• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

RNY Gastric Bypass weight gain after two years

akira808se

Hi folks,
i have been post op for 3 years now. After my second year I have noticed weight gain. After my second year of post op
I kind of slipped taking my multi vitamins and protein intake as well as iron pills. Gaining approximately 25 pounds in the
past year. Please remind me what am I doing wrong and what must I do to reduce this weight from creeping back up.
Protein intake and what vitamins are you folks intaking for those who have been post op for 2 plus years that maintained
to keep weight down. I would greatly appreciate all and any comments.

Yvessa

I think you have already identified your issues. It is easy to get complacent. Try to think about the things you used to do to lose the weight in the first place. What habits did you have that you know longer follow. When you've identified them then you need to start bringing them back.

akira808se

I think you have already identified your issues. It is easy to get complacent. Try to think about the things you used to do to lose the weight in the first place. What habits did you have that you know longer follow. When you've identified them then you need to start bringing them back.
Thanks :) it's always nice to hear someone else to hear you out.

mr97

Just to echo what Yvessa suggested; keep in touch! I'm only a 1 year post op and I'm finding maintaining my weight is like 'rocket science'. Being a well-seasoned expert at loosing/gaining, the elusive ‘weight maintenance’ part is frightening and quite alien to me. I find it hard and paid the price at times with some episodes of mad binges as trying to eat more food always seems like tempting fate with me. Plus I really miss losing weight and the sence of reward that gave me, even though this process had to come to an end at some point!
I haven't regained any weight, but I know I can put back on all the weight I lost, in the blinking of an eye and this frightens me. I have always known WLS is not a cure but only a tool and if I revert to my old ways, at best, my wls will only serve to slow the rate I regain weight not prevent it!
I don’t know about you guys but I feel I need more help now than I did pre and post op - now my weight loss has stabilised and the excitement of wls and 'loosing' has become the norm.

PS I find those workout dvds great! I love to swap n change my workout routines and find a new exercise dvd quite motivational and helpful. It’s like having a personal trainer on tap. lol

LeahMellyMoo

Hi akira. How you getting on with losing some weight? I'm 12 years post op and had so many problems keeping the weight off. Old habits are impossible to break. I had a baby 10 months ago and ended up nearly 16 stone again. My lowest was 12 stone. I've made a vow to myself to finally get to my 11 stone target and lost 7lbs this month.

I'm sticking to 1200 cals a day. 3 meals and 3 snacks. Low carb and high protein. I've started exercising 3-4 times a week and feeling to much better. Just go back to basics and good luck