• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lack of support from friends and family

It's always a shame that one can't open his or her private life to everybody. I believe sometimes friends and families do not know the circumstances that made u to take that bold decision.
As for me, I have always loved children and so doing this is hopefully going to enable me to conceive someday. (Thats something other friends and family do not know). Happy I got a supportive husband and my 2 best friends who have always been there. So sometimes if you have just one person who believes in your decision then its good coz it makes you feel loved.
It's a rebirth, so lets enjoy the journey of another chance in life.

@ femfrankie that post made me laugh about the saucy underwear :D I think I will ask my husband about his thoughts on that matter :D

@ femfrankie that post made me laugh about the saucy underwear :D I think I will ask my husband about his thoughts on that matter :D

I was that chuffed after looking in the mirror that morning because I could see the loss on my legs ... No triangular thighs any more! And knees I have knees! I commented wont be long before I get into knee highs :rolleyes:... For the rest of the day he was insufferable and here was me thinking that I was the only one getting excited about a new wardrobe. I just don't think we have the same ideas
:rotflmao:

@Femfrankie Haha, I hope he has been saving his pennies for all these sexy clothes and boots :D before surgery I blitzed my wardrobe barr a few things so I literally have the basics bcoz I was in the mind of if I am doing this I want nice clothes afterwards, clothes that I would never have dreamed that I would get to wear, cant wait for a wassive shopping trip :D Go femfrankie in her knee boots whoop :D

I have to be so strict with myself because I would buy the shop. My hubby doesn't have a big enough wallet! I have none of my old clothes left and my wardrobe looks barren. I have 5 t shirts, i jumper, two pairs of crops and 3 pr leggings there is just no point to buying loads as in about a month I will need to buy the same all over again. It's nice to see the new stuff getting baggy on me though :D. I wish I had a crystal ball though just so I could see what size to buy for October when I go cruising lol. Seen loads of nice stuff in various sales and have restrained myself so far. Soooo exciting!!

@Femfrankie Haha, I hope he has been saving his pennies for all these sexy clothes and boots :D

I won't go in to details as I know this isn't an age-restricted forum ......... but I read one of those words wrong ;)

To get back on topic though. Tonight is the night my middle son comes to tea so I will get all the usual sarky comments about size of my plate and portion and I will carry on a normal and ignore him.... I'm always happy when dinner is over.

I'm out with my parents and my older sister and her partner on the 21st.

I haven't seen my sister since Boxing Day - so before my op - but I already know that she won't say a word to me about it at all.

She might surprise you hun ... I have had a few OMG moments when the most unlikeliest of people have commented on my loss. It's those that are in the know but don't say a word that really get to me. Out for coffee with my two only friends that do know and may I say they were amazed at my success... I haven't seen them since April. :)

Awww I myself have had good support, with my mam it was more fear for me, I haven t had any nasty comments except for my uncle who doesn't have a weight problem saying a week before surgery ' Are u crapping urself for ur op ? " My answer said not really am more worried at the fact am 31 with high blood pressure and diabetes. I think people assume that its the easy option but its not its the last option bcoz we've blumming tried everything else. I only told immediate family and special friends and if anyone said anything awful about it I'd give them a piece of my mind hahaha :D

I kind of know what you mean, my husband now supports me fully but only after I put it on the line for him.

Because I've lost a lot of weight by myself (nearly 6 stone) whilst waiting for the op I'm getting a lot of people say I don't need it now and one person even suggested that I'm depriving someone who may need it more when I can do it by myself.

That person is a numpty.

I lost 10 stone (gained a bit at the mo as band leaking!) and a close friend still hasn't commented on my weight loss! Lol!! It has become a standing joke amongst other friends!!

@joisthinner 10 stone wow welldone, that is amazing if ur friend hasn't noticed he or she must be blind or crazy :D

Thanks! Unfortunately I regained 1 1/2 stone due to leaky band but only 6 weeks till my sleeve and ill be losing again!!! But yes, it's a little bizarre !!!

@joisthinner, that is defo not ur fault though and when I was in getting my bypass there was a lady have her band corrected for a leak, the surgeon took a video and showed her the blue dye squirting out. So everytime she had a fill it just poured out, ur doing brill :D

Great work joisthinner amazing loss. My "in the know" sis in law has never commented on my loss even when we have discussed the surgery openly which in my eyes is the perfect opportunity to throw in a small nod of approval or a well done or your looking good comment ..... Anything would do lol Even if she made a disapproval comment then at least I would know her stance in it all but no i get zilch lol. I am trying hard not to let it get to me but it is starting too. Friends and close family are the ones we look to for support but when it isn't forthcoming it can hurt a lot.... I wish I could explain why your friend is blind to your loss Jo but I can't. Some people are just like that :/

Danielle your uncle is an idiot and should be wholly ignored! Xx

I kind of know what you mean, my husband now supports me fully but only after I put it on the line for him.

Because I've lost a lot of weight by myself (nearly 6 stone) whilst waiting for the op I'm getting a lot of people say I don't need it now and one person even suggested that I'm depriving someone who may need it more when I can do it by myself.

Oh boy does it not rankle you when folks say that... My mum in law said almost the same thing. It took me all my time not to bite my tongue in half I was so annoyed with her. She has seen me yoyo diet since the day I met her but trying to explain to her that its all well and good that I can lose it but time, life & regular steroid courses will see me put it all back on again and it's quite clear from past history that in order to keep the weight off I need help. People need to have walked in my footsteps to know why I need the surgery. X

Back