• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

uv got such a pretty face !!!!!!!!!!

LoooooooooooooooooL Oh why do people say that.........i would be a millionaire lol............Im one of 7 girls and none of them with a weight problem. That phrase has followed me throughout my life................your the prettiest of them all.............but...........lol not i have ever agreed with them xxxx

Im with Mary,I dont think its meant the way you take it.I think a lot of us have our backs up before anyone can finish their sentence! To be honest no one has ever called me fat anything!Im a nice person and that is what people see first.Maz x

OHHH yesss...... I've been hearing this from whne i was 10 year old andmost of the people were relatives. i used to be so sad. some of them used to tell me directly that if only i were slim, i would look very good. even when i am wearing traditional dresses like sari. It hurts a lottttttttttttttt.

You are right, but sensitivities are there for some people and my advice would be to 'throw your boob over your shoulder and hit them in the face if they meant it... haha'... lol... xxx

Awww Grace... I've had the names too... if not Bessie Bunter... it's Big Bertha... particularly with my name beginning with a 'B'... I have been known to many as 'Big Bev'....

It does hurt doesn't it... I felt wounded quite a few times ... xxx

It did hurt Bev, but probably more because it just came unexpectedly from a friend who to be honest, is known for her tactless comments. I think it was because she saw me with my hair in pigtails! (LOL just re-read that and thought I'd written piglets!)

Typical British can't take a compliment..... LOL:D

Have you ever thought that they might mean it and what a lovely compliment to have. :cool:

I used to get it and I still do even though I have lost the weight and I am a wrinkled pensioner but just lap it up, waiting for the time when they start to say I have a lot of character in my face (lines).:eek:

So come on girls enjoy, better than to call you a fat cow.

I have to say I think I agree with you Mary. I've even been known to say it myself!The thing is, and I'm sorry to say it, but let's face it: being fat isn't very attractive! if it was, we wouldn't all be so desperate to change ourselves, would we?
And if you see an otherwise attractive or beautiful woman whose beauty is spoilt by being overweight, doesn't it make you feel sad?
When I see people who are bigger than me now (which was a rare thing before surgery!) I feel sad and desperately want to go tell them that there IS a solution to their problems!
Of course I don't, because that would be rude. But I felt so very unhappy myself at my fattest and I want to share not only my happiness, but also my secret!

Im not lying you have all got lovely faces!Arms,legs,boobs,bums,bellies,wobbly bits,wrinkly bits,hanging bits even hairy bits!We are all b****y fabulous darling!Magnificent Maz x

cherry said:
do you know what, i hope i dont sound big headed here, but im petrified ill look ugly or worser! when ive lost my weight, someone actually said to me, do you think you ll look less pretty with your weight off tho kel?.. :(

Someone said that to me to Kel, I was like wat u on about I'm gonna look fab lol x

I couldn't agree more... I've found some of the biggest hearts that I've ever known on this forum and such an understanding of how we really feel about ourselves... xxx

I have never had any one say that too me , well not too my face anyroad.......and tbh if they did it wouldnt bother me , because only wot I think of myself counts. xx

like my new slimmer face and am hoping that at some point I will develop cheek-bones!

I have to say I think I agree with you Mary. I've even been known to say it myself!The thing is, and I'm sorry to say it, but let's face it: being fat isn't very attractive! if it was, we wouldn't all be so desperate to change ourselves, would we?
And if you see an otherwise attractive or beautiful woman whose beauty is spoilt by being overweight, doesn't it make you feel sad?
When I see people who are bigger than me now (which was a rare thing before surgery!) I feel sad and desperately want to go tell them that there IS a solution to their problems!
Of course I don't, because that would be rude. But I felt so very unhappy myself at my fattest and I want to share not only my happiness, but also my secret![/QUOTE]

I think i want to disagree with that comment Grace. I personally look at myself, especially when i was 4 stone heavier and didn't think i looked attractive or didn't feel attractive. However, i have been on big girls nights out and seen some of the most beautiful women ever, the total package was beautiful (please note i am a very happily married woman to my Trev (who is a bloke) lol). At these do's there are men there who would look at a thin woman, lets use Steph or Mary as examples again and would think ''you've got a really pretty face''... shame you're not a bit plumper! Our society says that size 10 is beautiful, smaller than that even better! I'm sorry in that i don't agree with our society. Beauty is not in a clothes size or a number on a set of scales, it comes from within and in size 8 to 38...

Just for one night... I'm going to put my pic on and put Santa back in his sleigh... going to do it now... it's nice for us to see each other sometimes... makes us feel closer Angels xxx

Of course I don't, because that would be rude. But I felt so very unhappy myself at my fattest and I want to share not only my happiness, but also my secret!

I think i want to disagree with that comment Grace. I personally look at myself, especially when i was 4 stone heavier and didn't think i looked attractive or didn't feel attractive. However, i have been on big girls nights out and seen some of the most beautiful women ever, the total package was beautiful (please note i am a very happily married woman to my Trev (who is a bloke) lol). At these do's there are men there who would look at a thin woman, lets use Steph or Mary as examples again and would think ''you've got a really pretty face''... shame you're not a bit plumper! Our society says that size 10 is beautiful, smaller than that even better! I'm sorry in that i don't agree with our society. Beauty is not in a clothes size or a number on a set of scales, it comes from within and in size 8 to 38...[/QUOTE]

Good point Julie!
I'm very influenced by modern Western ideas of beauty: so were my parents, who constantly went on and on about weight issues. That's probably at least in part where my feelings have come from. Sorry if I offended anyone. I personally hate my fat and it influences how I think. :confused:
My husband thinks I'm gorgeous and always has, even when I've been at my biggest. I can't say I understand him.
I do know some big women who are very beautiful - they also tend to be very confident people.

I am a great believer in believing what people say. Everyone is innocent until they are found guilty. (Mind you if they are found guilty - they are beheaded:eek:)

I have some really lovely friends whom all used to tell me "your not fat" when I was nearly 18 stone. They didnt see me as I did, they just saw the person and not the blob. I always saw the blob and not the person. We tend to focus on being fat and not allow compliments to be accepted.

There are still a lot of things I dont like about my new body, but I dont study them, I try to study the good things about the new me and ignore the bad bits a I cannot change them........ you know loose skin, boobs on knees etc. :eek: I suppose I have taught me eyes to airbrush....... :cool:

I'm not even thinking that I'll have a perfect body... I'm far from perfect and have no 'Great Expectations' apart from being well below my current weight and able to breathe when I bend and to do basic things that are inhibited right now... so perfections not the issue but wellbeing for me... p.s. there are some very pretty faces on this forum... and my hubby keeps saying to me... why are you always reaching for the computer... and I say to him 'because I've found some truly beautiful friends'! That's you all!
xxx

Haha... Maz... it's a one off... I take no end of photo's honestly before they pass and get on here... it's only on til tomorrow and then Santa's back... just now and again... it's nice for others to see who I am so they can talk to me...

Love and hugs Angel and thank you xxx

Awww bev ur such a sweetie if there was an award for the most sweetest person on earth I think u would win, whenever u comment on ppls threads ur always so caring and lovely, infact everyone on here is but ur messages really cheer me up xxx

Back