all through the band/it's repair/and subsequent removal

16 months down the line I have come to recognise that its a very small number of people who have an easy journey. Even those who were flying high last Christmas and genuinely couldn't understand how others, like myself were 'abusing or wasting' our Wls tool are beginning to struggle

I don't want to be negative for the sake of it. But I do feel it is soooooo important to let the new people know how important it is to take every day, one day at a time and work the hell out of it because the honeymoon period does not last and when it ends it is terrifying - so stay in the zone for as long as possible. I had my op last August and really started to struggle with social events, special birthdays and an all inclusive Xmas holiday. By January I felt the same old feelings of failure and lost faith in my band. My whole mind set changed and I never ever got back into the zone

Stay focused over Xmas and do as well as you possibly can each day girls - I hope this helps in some way - go smash it!!!!

Thank you both so much :)

I really appreciate your words X

I've had 3 meals today, I've eaten smaller portions and I'm trying to get it back under control X

Christmas is hard but this year I've lost 3 stone since last Xmas so I can do this.

I had a side plate for tea and didn't finish it. I had a bowl of lunch and again didn't finish it all... I'm still eating too fast though and too much but even leaving stuff on my plate is really hard ... Really hard .. But one step at a time and like you say one day at a time X

Love to you both X X

What's the show and tell??

Thanks Tracey :) I usually use the phone app but I'll have a search. How're you doing??

I'm better today thanks. It's like I get days / weeks ( it used to be months / years) where I'm just someone else with food.... I have no control and nothing hits the spot at all, and I just want more and more and then it goes again and I'm better for a while!

I'm feeling better ... Although tbh I did break my self imposed no alcohol rule and had a bottle of wine last night! I'm not planning on having another until over Xmas with my sister one day so that's ok, and the world didn't end!!

I think I'm just a binge personality maybe ??

I need to keep up with reading everyone diaries and posting on here cos it helps ..... Plus I could do with winning the lottery !! ;-) Lol

Hope everyone is well and getting ready for Xmas X X

So I've been thinking ( as you do) and I think I need some therapy / counselling - I get flash backs out of no where to stuff that I did / happened over 20 yrs ago and I cringe ... (Ive had this for years) I've just been thinking maybe I need to get this stuff out of my head?? I've been box setting greys anatomy over the last few weeks so I'm in an American 'therapy' place lol ...

I might approach the gp at some point

X

So that's my thought for the day :)

Hope you all are doing well and love to all X X

I know exactly what you mean I cringe all the time when I think about my past.

Overthinking the past is a typical sign of anxiety. It's always useful to get some help. I used a local service called iapt (improving access to psychological therapy) & did a stress control course for 6 weeks. It covered many aspects of stress, anxiety & depression. I found it very useful, particularly the coping strategies I learnt

Thank you both for replying I nearly edited my post after but I thought no it's out there it's true and I'm sure I'm not the only one... And I'm not X

Not sure any of us really gave our heads a thought before embarking in this band malarkey lol not sure it gets any easier either BUT you learn how to cope differently ....I found talk therapy worked for me and that huge knot of 'stuff' started to unravel itself... I now can see stuff as it rears its head and hopefully understand it before it hits too hard......

Talking therapy sounds good - did you get it through your gp or did you access it privately ??

I was referred through my health visitor as she recognised the signs, although I could have self referred but I didn't know the service existed. I'm still trying to get more help as issues with food & weight are still controlling many aspects of my life day to day & I know I need to do something. The help iapt gave me was invaluable, but more useful to life stresses than the issues of weight loss & food & dealing with past issues related to why I turned to food & got so big.
I really believe that every wls procedure should come with some form of mental health support. Food truly is the worst addiction to have & to get past the addiction it's our heads that need to fixed not out tummys x

Hmmm agreed Emma .... I had mine done via the NHS and honestly the mental health side is little looked at really..... they asses you before hand and you do get help if needed..... BUT I was deemed not to need it ???? so how many are slipping thru the net???? of course private is very different again.... this wls is just treating the side effects and not the cause..... I think given what we know now, post surgery that its little to do with our tummys and all to do with the head :)

There really should be more support on the mental aspect of it. When I was looking for a provider I looked to see if there was any mental/ head / support but there's not .... Which seriously surprises me. I would've paid more for a package which included this.

I'm still putting weight back on ... But then I'm actually eating food not 300- 500 Cals a day - as I was before.

Back