• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

wobbletogo-a-go-go!!!

Wobble is sleeping like a baby. I hope she will be able to log on tomorrow. We leave for the airport at 7am, so I'll be leaving her behind :cry:

Yay I'm back in the real world again. For a while there I didn't think I was ever going to find it again!!

Suzie's just left leaving behind a few emotional Czech nuses and one emotional Brit, it's only been 20 mins but feel lost without her already :( I hope she has a safe journey back to Espana and sees her little girl again soon after.

Well I never thought I would be so glad to see a pot of yoghurt! This morning is the first time they have let me have one since surgery.

After surgery I was in ICU for 24 hrs and that has to have been the worst 24 hrs of my life, nausea and vomiting, sweating, no sleep and nurses who didn't speak english! was so pleased when they said i could get up to wash and then i would be heading back to my own room, though the next 12 hours were just a blur of a spinning room. Eventually I took a sleeping tablet which clearly knocked me out if I was asleep when Suzie dropped in.

Was awake a few times in the night and then from 3am onwards I couldn't get comfortable because of the wind pain. I walked, sat, stood, moved bedding to different chairs, raised and lowered the head of the bed but nothing would allow me to relax enough to sleep. Good job really as I didn't want to miss farewell to Suzie.

Right am off to finish this lush yoghurt and watch the birds..out the window :)

thanks for everyone's well wishes and support, it's made it all that much more bearabe being able to know others have done the same journey xx

Hi hune glad u r feeling better u had me worried there suzi. I am sooo relieved u r a bit on the mend bet that was a lush tasting yog. Try and catch up on the sleep for now. Am sending hugs to you. U r on the loosers bench now u Lucky thing will chat later. Glad u r on the mend x

Hi wobble! So nice to hear from you and I am glad you're doing better. Get lots of rest, and take the sleeping tablet tonight. It really helps. Xx

I did take the sleeping tablet, problem is I'm a long time user of them back home so they don't work too well for me, especially if I'm in pain. At home to ensur a fairly good sleep I have to take sleeping tab, paracetamol and ibupofen :(

Plus I think with sleeping on the days before op and through op, I'm actually not that tired! rare for me.

Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery
Em xxxx

I did take the sleeping tablet, problem is I'm a long time user of them back home so they don't work too well for me, especially if I'm in pain. At home to ensur a fairly good sleep I have to take sleeping tab, paracetamol and ibupofen :(

Plus I think with sleeping on the days before op and through op, I'm actually not that tired! rare for me.

Sorry to hear that. Maybe try your hardest to stay awake all day? So that you get some rest overnight? Get yourself some matchsticks ;). They'll give you paracetamol if you ask xx

Good to hear your back in the land of the living!! The first couples of days will fade fast and it will be hard to remember how bad it was!! Welcome to the losers bench!! xxx

Miss you too Suzi!!!
We're home with our baby, feels good to be back, and I wish you an easy trip tomorrow and lots of lovin' from your babies! Be sure to get weighed in before you leave, lol, bet you'll find a nice surprise!

Glad you are on the road to recovery wobble... xx

so glad your home just try and rest xx

Well I've just been back to my GP to present him with my discharge note. He was ok, not as excited as I thought he would be, but never mind lol

He did all the usual physical tests, said everything seems normal and fine. He said in view of my 24hr ICU stay he would do a load of blood tests just to be on the safe side.....

....he then went on to say "as your thyroid was low on your last test I also need to check that again" !!!@@!!??? WHAT?!!

If they now turn round, after all these years of me insisting there was a medical reason for my weight gain, (and of couse all the other symptoms they have put down to ME/CFS!) and say I was right I have an underactive thyroid and it could have been sorted with medication I shall be soooo annoyed! At one point I even suggested me taking thyroxine just to see if it made a difference as I was aware bloods tests rarely go deep enough to discover the truth, but he refused!

Back