• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SunnyJ band 25th October 2015

sunnyJ

So today is day 3 , I went down to surgery about 8.40am on Sunday morning and came back to my room at 10.30am.

After all the problems with my heart rate I came home yesterday went to my Gp and came home.

Day 3 had my husband do the blood thining injection and change my wound pads (as per instructions) had a 5 min walk managed about 1.5 of a shake so far today and it's 5pm.

Seriously problems with wind! It's that feeling of wind after drinking feel like I need a burp but can't .... I'm sure it will ease. Relatively little pain at all. Just a bit tender, taking paracetamol - was given Dissolveable by the hospital but a bit too fizzy I think so changed to suspension (kids version) today.

I like the idea of this diary - somewhere to get everything out and document :)

I've been reading others and it's so helpful to rad how others are doing too :)

Food smells so gorgeous though .,. But I don't want it and I'm not hungry... I'm feeling thirsty though. I usually drink a lot of water.

I feel a bit guilty being out of action and my husband doing stuff and the kids helping because I need a lot of help around the house and I did this to myself! But they're all being really good.

Firstly congratulations on the successful surgery, you'll start to see the results in no time. Look forward to reading your diary going forward.

Yay sunny, slow progress. A couple of days ahead of u, u will pick up a bit more energy every day. I know what u mean about the hunger. It's just non existent at the moment

Thanks guys. I'm struggling with drinking/ eating today I sort of feel like I need more water but I getting really bad wind. I was ok first 2 days but today day 3 it's bad. Not sure when the nurse will call me either. Maybe I should call them tomorrow.

I had to go see my go yesterday re the ecg etc and she was pretty bad tbh. It was the last appointment of the day and very late but she was really bad eyes rolling etc. I had told her previously I was having the op and she wished me luck with it and was supportive but she didn't seem to be after. It was almost as if she thought all private surgery was bad ... Very strange... A bit them and us so to speak.

I'm trying to sip like I've been advised but it's not easy. I think I take more water in that way!

Passing wind but not enough today! Maybe I'll go make a peppermint tea and go to bed. I don't like this being out of action but I'll get there I'm sure :)

Keep taking your pain meds if it helps, also windeze.... all the little sips will add to the wind but you have to keep the fluids up too.... give it a few days, move around as much as possible and it will pass....I promise x x x just remember the top of your tum is restricted with all the swelling, so the wind has nowhere to go ..... a hot water bottle on your back will work wonders :)

Thanks crystal it's the middle of the night and the wind had woken me up so I've taken some gripe water and had a full cup of peppermint tea. In fact going to go back for another one! Got 2 hot water bottles and hoping it will help X X

I'm a bit breathless tonight which isn't helping - feel like I am struggling to get my breath - I've opened s window for some fresh air. Going to have another walk around the house for more peppermint tea and then try to sleep again.

I'm lucky I think I don't have any pain just the wind pain.

X X

Oh hun, such a shame you are in so much pain. Start taking windeze, they sure help. I find it helps if i take my codeine before I go to bed, makes me sleep a bit better. Try and keep moving around today, a few minutes at a time, every hour. I did that from day one and it seems to help.

Thanks Mrs b. The 2 cups of peppermint tea helped a lot and I slept really well. Getting there now I think. How're you doing with everything? I'm going to order some more peppermint today, and maybe a bit if fennel too...

I'm still a bit shocked I've done it.... I can't believe I've done it! I have a band!

You know I feel so much better when I'm not stuffing my face full of food.... And hopefully I won't ever do it again!

Onwards and upwards, or downwards (on the scales)

How's your blood thining injections going... I can't do it at all... My erm well he's still my technically my husband but we've been separated nearly 2 years (my choice) but we're still very good friends ... Has to come over everyday to do it! I'm so pathetic with needles - which is going to be interesting getting fills!

I had the SILS single incision and I'm glad I did, hardly any pain from the wound at all. I had no pain relief in hospital and just taking paracetamol now (I don't like codiene bumgs me up and makes me feel weird). The reason I chose the SILS was because it's supposed to be less painful.

I'm going to distract myself today by finishing buying my new car ..... Much fun :) still taking it easy and staying at home though.

Going to walk more today too X

So I have 3 days of antibiotics from the hosp

Oops

As a preventative .. Well took them this morning with 1.5 cup of peppermint tea and about 3/4 a shake and feel much better today. Much although I've just had explosive diahorrea! I'm assuming it's the antibiotics that have done it... But should mean I don't need to worry about bm!

Oh lucky you! Still no BM for me :(. All sorts of rumbling tho.

I know what you mean about feeling free. As much as I enjoy smelling hubbys food at the moment, I do not fancy it at all.

Blood thinning is going fine. Im not too bad with needles, doesnt really bother me at all. I also have no pain from the wounds at all....its just my insides that are sore lol.

Well, happy car hunting!!!!

Sounds like your doing really well Mrs b :)

I'm still quite tired and I think I might be hungry. I've just spoken to my bariatric nurse and she's advised me to book an appointment for 5 weeks for my first fill.

So the journey really has begun now! Looking forward to seeing how we all do :)

It sounds like you are going well Sunny. Honestly, the only thing that shift my wind (I also got hit around Day 3) was near constant pottering. I was on my feet the majority of the time from the morning after the op and spend most of my time now pottering round the house and garden. Keeping on the move really does get the wind shifting.

How you doing now sundown? I wish I could potter all day but there's not enough to do here... I have a very small house and I'm a bit bored now tbh! Lol I've tidied up done 2 loads of washing etc. I'm tired as well so I do something then I'm like ok time for a sleep ... I'm just having a cup of tea incase it's the lack of caffeine that's making me tired! Lol

Oh I'm trumping well now sorry tmi but it feels great lol

I've just had some soya yoghurt Mrs b went down a lot easier than the horrid shakes they gave me .., or even the soups. Felt a bit more substantial / real than the other stuff. What's skyr??

I'm still waiting to hear how much extra they are going to charge me for my extra night in hospital ... But these things happen it'll have to be ok.

Maybe I won't have tea and stick to peppermint tea giving up caffeine is not a bad thing! I could start on the decaf tea bags... Hmm that's an idea could keep me occupied for a bit.

My animals won't leave me alone at the mo... They're following me round the house lol

Going to try take the dog for a walk I think. Get some fresh air and s bit of exercise... Then maybe back for another sleep!! Lol I feel so indulgent I'm usually racing round like s lunatic, work, picking kids up etc

My daughter is out all day with her friends and my son is so laid back he's practically horizontal lol

Oh I'm rambling on and on ..., you can tell I'm getting bored being at home!

LOL yeh the trumping is magic hahaha. Skyr is also a yoghurt, made by arla. It has loads of protein in it, around 10g per 100g. And as you say, it feels really substantial. I do enjoy the soups and shakes, but by god, im getting bored of them.

Having more of an appetite today, but nothing compared to what it was like....thinking back on the amount of food I ate two weeks ago, it seems almost ridiculous.

Take up knitting, that will keep you busy.....or get some colouring books :)

Ah I wondered what skyr was thank you.

Well I did do more pottering and went for a wind fueled walk yesterday and seemed a lot better and I slept properly!!! Thank god.

This is gonna sound odd but I really didn't know what to do with myself when off work. I have forgotten how to potter about because I've got some real bad fat habits. I like to read so that is my go to relax which is too uncomfortable at the mo (just sitting is not comfy with the wind). But I managed to potter about quite successfully once I got my head round it yesterday. It really is about changing so many bad habits I didn't realise I had some of them.

I'm going out today ... Yay ... Taking my daughter for her hair doing and her nails to say thank you for helping me! Plus it's a little treat for school holidays! :) her dad is driving us and I'm going to take it easy but it'll be nice to have a change of scenery!

I know i wasn't supposed to but I couldn't sleep on my back sat up anymore it was so painful so I slept normally on my side and just supported my stomach. I struggle with sleep being so fat and I'm looking forward to being able to sleep easier as the fat goes!! Suffocated by my own boobs is what happens!! Lol

I think I am quite fortunate with my wind pain. It isn't bad at all. Maybe get yourself some senokot dual relied. It helps passing wind ...well at least for me lol

It's getting better by the day Mrs b. I'm just a big wuss when it comes to pain I really am lol .., I'm a bit delicate really lol

How's your weight it's dropping off me at the mo, but I suppose it will I'm hardly getting any calories in!

I feel soo much better though!!

Although I keep opening the fridge and looking in ? must stop that one. I seem to be craving gravy at the mo... Veggie gravy of course as I'm veggie but gravy ...lol I think it must be the time of year, time for vegetables and gravy! :)

:) have a good day

Oh just thought of this ....

Whilst I was recovering from op I kept having really vivid dreams about food I mean like really vivid. My OH thinks it was my stomach rebelling against surgery .., random I know but thought I'd share :)

Back