• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

uv got such a pretty face !!!!!!!!!!

Chick1981

bring on the new me :)
hiya just a question? i wanted 2 know how many of my wls friends still get told or have bin told the saying (uv got such a pretty face) as if there saying shame ur fat? people always say this 2 me and i find it quite patronising :( xxx

cherry

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if i had a pound for every time someone said that to me id be a millionaire,, i also get ' if you lost weight kel you d be perfect' grrrrrr x

Chick1981

its soooooooooo annoying like cuz we r overweight we cant b sexy aswell lol xxx

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
I always used to get it, I always wanted to say in return "yes I get it, its a shame about the body!!!".
I dont get it any more though, the most I hear about my face is how much younger it looks and what a lovely shape it is, but I dont get the "you have a pretty face" comments any more.
Steph xx

Bev

Awww Angel... I've been told that all of my life... and people tend to look at my face and not my body... it's always been that way...

Having had a lifetime of being heavier than I am at present... I have never been able to control my weight.... but I have always taken care of my skin, hair, teeth and nails. Strange.

Plus I go to great lengths to get my makeup right... in someways as a compensation for the rest of me being honest.

I wait for people to say what you are saying here... and sometimes you just know people are feeling for us with our weight issues, so they try and make us feel better...

Charm... our day is coming... we'll very soon have a lot less weight and we can still do what we can for ourselves so let's go for it.

Please don't feel on your own with this one Angel... it's happened more times that I can say in my lifetime. I've even been told many times...'nice face' shame about the rest of you...

It hurts... but I've got hardened over the years... even being asked if I'm pregnant... post hysterectomy...

So let's stand together, hang onto each other and hang onto our positive post oppers and everyone on here!

Love you all xxx

Chick1981

im the same i always make sure i have my make up n nails done, i think i do it 2 take the focus of my weight xxxxxxxxxx

Linski

hiya just a question? i wanted 2 know how many of my wls friends still get told or have bin told the saying (uv got such a pretty face) as if there saying shame ur fat? people always say this 2 me and i find it quite patronising :( xxx

All the time mate, usually by thin people which makes me mad as they really have no idea do they?

Linski xx

Chuffy_29

THE most awful for me was one time, when i was about 14 i guess, one of the boys said " if you were thin you'd be the most popular girl with the boys". Pi**es me off more now than then as i was a bit naive...wha he actually meant was great personality, nice face shame about the body! Hopefully once i'm done they'll all regret that (i'll be searching for the boys on facebook :))

Chick1981

haha i love it chuffy he wont know wots hit him if u do find him xxxxxxx

sweetquietjox

Yes Yes Yes, dont they know how much that hurt, my face is pretty but we know what ur thinking about the rest of our body,they need to think before they speak xwe will show them wont we guys x

Laura b

2011 a new begginning
Omg chick I get this all the time, ok it's lovely to hear but like u say it makes u feel o ok u like my face but not the rest of me!! Iv even had a random stranger come up to me in the street and say darling uv got the most beautiful face iv ever seen if u lost ur weight uld b a darling !! I don't know if to take it as a compliment or not lol!
I carnt wait till in thin and get chatted up by someone I know wouldn't of looked at me twice b4 u know wat I'm gonna do I'm gonna tell them to do one!! U should like a person for them not the way they look obviously if u don't find someone attractive one bit then it's a bit hard to get to know them but it's the comments u hear like I really like her but u know me I just don't go for big girls!!! Iv heard that b4 I'm like don't flatter urself hunny I'm to good for u anyway!!!
But it deffo get irritating xx

Grace

Yes been told this more times than I care to remember.....but it's true, I do have a pretty face LOL.
No to be honest, other people's comments have tended to just roll right off me for years. I KNOW I'm fat. I don't need anyone to point it out.
But someone likened me to Bessy Bunter last year; I've got to admit that hurt, not that the person who said it meant to hurt me.

Now I just get, "Wow you look so amazing!" or "you can really see it in your face!"
which means, yes you've lost weight but you've still got a ways to go!

I don't mind. I'm not doing this for anyone else, I'm doing it for me!

We'll all get there with the right amount of determination!

Grace xxx

Laura b

2011 a new begginning
Chick1981 said:
im the same i always make sure i have my make up n nails done, i think i do it 2 take the focus of my weight xxxxxxxxxx

I do this too never without makeup, nails, hair done, and tan ( although throughout the winter don't fuss to much about a tan) but it's cus I want to hide my size but no chance really!! X

Bev

Awww Grace... I've had the names too... if not Bessie Bunter... it's Big Bertha... particularly with my name beginning with a 'B'... I have been known to many as 'Big Bev'....

It does hurt doesn't it... I felt wounded quite a few times ... xxx

ladylite

Typical British can't take a compliment..... LOL:D

Have you ever thought that they might mean it and what a lovely compliment to have. :cool:

I used to get it and I still do even though I have lost the weight and I am a wrinkled pensioner but just lap it up, waiting for the time when they start to say I have a lot of character in my face (lines).:eek:

So come on girls enjoy, better than to call you a fat cow.

Big an Bouncy

I think most people having a rounder face are the image of baby faces.scientists have confirmed that fuller faces are attractive to the human eye.I am quilty of saying that but not thinking about the body side of things just that they are attractive ie Dawn French,Fern Britton,Alison Hammond our Bev,Roch,Kelly and many more.I even think Im not bad for my age and worry that if I lose too much my face will alter so much I wont like it anymore!Maz x

ladylite

I think most people having a rounder face are the image of baby faces.scientists have confirmed that fuller faces are attractive to the human eye.I am quilty of saying that but not thinking about the body side of things just that they are attractive ie Dawn French,Fern Britton,Alison Hammond our Bev,Roch,Kelly and many more.I even think Im not bad for my age and worry that if I lose too much my face will alter so much I wont like it anymore!Maz x

Maz you will always be beautiful to us.xxx

phatmomma

Typical British can't take a compliment..... LOL:D

Have you ever thought that they might mean it and what a lovely compliment to have. :cool:

I used to get it and I still do even though I have lost the weight and I am a wrinkled pensioner but just lap it up, waiting for the time when they start to say I have a lot of character in my face (lines).:eek:

So come on girls enjoy, better than to call you a fat cow.

Mary you are right they do mean it as a compliment! They are picking the only good thing they can see about a fat person and complimenting them on it. They don't say 'your hair looks fab', it's always ''you've got such a pretty face'', shame your arse is so big!.........

cherry

do you know what, i hope i dont sound big headed here, but im petrified ill look ugly or worser! when ive lost my weight, someone actually said to me, do you think you ll look less pretty with your weight off tho kel?.. :(

Bev

Haha... Mary... as I've got older... I've got 'rhino hide' for sure... and that's the best way to be in this world... can't pander to sensitivities... but when I was younger it hurt...

But as I've got older... it really has eased and I don't feel or react inside like I did... so there's another plus side to getting older... but who want's to take any notice of ignorant people...

give them a wide berth and smack your hips into them as you walk past...

but don't ever let the b.......'s wear you down....

Just wait... we'll all very soon have figures just like Mary & Steph!
Now how good is that...

p.s. Maz... I've not seen your pic I don't think Angel.

Love and hugs xxx