• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tummy Tuck and Lipo Booked - Advice Needed

Cat Lover Sue

Sue you look amazing if I get the ok from the consultant & the funding your results & trouble free recovery are a guiding light for the pros list. As I make my pros & cons to help me decide should things work out if I'm actually brave enough to go ahead.
Thank you so much.

Aw thanks Penelope. I won't say its all been plain sailing but really its been nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be.

Cat Lover Sue

Sue that is looking amazing. Thanks for all the info - it is great to hear someone's experience.

This weather is amazing isn't it. Hope it continues. We are hoping to be up north (Poolewe then Dornoch sometime between 30 July and 11th August).

Crackers x

Hi Crackers - the weather really is something else - although I'm still wishing for a couple of degrees less at night! Poolewe will be gorgeous if the weather holds. Haven't been there for a while myself. Last time was about 18 months ago with work. My personal fave round that way is Sheildaig. Applecross for lunch is a good one as well, although it will be mega busy at the mo.

I see you've got an idea of when you should be getting your TT. Whereabouts you having it?

penelope1008

Sue. Thank you. Your honesty along with that of others post tt are inspiring, educational & realistic. You & they have given me a better idea of what to expect both good & bad. Stops some of the unrealistic dreams pulling

Cat Lover Sue

Hi Everyone - just checking in for my weekly update. Not much to report really, scars still look about the same under the tape although I would say the swelling is very slightly reduced, yay! :) I have been able to lay on my side for short periods of time in bed - I had lipo on either side of my flanks (!!) so quite sensitive there although the bruising is nearly gone. Mr Stewart did say though that the bruising could be around for about 6 months with the lipo, so it may come back I guess.

Did more exercise this week. Hoovered downstairs on Monday and did I know about it! I felt every back and forward motion and by the end I was nearly crying with the exertion. I have also had a couple of walks down to the High Street and back this week - about a 2.5 mile round trip. It took me an extra 20 minutes each time and I was knackered afterwards on both days I did this. Just goes to show how much something like this affects you and I'm reasonably healthy and fit. No dizzy spells though so all good, although blood pressure still low compared to what it was pre-op.

Weight holding steady which I'm pleased about, but ... drum-roll please ... I have size 10 jeans!!!! Penelope - remember you said this to me earlier in the thread! When I went to Inverness last Saturday I got some crop jeans from Dorothy Perkins and a pair from Next as well. OK so they might be a more generous cut but who cares, a 10s a 10!! :) :)

I am now wearing my jeans more around the house - still getting by with my 12s and a belt at the moment but can't wear them all day as they start to press on my sides and front scar.

All in all a happy bunny still - oh and the weather is finally moving down a couple of degrees too! :) All good in the Highlands. Hope everyone else is ok? Been a wee bit quiet on the boards of late. Happy weekend everyone :)

penelope1008

Dare I say told you so! So glad I was right & it was a positive reason. Well done Hun. Keep up the good work just don't over do things to much, take care to rest & heal before you go to mad.

Crackers169

Hi Sue
I am enjoying your updates, it is so helpful to have an insight. I have discovered this week that the op is to be done at the Murrayfield, but wont know the date until next week. Might still be within August though. (Fingers crossed as I have just started childminding and September would be a nightmare for everybody). As it is I am still a wee bit worried about how much time off I will need.

Hopefully heading to Poolewe on Tuesday. Just need to completely tidy the house and pack the camper van!!

Please don't do too much. So pleased to hear about your jeans. xx

Cat Lover Sue

Hi Crackers - glad you'll be at the Murrayfield - its fab and the staff are brilliant. Watch out for the wake-up call from the Monkeys though each morning!!! (Peeps - I haven't lost it - its next door to Edinburgh Zoo!).

Do you know who is doing the op?

Cat Lover Sue

Hi Folks - just checking in for a quick update. I wouldn't really say any progress has been made this week but a couple of observations. The skin around my incision is now getting really irritated in places so for a couple of days I have left off the micropore tape completely and dabbed the affected areas with some Savlon cream. I've taken care not to get it into the incision line as much as I possibly can. It seems to be helping but I think my skin is trying to tell me its had enough! The worst place is just wear my jeans do up, and although the jeans are not directly next to my skin as I am wearing a thin vest top to stop this, I think its the pressure from the zip and top button. So I'm trying to minimise the days wearing jeans and slobbing round the house in my yoga-type leggings which are nice and loose.

Other observation is how much you use your core without realising! Last night we went to do the big shop and I had to move the trolley out of the way of this daftie who had come to an abrupt stop in front of the carrots! I then had to sort of do a sideways move with the trolley - wow - did I feel that in my middle! If I'd have realised how much it was going to nip, I would have just run into her ankles instead LOL :)

Anyway - short and sweet really from me. Going to focus on getting the redness reduced this next week - can't believe it will be 6 weeks next Thursday since I had the op. Time flies when you're in pain, eh! :eek: Oh and did I mention the scales showed another 1lb off this morning..... :D

Crackers169

Hi Sue, I heard yesterday that my op will be 4th September. It's not great timing but could be worse!! Only 32 sleeps!

We have had a lovely few days in Poolewe, now in Ullapool en route to Dornoch till Wednesday.

Good luck with the redness.

Crackers x

Cat Lover Sue

Ooh Crackers - not long to go at all. 32 Sleeps made me laugh :)
Enjoy the rest of your hols. Hope the weather picks up a bit - Embo beach is cracking any time of year though.

Do you know who will be doing your op yet?

Crackers169

Hi! Yes it's Patrick Addison. I met him at my outpatients appointment so I am pleased it will be him. I was just hoping for August as it would be easier for my childminding. However we can work round it and I am just hoping I recover quickly. :)

Cat Lover Sue

Just conscious not been on here to update but you know...life...

All is good. Been back exercising now for over 2 weeks now and not had any problems. Just easing myself back into it and listening to my body if I feel I'm overdoing it.

Swelling is still there but much improved and movement is pretty much back to normal. I just get "caught out" every now and again, for example, if I turn over quickly in bed and then I really feel a quick, sharp pain.

All in all I am very happy with my results. Scar is still quite red but its not thickening up at all yet so fingers crossed on that. Still wearing a thin vest top as protection on the scar, especially when I'm wearing jeans as I find the denim material being that bit thicker rubs a little on the scar and it can get a bit uncomfortable. But no biggy.

Hope everyone is ok. :)

suzisunshine

Massive Thank You

Thank your so so much for your in depth info on your FDL TT journey..
Im going in for the same op this Wednesday (11/09/13)..
Know its going to be painful and as they say no pain no gain! just gotta get rid of this unsightly saggy baggy redundant skin..
Had RNY bypass in 2005 paid private and have been very lucky to get NHS funding for FDL TT as have been having dreadful Intertrigo in my creases and boy oh boy has it been sore.
Cant wait to NOT have to wear a gents 100% white cotton hankie under my tummy, this was a tip by my GP and has really helped with the Intertrigo Ouchh..

Any advice would be gratefully received..

Excited Excited Excited - will keep you all posted on my journey..

Cat Lover Sue

Thank your so so much for your in depth info on your FDL TT journey..
Im going in for the same op this Wednesday (11/09/13)..
Know its going to be painful and as they say no pain no gain! just gotta get rid of this unsightly saggy baggy redundant skin..
Had RNY bypass in 2005 paid private and have been very lucky to get NHS funding for FDL TT as have been having dreadful Intertrigo in my creases and boy oh boy has it been sore.
Cant wait to NOT have to wear a gents 100% white cotton hankie under my tummy, this was a tip by my GP and has really helped with the Intertrigo Ouchh..

Any advice would be gratefully received..

Excited Excited Excited - will keep you all posted on my journey..

Hi Suzi - sorry only just seen your post so fingers crossed by now you'll have had your op. Really hope all went well and you are propped up in bed somewhere with your drains in, thinking to yourself "Yeeeeeesssssssss - I did it!!!" :D

Keep us posted as and when you can :)

xhalleex

Hi everyone! Just found this app and have laughed a few times reading some of the comments! From Scotland too (Aberdeen) and also chose to travel to Edinburgh for spires with Ken Stewart- hoping I made a good choice! Hope some of you are still on here and advice very much appreciated as so so so nervous!! Got my first consultation on the 8th October so hoping may get done this year!? X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

gillianr2

Hi everyone! Just found this app and have laughed a few times reading some of the comments! From Scotland too (Aberdeen) and also chose to travel to Edinburgh for spires with Ken Stewart- hoping I made a good choice! Hope some of you are still on here and advice very much appreciated as so so so nervous!! Got my first consultation on the 8th October so hoping may get done this year!? X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

How did it go?