• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my tummy tuck diary

Well what a weekend! Felt really well yesterday so went for a walk with my mam but had strict instructions to ring my other half if I felt in anyway tired or unwell as he would come get me in the car. I felt totally fine tho enjoyed my walk however I did then spend the rest of the afternoon asleep on the couch lol. So I went for my usual shower was laid on my bed cleaning my wounds and re dressing etc put my corset on then suddenly felt a warm feeling. Looked down and wot can only be discribed as blood mixed with puss was leaking from my wound down my legs and all over the carpet! To put it politely I nearly crapped myself. So rang the hospital and they asked me to go through so I did the nurse basically squeezed all the horrible stuff out and redress my wound. She rang the on call doctor who was happy for me to go jome but wanted me to return the next day to see a doctor. So I came home and spent the night trying to sleep but feeling rather sickly and still leaking a bit. I went back to hospital this morning saw a doctor and he said this is apparently quite common and not to be worried. He did give me a name for it but can't think at the moment lol. So im to stay on my anti biotics and just keep the wound clean and redress it regularly with iodine. I have to return to the hospital on Thursday now. What a carry on lol. The doctor also said iys good that the fluid came away it's self as usually they have to use a needle to draw it out so I'm pleased to coz that doesn't sound nice. Hope everyone is well xx

OOh HECK pleased you got it sorted sounds quite common actually a lady I spoke to recently said the same happened to her so take care and watch it closely xxx

hi hope
that must have been so scary for you. your doctor is right this is something rather common as your normal drainage system is severely compromised following a TT there may form a collection of fluid, it's called a seroma or hematoma if collection of blood. it's a great sign that your body is finding its own way of resolving it rather than needing aspiration. I sprung a leak after 2 weeks when sitting on the sofa and massaging my tum it just exploded out roughly 300-400 mls which massively freaked out my kids! this volume of leakage continued for a further 2 weeks before settling. it's good that you got antibiotics as you now have a hole effectively into your body so can develop into an infection. x

Omg! Glad all is if not well better than it was at least the hospital were able to treat it & reassure you. Take care keep taking the tablets & taking it easy. Hope it settles quickly.

Thanks ladies for the kind words and support. Yes it's a seroma I have been reading up on it and doesn't sound to serious aslong as it's sorted so il be keeping an eye on it. Yeah it was rather scary just looking down to see a lot of blood gussing out that wouldn't stop and it was coming from under the steri strip tape over my wound so I couldn't actually see how big the hole was i was worried it was big with the amount of fluid but it's not big at all infact it's closed over already. Can't believe how much less pressure and more movement I have now the fluid is out :)
Piglet ur kids must have had a bit of a shock. My step son had to come to hospital with me last night and was there when the nurse was squeezing he covered his eyes the whole time lol.
I'm pleased I'm on anti biotics, I was actually shocked when I wasn't given any after my op I thought it was procedure to have them no matter what x

Just pleased you and they are on the ball with everything, little hiccups a long the way will be worth it with that new flat tummy when the swelling finally abides for good. Pleased it has eased your movements now it has been released xx

Hi! Glad you are feeling ok after that, doesn't sound nice. I have been warned these things might happen, but i am not sure what to look out for.

I hope you manage to rest up today and continue to make a good recovery.

X

Hi! Glad you are feeling ok after that, doesn't sound nice. I have been warned these things might happen, but i am not sure what to look out for.

I hope you manage to rest up today and continue to make a good recovery.

X

To be honest I couldn't tell u what to look out for as I felt great Saturday, when I went to hospital friday the nurse did say that she thought that side looked more raised but to be honest I couldn't see it. The only thing I had was the night when I wasn't well there was a lot of pressure down wards on the wound so I'm guessing that could be something that was a sign.
I have spent the morning chilling on the sofa going for a walk this afternoon then rest again x

Well I'm feeling a lot better still the odd pain and feeling tired a lot. No more leaking but I'm very swollen look pregnant lol. Back to hospital tomorrow to dressing clinic for doc to check me over x
I will up load a pic but I'm very swollen in it. Sorry there the wrong way up there not on my phone just decided to go upside down on here lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130911_123119.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130911_123119.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 232
  • ForumRunner_20130911_123141.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130911_123141.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 210
Well Hope as long as you are happy that is all that matters. You have finally cracked it and once this is sorted and all the swelling has gone you will look back and think how pleased I am that I did that. WELL DONE!!! Braver than me. Coward that I am haha. xx I am always going to have this beautiful curvaliscious body. xxx

Great pic so glad your feeling better you look amazing now let alone once the swelling goes down. You fill me with hope should my funding come through of what can be done for us post surgery. A bit drastic for some for others a dream, for a few the answer to heart felt prayers.
Stay well & a smooth recovery from here on out.

Hi, Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. I went back to hospital yesterday and I'm all good :) no signs of infection or seroma refilling. I have to go back next friday just to check me over again then hopefully that will be the end of the dressing clinic for me x
I will put some more pics on when I get chance its healing up really well :)

Hi all!
Well things are good I have hardly used any pain killers the past few days just a couple of paracetamol on a night before bed. It's 3 weeks today since my op so I'm now allowed to drive again :) I have an appointment via phone with occupational health on Thursday as I think work are wanting to get me back. Its a tricky one tho as my job can be challenging so not sure when it will be safe to go back as I don't want to risk a set back. Plus I'm still pretty swollen so they will have to wait till I'm ready x

Looking great Hun. Take things carefully don't pus yourself to hard a phased return may be better, a couple of mornings building to a week of morning then stay til after lunch then the odd full day building to being back properly as you are ready.

Back