• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tobi's Band :)

There's a pic of my wounds in my photo album if curious lol

I would love to see it, but I don't seem to be able to find it! :( Can you advise me where to look for it? (which part of the forum, under what thread). Thank you! (I am not very good at finding things here yet)

Congrats on your new band Tobi, I had Mr Super at Dolan Park so your posts have brought back some funny memories. Its funny everyone always mentions the animals outside the windows lol which i will always remember. xxx

OMG, I just noticed that the link to the photos is on the left hand side just under your name, badges and the small photo. (Ups, feeling embarrassed about how slow I am sometimes!). I am gonna look at the photos now, Jo28172.

That's it now everyone prepare to be stalked! Happy pic viewing :D

Hanako said:
Thank you for the photo, Toby. I was a bit curious how big the scars are, but did not dare to ask here! They don't look bad at all, considering that you had it done only yesterday! I am really impressed. On your photo I can see only 4 though, not five.

No probs hon, i sure looked them up before so i thought someone might be interested in seeing mine, hehe. Fifth one is the very vague one on the left of the pic, barely visible, i'd forget its there if there wasn't a gentle pull inside. X

JO28172 said:
That's it now everyone prepare to be stalked! Happy pic viewing :D

Hmmm cant seem to find that on the ipad app Jo :( x

Managed to see your albums on the laptop Jo - you look fab and thank you for sharing, you are a true inspiration! x

Ah thx girlies x

Morning!

Day after the op was good while in the hospital, journey back home was hard work and the afternoon in the house was painful because of trapped wind. It was behind my lung to start with then shifted to my shoulder and the side of my tummy I think and I couldn't even drink because of the pressure on my chest.

Managed to fart in the end (burping was too painful) thanks to my husband constantly massaging and patting my back like a baby, lol! That really helped :)

Used about 5-6 pillows to get comfy in bed in a semi-sitting position and slept from 11pm til 5:30am this morning, which is pretty good I think. I woke up once around 3pm because the cat decided to sit on my incisions, hurt a bit and I moved him and went back to sleep for a bit longer.

Got up this morning and released some more wind :p Walked around the house for 15-20 minutes, that really helped. Had half a cup of coffee, then half a glass of water with soluble co-codamol and just now managed a cup of thinned down chicken soup so doing much better getting some fluids in today than yesterday.

I tried Windeze, Boot's own brand and Deflatine all and my final decision is Deflatine was the best for me. It's easier to suck than the others and works faster I found. Peppermint tea is good too but I really don't like the taste.

Port side hurts today but I think that's only normal. I find that holding my hand over my left side while getting up and walking around kinda helps.

Like I've been saying for the last two days - it can only get better and easier from now on... One day at a time, one fart at a time, haha.

My experience overall is very positive though. I was expecting much worse than this. I was always aware that this would not be pain free but I thought it would be much more painful than it actually is. Which I'm grateful for...

Much love to you all xx

I heard this HUGE clap of thunder and thought of you ha ha

keep trumping my lovely!

Also - I read somewhere that peppermint cordial was good if you're not keen on peppermint tea

xxx

Hahahah your comment made my day :)

Sadly they are nowhere near as loud, more like a silent psssssst hahahah

Thank you! X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Tobi said:
Hahahah your comment made my day :)

Sadly they are nowhere near as loud, more like a silent psssssst hahahah

Thank you! X

Get used to saying goodbye to the big noisy farts :D I guess less cr*p in your body means less if the record breaking bombs! Nice little puffs of air now! :D

Congratulations on being banded hun! It really does get easier everyday I'm 10 days pos op now and just where my port sits is a lil sore but no painkillers or anything needed rest up a little too xx

Haha I just told my husband that there will no longer be thunderous farts and he said 'oh no I lost the woman I married' lol!

He refers to me as Wife 2.0 now anyway :p xxx

Back