• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

YES!!! Progress at last!!!!!

OMG Shel, I have just seen you are only 19 days away from your op ! woo hoo how fab is that! & 5 days away from liver shrinking! - quick get scoffing something yummy lol! Ooooh I am so excited for you!! how are you feeling? - ok I hope!

Yes I will ring the dr in a few weeks time & try find out what is going on, in the meantime, I am in Pudsey Leeds if anyone knows anything about the Pct in this area.... :)
Love n hugs
Vicky
xxxxxxxx

Lol thanks, it is quite exciting! Not as exciting as Claire, she's having hers tomorrow! I'm fine thanks, more excited than nervous.

I'm sure you'll hear something soon, the balls rolling now so it won't be long for you.

I have no idea at all when the appointment will be :( nothing was said whatsoever
I am not understanding the pct funding bit .... does my dr have to apply for it & will he be doing this now before I see the surgeon? I still have a wooly head lol !!

xxxxxxxxxx
Hi I am in exactly the same boat as you, I have tried to contact the PCT today to ask what happens and it was an answer machine all day! Very frustrating. If you find out anything let me know and vice versa....good luck you are def not alone in this although I know I feel like I am.... :((

Am feeling very much like you charliegirl. I was told via email i will receive a response in regards to my complaint from the Leeds PCT by the 16th July. Fingers crossed something has been done!

I just hope you don't have to go through all the rubbish that's been happening with me, i'm seriously fed up now!

It will happen for you though, try and stay positive, and find out as much info as you can.

hi vicky just wanted to say hi and welcome to our fantastic forum, u cud say im a bypass vet lol as i had mine done 1 year ago and have lost just ova 8stone so far i wish u all the luck in the world take care xxx

I have no idea at all when the appointment will be :( nothing was said whatsoever
I am not understanding the pct funding bit .... does my dr have to apply for it & will he be doing this now before I see the surgeon? I still have a wooly head lol !!
xxxxxxxxxx

Hiya
As shell has said each PCT is different. My GP referred me for funding, then only when it was agreed only then was I referred to the hospital. Went to see surgeon on the 28th April and having my op on the 16th July. Ring your GP and check the process now to put your mind at rest.

Having op same day and at same hospital as Shell so pre-op diet starts on Wednesday!

Good luck hun, keep us informed

Mine was similar, only when funding agreed was I referred to surgeon, but I've seen on here people doing it the other way round.

Hello everybody!!
I have just found your fabulous site/forum & thought I would introduce myself :) & if it's ok with you all ask a question too?

My name is Vicky, I am 16 stone 11lbs (I have always been a big girl - even at birth lol) I am 42 years old & have just this very morning been referred to see a bariatric surgeon called Mr Dexter at Wharfdale hospital Leeds.

I am feeling really really weird - both excited & nervous at the same time, with a thousand thoughts flying through my mind in the space of 1 minute lol & think I am in shock as I didn't expect my Gp to agree to referring me & now he has I am gobsmacked!!! lol.

I was so suprised, silly me never thought to ask him how long the waiting list is etc so I have no idea if it will be weeks, months or even years, do any of you lovely people have any idea at all or is this a daft question?

Love n hugs to you all
Vicky
xxxxx:sign0144:
HI VICKY
You may have read a couple of my posts , but if not i will tell you my experience of my referral.

i went ot my docs easter week asking about a gastric band my doctor said she would refer me straight away,amazing i got a letter with an appointment within a few weeks.had my consultation with my surgeon 1 st week in may.had a gastric bypass 4 weeks later.from my doc appointment to surgery was 11 weeks.i was amazed how quick it all happened.i am also in leeds, my surgeon was proff mike mcmahon at nuffields. im exactley 3 weeks post op and 1st 11 lb down but got a way to go yet.
Try not to compare too much as i have realized everyone's experiences are different even if from the same town.
take care and good luck michelle7272

WOW!! Congratulations!! The weight is dropping off you all! just imagine how gorgeous you will all look at Christmas & how fitter you will all feel!! I have got all excited again now lol.

Thanks for all the messages everyone! It's brill to be able to log onto here & people know what I'm talking about & are willing to help (I think I'm driving my family nuts- tee hee)
I will just try & be patient (grrrrrr - not one of my traits eeeeeks) wait & see what happens, keep an open mind & play it by ear.
Love n hugs
Vicky
xxxxxxx

Awwww thank you Georgina that is so lovely of you! :)
I have been trying & trying to get my pic at the side of my screen name but can't seem to manage it at all as it won't let me add an aviator - nit sure if it's me having a dizzy queen week or what lol.
love n hugs
Vicky
xxxxxx

Hi Vicky, I can solve the mystery of the picture for you!! You have to have made a certain number of posts to get an avatar (Can't remember how many - 20 maybe) so keep posting........

Thanks Ali !!
I will start posting more now lol.
How are you feeling? time is flying by isn't it! are you excited?
Love n hugs
Vicky
xxxxx

Hi Vicky, I can't wait. Think I must be a little odd to be looking forward to an operation, but there you go! It has been a long road to get this far and can't wait to start losing and living life to the full!!

Hi Vicky, I can't wait. Think I must be a little odd to be looking forward to an operation, but there you go! It has been a long road to get this far and can't wait to start losing and living life to the full!!
Hi there
I am so pleased that you are looking forward to your op. I feel exactly the same, can't wait to have it and get on the road to recovery and a new life.
Keep your positive thoughts coming through and good luck
:D:D

OMG Shel, I have just seen you are only 19 days away from your op ! woo hoo how fab is that! & 5 days away from liver shrinking! - quick get scoffing something yummy lol! Ooooh I am so excited for you!! how are you feeling? - ok I hope!

Yes I will ring the dr in a few weeks time & try find out what is going on, in the meantime, I am in Pudsey Leeds if anyone knows anything about the Pct in this area.... :)
Love n hugs
Vicky
xxxxxxxx
Hi ya
There seems to be different ways of getting funding.
I asked my GP (Armley) in May if she would consider me for weight loss surgery. I asked her about funding and she said that the previous 2 people she had referred had been funded through the PCT. 10 days later I got a letter from Nuffield in Leeds with an appointment to see Prof McMahon and that funding had been agreed. I went for my consultation and taking into account my holidays that were booked before I decided on surgery, it was agreed that surgery would take place in August. I have just got my date through for August 19th. For me it has been very quick.
I do work for the PCT but I can honestly say that nobody in the PCT knew that I was thinking of surgery so there was no way I given preferential treatment. I am so glad that it will be happening soon.:p:p

Hi ya
There seems to be different ways of getting funding.
I asked my GP (Armley) in May if she would consider me for weight loss surgery. I asked her about funding and she said that the previous 2 people she had referred had been funded through the PCT. 10 days later I got a letter from Nuffield in Leeds with an appointment to see Prof McMahon and that funding had been agreed. I went for my consultation and taking into account my holidays that were booked before I decided on surgery, it was agreed that surgery would take place in August. I have just got my date through for August 19th. For me it has been very quick.
I do work for the PCT but I can honestly say that nobody in the PCT knew that I was thinking of surgery so there was no way I given preferential treatment. I am so glad that it will be happening soon.:p:p

Great news on your op date hun, not long to go now. Have a great holiday though first xx

WOW!! that is brilliant! I am so pleased for you! :) what a great year you will have & will be much smaller by Christmas woo hoo!!

I wish I'd of asked the dr more questions as I am left hanging in the air at the minute & am really worried about all this funding milarky - I daredn't nag the dr as it was only a couple of weeks ago he referred me & I don't want to get his back up lol.

I have noticed that most people from Leeds are having/had it done at Nuffield with Prof Mcmahon but my Gp said I would be having Simon Dexter & could either go to Wharfdale hospital in Otley or Jimmys, I chose Wharfdale as it's nearer, I am in Pudsey which is sort of between Leeds & Bradford so wonder if that's why??

I can't seem to be able to find the leeds Criteria for patient funding of bariatric surgery - I know Bradford & Airedale use NICE guidelines

crikey questions questions lol

Love n hugs
Vicky
xxx

I find it all so frustrating. I know i should just be happy for everyone, but i feel like i'm being left by the side of the road. I'm so sorry.

Back