• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Time for a group hug...

I had to move a couple of hundred miles away and this PCT has a 50 BMI policy but with a couple of bags of stones in my pocket I can do that. Off to see the nurse tomorrow to check still on the NHS diet scheme as they want you to have been on that for 6 months too and then I'll ask my GP to refer me. Fingers crossed this time x

I had to move a couple of hundred miles away and this PCT has a 50 BMI policy but with a couple of bags of stones in my pocket I can do that. Off to see the nurse tomorrow to check still on the NHS diet scheme as they want you to have been on that for 6 months too and then I'll ask my GP to refer me. Fingers crossed this time x
oh good luck suepat :) xxx

suepat10 said:

Good luck :D please stay in touch with us do we know how you are getting on. Really hope you get referred chick :) xxx

Last edited:
Thank you ladies. I'm not sure if I weighed 137 or 147 kgs at hospital today. If 147 I'm over 50. If 137 then it'll be stones and a bit of 'give' in the knees when measured!!

I'm going to hang on to see one GP in particular as I think he would be happy to refer but I shall go armed with all my 'proof'.

Again, thank you. I remember why I like this forum do much x

i must have missed what is going on surely this forum is monitored and people have to behave or am i just wearing rose tinted glasses lol\. well all ive seen and heard is good advice and hopefully made some new friends ,

Yes i think i am bit naive or blind somtimes, its difficult when going to work and just dipping in morning and evening, miss som eof whats gone on but hey, if its more stress, don't need or want it. Sounds like all is under control now well done to all thats been involved and come through with the battle scars to prove it. xx There are lots of lovely people on here who give a alot of good clear advice people don't have to carry it out just read and agree or disagree thats all there is to it. Use what you can and leave what you can't, how simple is that??? xxxx

Well said Fuffs! I'm new here and I'm finding the site so helpful but some nasty comments (not even aimed at me) have put me off in the last few days. Now let's all sing some Brittany spears like darius and feel the love in the room!! X

dinkydink said:
Well said Fuffs! I'm new here and I'm finding the site so helpful but some nasty comments (not even aimed at me) have put me off in the last few days. Now let's all sing some Brittany spears like darius and feel the love in the room!! X

Lol! 'Give me a siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiign (high pitch) hit me baby, one more (pause and click fingers, wriggle neck and shoulders, point) time'

Lol!!!

It is all simple if everyone chooses to be adults :D

And for those who have missed the wars, just feel blessed. It isn't pleasant. But fingers crossed it hasn't put too many newbies off. Glad you have stayed Dinky :D xxx

I have used /ignore in the shout box for certain people, which is great. I can't get my head round why some people behave like they do. I do wonder if they are like that in the real world. I would hate to work with someone like that. My advice would be to /ignore. Much less stressful that way. xx

jenny17 said:
I have used /ignore in the shout box for certain people, which is great. I can't get my head round why some people behave like they do. I do wonder if they are like that in the real world. I would hate to work with someone like that. My advice would be to /ignore. Much less stressful that way. xx

It's ashame. But I think the ignore function has had to be used by many of us recently. Would be nice if people could calm without us resorting to it :)

Dinky, I have decided I am sad!!! Lol

Fuffs; not related at all but you're looking so different, your face shots def showing the weight lose - you look even prettier and younger!!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Cicca said:
Fuffs; not related at all but you're looking so different, your face shots def showing the weight lose - you look even prettier and younger!!

Aaww that's a lovely thing to say. The younger bit makes me happier than anything as people thought I was 30 from when I was 16 lol. Nice to be 30 and started to look a bit younger lol xxx

Fuffs said:
Aaww that's a lovely thing to say. The younger bit makes me happier than anything as people thought I was 30 from when I was 16 lol. Nice to be 30 and started to look a bit younger lol xxx

I didn't realise how old I used to look, when I was 20 and 20 stone I looked in my 40s I used to wear anything I could fit in to. Normally nasty brown and blacks tents and I'd have to wash and wear the same outfits. Even though people don't always say it, I know I look younger and def act it!!

I've always had people think I was younger... I hope I don't go the opposite way to you girls lol

Cicca said:
I didn't realise how old I used to look, when I was 20 and 20 stone I looked in my 40s I used to wear anything I could fit in to. Normally nasty brown and blacks tents and I'd have to wash and wear the same outfits. Even though people don't always say it, I know I look younger and def act it!!

Good on you!!! :D

It's amazing how people can look like their own mom in before pics lol. I think lack of clothes, or tent versions not resembling slim versions is a big part of the problem.

Kitty, you will just look even younger and have your I.D checked lol

Good on you!!! :D

It's amazing how people can look like their own mom in before pics lol. I think lack of clothes, or tent versions not resembling slim versions is a big part of the problem.

Kitty, you will just look even younger and have your I.D checked lol

aw man i get enough of that as it is... hehe :553:

Well I'm sure that whether we look older or younger we are a lot healthier and thats what counts. xx

chrisa said:
Well I'm sure that whether we look older or younger we are a lot healthier and thats what counts. xx

That's what should count lol

Only joking. Health is the most important thing. But some things come up as nice bonuses on top of that :D

Back