• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tobi's Band :)

After a couple of days of zero appetite, I felt hungry tonight. I had some chicken stock and added a teaspoon of skimmed milk powder and a teaspoon of cheese sauce mix in it and turned into some sort of soup - it tastes amazing :)

I wonder how much I can manage though, just waiting for it to cool down a bit so I can have it.

What does restriction feel like? After I have a few sips of whatever I'm having I feel my chest tighten a bit as if I need a burp but I can't burp and I can't sip anymore. Am I forcing my band? Or is this just the soreness cos of the op? It's so foreign to me, I don't understand how it works yet. A little scary! X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Could be too much or too fast but that feeling if needing to burp but can't isn't nice. Take a good pause inbetween to allow time for it to drip thru your little funnel xx

Well done Toby I'm having my band in two weeks started pre opp diet today felling a little empty but sure it will get better speedy recovery to u ;)

JO28172 said:
Could be too much or too fast but that feeling if needing to burp but can't isn't nice. Take a good pause inbetween to allow time for it to drip thru your little funnel xx

Thanks Jo :) sipping slower is something I'm going to have to learn. But I think this is trapped wind as it shifts as I move... Bleh

X

Thank you Maxine - wishing you all the best with the pre op :) are you on milk and yogurt? Make sure you drink plenty of water! X

Tobi said:
Thank you Maxine - wishing you all the best with the pre op :) are you on milk and yogurt? Make sure you drink plenty of water! X

Morning Toby, hope your feeling ok this morning yes I'm on milk & yogurt diet second day today was feeling a bit down yesterday think starting diet has made it all very real I'm really looking forward to band & getting my life back, but so scared of op I'v never had anesthetic I'm being Silly I know
I'v had to children so not worried about pain lol x

I know what you mean, i was VERY scared but they look after you so well :) i was so much better and felt safer while at the hospital, didnt want to come home, lol! easy to say but please do try to focus on the great things to come and you will be fine xx

Hey! I'm much better thank you :) didn't need to take painkillers all day except the first one in the morning and I had a 30 min walk, yay! 3 small incisions are fine, the other two are still very sore but it is to be expected.

How are you doing? :) x

I'm fine my lovely - am presently colouring in pumpkins for halloween....quite amusing to see grown men decide that they too want to colour in, and it keeps them very quiet!

xxx

That sounds like fun! Last year around this time I was decorating Halloween cookies now I'm trying to get enough liquids down. Ah how times change :) xxx

Things I learned today:

Don't be brave, take your painkillers. Even tho it's ok in the day, going to bed and getting comfortable will be an issue...

Make sure you always have a glass of water around you. You might feel the need to cough and coughing hurts!

Laughing also hurts! And i bet sneezing should too... Keeping your hand pressed lightly over port can make it a tad better.

Tough night so far, I gave up and decided to sleep on the sofa :(

Aww bless ya think I took painkillers of a nighttime for at least 9 days x

Hope you have better night tonight Hun x

Thanks ladies :) i got high on co codomol and went back to bed and slept for 6 hours in the end. Hope you're doing well today xxx

I remember stoping the codamol as they knocked me right out for the day!

Sometimes i think it is possible to "forget" the fact that you've had surgery.

I remember finding my mother dusting the lounge a week after having a hysterectomy saying she felt fine - she didn't move for two days afterwards!

TAKE IT EASY MISSES!

xxx

How time flies, it's already the end of week 1!

I've remembered to take it easy after my painful night a couple of days ago and been feeling much better since. It's important to remember you had surgery :)

Like they tell you, it was not pain free. It wasn't as painful as I thought it would be either. But it really does get better every day. I couldn't lift up the cats a couple of days ago or pick something up from the floor but I can today. It's easier to get in and out of bed and I stopped sleeping in a semi sitting position a couple of nights ago, I sleep mostly on my back and I could even sleep on my right side for a couple of hours last night. Still can't sleep on my left side yet.

3 small incisions are healed very well. 2 bigger ones are still sore but not pulling/tugging as much. One of them is raised though, I have a feeling that will scar more than the other but I couldn't care less.

I am feeling hungry but still can't have more than half a mug of soup at a time and I find it frustrating that I can't have more. I'm sure this is head hunger and I'll need to learn to deal with this.

I didn't dare weigh myself this weekend. I still feel very bloated and I would be very disappointed if I didn't lose anything so I'll leave it til next saturday.

Bored being at home already but I still have another day off, going back to work on Tuesday. I'm slightly worried about driving, I hope it'll be fine.

Funny how big and life changing this operation was for me and although it's just been 1 week, I'm pretty much back to normal.

No regrets whatsoever... none at all :) xxx

Back