• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What do you drink on a night out??

kellsbells

I all I know we're told to reduce drinking etc but I will be having my first night out in 2 weeks with hubs for his birthday I normally drink whiskey and diet coke but now that I can't have the coke I'm looking for a new drink I know I can drink wine by can be higher in cals ( I'm aware of the
Empty cals in alcohol) so what do you have when your on a night out?? Thanks Kel xxxx

I've stopped drinking alcohol completely since having my band fitted, on the two occasions I've been out since, once was for a family meal to TGIs etc so had slush/smoothie, and on a normal night out have just had fruit juice, water or squash.

I usualy have wine, or a gin and slim line - lots of ice and a stirrer to get rid of the bubbles.

I would double check with your provider what they advise.

I hope you both have a nice night, with or without the alcohol xx

Rose wine , gin & orange or voddie and orange. ( not all in same glass) ha ha xx

Ah thanks girls I do drink rosé but they charge up to £3.50 a glass some places it's disgusting you can get a bottle for £5 + ah well rose is my new playmate lol xxx

Your profile says you are still pre-op, so unless you are within 2 weeks of surgery and on the pre-op diet I am not sure why you are asking? It is difficult to give advice unless anyone knows where you are in the process?

I was told I would only need two glasses as I will get drunk very quick, so £7 is a cheap night lol xx

Lush121 said:
Your profile says you are still pre-op, so unless you are within 2 weeks of surgery and on the pre-op diet I am not sure why you are asking? It is difficult to give advice unless anyone knows where you are in the process?

Just havnt been in the laptop to change it almost 11 says post op I wouldn't have asked otherwise in not goin to pay £5000 then take the mick £5000 is such a large amount to me but I still have to live my life x

I had tia maria and orange pre op but can still have it as its non fizzy and a low alchohol drink. I would then move onto orange juice, or squash. Still 9/10 times i dont drink alcohol i used to have coke, but instead i now have orange juice as i have meetings and book club both in pubs.

mummykcb said:
I had tia maria and orange pre op but can still have it as its non fizzy and a low alchohol drink. I would then move onto orange juice, or squash. Still 9/10 times i dont drink alcohol i used to have coke, but instead i now have orange juice as i have meetings and book club both in pubs.

Thanks hun xx

I was told not to drink alcohol or a year post op....so I drink water, I'm a cheap date these days!

I was told I would only need two glasses as I will get drunk very quick, so £7 is a cheap night lol xx

I thought it was only bypassers that processed alcohol differently after surgery. I have never heard of the gastric band affecting alcohol absorbtion before. Or did they mean that because you are eating so much less with the band, that the alcohol would go to your head quicker?? I didnt think a gastric band could affect your metabolism... Bit confused now lol..

Just havnt been in the laptop to change it almost 11 says post op I wouldn't have asked otherwise in not goin to pay £5000 then take the mick £5000 is such a large amount to me but I still have to live my life x

OK, well I guess it depends what you had and when you had it. Your profile says you were planning a band on 7th October - if that is what you had then I would personally wait a little longer before trying alcohol out, but you could probably drink a small amount. If you had something more invasive such as a sleeve or bypass then I would wait until I had at least had a post-op appointment at about 8 weeks and a chance to discuss the issue with the surgeon.

I've got a band and have got plastered on ONE (yes really!) tiny sip of Bucks Fizz. Am now the ultimate cheap date, and the designated driver :eek:

I'm 4 weeks post op and still look forward to my little drink on a Saturday night, a do count the calories tho, still the same situation tho a don't get anymore tipsy now I've had the band than before probably just the same :) xx

I thought it was only bypassers that processed alcohol differently after surgery. I have never heard of the gastric band affecting alcohol absorbtion before. Or did they mean that because you are eating so much less with the band, that the alcohol would go to your head quicker?? I didnt think a gastric band could affect your metabolism... Bit confused now lol..

I think it's the fact we eat less ? Didn't really go into this to much at my dietitian appointment ... I just asked if I have a wine at Christmas would hat be okay and she said you will get drunk a lot quicker but never said why?? I have not drunk alcohol for 8 years, not really fussed on it, but you never know! Xx

Maybe someone in the know will put us straight lol xx

I'm pretty sure its just because we eat a lot less. Same when you try out some new faddy diet (I'm pretty sure all of us will have tried at least 1 of those in our time) lol. you get tipsy quicker.

I used to love my wine but since my band I just don't really fancy much alcohol anymore. If I do its 1 glass of wine and I'm giddy. I am def a cheap date these days! x

Back