• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tobi's Band :)

Bought some maxi muscle protein bars from Superdrug today and 2 bottles of slim fast, keeping them as a standby for anytime I can't find something suitable. :)

i always have slim fast and protein bars at home and keep a bar in my handbag coz you never know if there's somewhere suitable to eat when you're out and about :)

it's only because i went camping to Santa Pod raceway and they only had burger bars etc etc so i had hardly anything to eat all weekend so now i make sure i have them at all times and hoplland and barret have the penny sale at the moment so got 6 the other day for just over £8 strawberry shortcake is my favourite i'm not really a choc lover :) but make sure you get the protein bars i made a mistake one time and got carb ones (not a good idea ) x

Booooo I'm hungry, all the time! Whatever I eat, in an hour or so I'm hungry again... Need a fill, doing this purely on willpower is hard work :( xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I agree hon, me too. Mines over 4 weeks away yet! :( I keep drinking loads to help a bit

On the positive side, I can't eat a mountain of food at one sitting like I used to. :) but the willpower side of things, I was never any good with it, so do know how you feel!

It's the psychologic worry that helps me, you get frightened of pushing it too far, don't want to be sick or get pain!!! i suppose even now I'm glad it's there, yes I can feel hunger, sometimes very strongly, but then the stop mechanism kicks in, which never kicked in prior!!! Without this, I'd definitely be a clothes size bigger by now.

When's your fill hon? You are doing fantastic!!! Xxx

Oh yes absolutely, glad I have the band, I can feel the restriction which stops me eating after a while but after an hour or so I feel hungry again. Hopefully this will get better when I'm normal foods next Monday xxx

I'm still on similar stage to you Tobi, can't wait to get to normal food. I feel full at the top where band is but sometimes still grumble at lower tummy, when it feeds through I'm pretty satisfied, but can feel hungry again within an hour.
I'm hoping the crunchier food helps too!!! X

I had veg stir fry with a bit of corned beef for lunch today and kept the veg a bit al dante just to try (still considered soft, breakable by fork) and you know what I've felt full for hours! There is hope :) xxx

Starting the hard stuff Monday (god I sound like an alcoholic) can't wait. Think ill wean myself into it over the weekend as got nothing to fill my time as well, so focus on food more then.
I love stir fry, but mainly with a fattening sauce like satay, or Thai green chilli lol!!! X

Reading your conversation, Sas1 and Tobi, and I started turning green with envy! :jelous: I wish I could move at least to the mash stage!!! (wiping the dribble running down my chin!) But never mind. Another 8 days and I will be there too. :)

Hanako you'll be there before you know it and the appetite and the cravings are back :p xx

Tobi said:
Hanako you'll be there before you know it and the appetite and the cravings are back :p xx

Tobi, I ate way too much tonight! I ate a slice of garlic bread, soup and then ate 4 chicken chunks, plus a glass of pouring yogurt. Feel so uncomfortable now, really tested my band.
It all happened as I was so unprepared and came home starving.
Don't feel sick, just heavy and full yuk!
I'll have to think of some snacks to keep as standby so this doesn't happen again :( x

I've seen your mfp diary hon and the calories are well within limits when added up. I think it's to do with eating a lot in one go. Wouldn't have been a problem spread out the day. Chin up babes, the uncomfy heavy chest full feeling will pass in an hour or so but maybe eat more frequently but in smaller portions? I've done the same thing earlier this week, when I dont plan I mess up... I put a fishcake in the oven tonight and thought I could eat the whole lot but instead I only served up the half and ate it veeeeery slowly and it filled me up. I think we need to learn to slow down, I'm finding that difficult! xxx

Ohh I discovered Atkins bars they are sooo delish! I tried the browni bar and the chocolate decadence protein bar so far, both super yummy and with hardly any carbs! 200ish cal a bar but you can have half and it keeps you full for a good few hours. I had half mid morning and other half mid afternoon. Yum yum yum :) x

Good luck honey!!! Time does fly, almost 4 weeks since my op, unbelievable :) xxx

Back