• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

who kept there op a secret or did you tell ? x

Ive told quite a few people still some to tell close friends and family are supportive but to say they are worried would be an understatement. Have had to tell work cause i manage a childrens home so need someone to coveer my shifts while i'm off. Still to tell the young people i work with not sure how to do that yet but will wait till days before. They need to know they can trust me with something as important as this xx

Have told my family, friends and clients (I'm a beauty/holistic therapist) and they have all been wonderful. I've been inundated with flowers, soup!! and cards. They have all been really interested in the whole process and more often than not say "it's not the easy route we thought it might be". However it is a very personal thing and you have to do what is right for you.

I told everyone and their dogs, most people have been great. I just though that, people would judge me regardless of loseing or gaining weight. I have had a lot of people judge me over the years because of the weight I have gained. As I become slimmer I will enjoy the look on these peoples facees. :)

I told everyone. Did'nt want to slip up after I'd had my op so thought it best to come clean. Plus I'm proud I took this step to help aid my weight loss. I know I could'nt do it without my band so I'm happy for people to know.

I never told anyone apart from my hubby ( kids r too young ) and still haven`t to this day. Don`t think I ever will. Just because I think people see it as cheating and the weight just slips off all by itself, no diet or exercise needed, which obviously we know different lol.

Interesting post. Thanks for the thread ..

I told 2 people (hubbie and one sister) and if I could have kept it just to myself I would have done...... I can't imagine wanting other people to know and so fascinated how differently we all have handled this issue. I was even worried about the healthcare provider leaving my notes around or having my name in their database!

Only my husband at the start. Told my mum 1 week before surgery. My sister about 4 months ago and my brother last week. Why, wasn't sure on their reactions I guess. I did feel guilty when telling them how I was losing weight, when they asked but I didn't lie, just left out that I had a tool to help me. But its all out in the open now with family. Nobody at work or friends know and thats how I intend to keep it now

I have told my oh, and kids, and a 3 chosen friends and thats it (e1 on minimins knows of course ;-)) . I do not know If I anticipate telling anyone else, atm nothing is certain wls wise, so I plan to keep stchum until I know 100% if I am even going to get the surgery, and then I am not 100% sure if I am going to tell anyone else.

All the best -MeJulie xx

At first just my hubby, my son & daughter & my mum, later down the line I have now told my brother and a few people who had noticed i lost weight, It just depends on who the person is weather i tell the truth or not.

I have told my hubby daughter son and best friend, but wont tell others till well after if at all as I agree with the others, people either judge or criticise and I think it will be hard enough without that.
But as fatbutnot4eva says it is personal choice.

Jay xx

I used to think I would keep my surgery a top secret but now I've caught myself telling all and saundry. I'm a little annoyed with myself though but I suppose it's better for people to know the reason for what I hope will be a dramatic weight loss.

i have told everyone im a usless lier and decided that to be honest from when i was first told that i was to have surgery. I havent come accross any negativity in fact everyone has been so supportive and knowing that people know has helped in my race against head Vs body, because people havent been afraid to pass comment on my weight loss. On friend did say that if she hadnt of known she would of thought i had cancer like my mum did because of the sudden weight loss.
its very much a personal choice but mine was the right one for me.

im wondering if to tell all my family and friends or just keep it that me and hubbie know
who did you all tell?
thanks vicky x:D

The only people that know are my parents, brother, sister, my hubby and my best friend.

I havn't told my inlaws or anyone else because I dont think its any of their business, if I told my sister in-law the town and country would know about it

i have told everyone im a usless lier and decided that to be honest from when i was first told that i was to have surgery. I havent come accross any negativity in fact everyone has been so supportive and knowing that people know has helped in my race against head Vs body, because people havent been afraid to pass comment on my weight loss. On friend did say that if she hadnt of known she would of thought i had cancer like my mum did because of the sudden weight loss.
its very much a personal choice but mine was the right one for me.
im the same as hopelesscase a bad lier and i was proud that i had made a great choice for my future. If they did not like it TUFF its everyones personal choice off who your comfortable telling x x x x

Back