• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

YES!!! Progress at last!!!!!

I find it all so frustrating. I know i should just be happy for everyone, but i feel like i'm being left by the side of the road. I'm so sorry.

Your not on your own I feel the same but think positive and one day it will be you writing on here, I cant wait until its my turn....

Hi there
I am so pleased that you are looking forward to your op. I feel exactly the same, can't wait to have it and get on the road to recovery and a new life.
Keep your positive thoughts coming through and good luck
:D:D

hi snoopy
sees we have a few things in common, i guess you are from leeds too, i was referred by dr lindsey at armley medical center easter week, i am now 5 weeks post op and 2stone 4lbs lighter.i had my bypass at nuffields by proff mike mcmahon, it is a lovely hospital with lovely people and made the whole experience enjoyable (strange i know considering i had a op,lol)
i have just started on all my vitamins and go to armley docs for my vitamin jab in the morning.
hope to chat more with you, any questions fire away....
michelle7272

I find it all so frustrating. I know i should just be happy for everyone, but i feel like i'm being left by the side of the road. I'm so sorry.

Hiya wobbles,
I emailled you back last week but not sure if you received it or not -
I am feeling exactly the same way & haven't a clue what is going on, it is SO frustrating isn't it?
I am over the moon & so excited for everyone who is actually going through it but it would be much nicer to even know a little of what's happening.

WOW!! that is brilliant! I am so pleased for you! :) what a great year you will have & will be much smaller by Christmas woo hoo!!

I wish I'd of asked the dr more questions as I am left hanging in the air at the minute & am really worried about all this funding milarky - I daredn't nag the dr as it was only a couple of weeks ago he referred me & I don't want to get his back up lol.

I have noticed that most people from Leeds are having/had it done at Nuffield with Prof Mcmahon but my Gp said I would be having Simon Dexter & could either go to Wharfdale hospital in Otley or Jimmys, I chose Wharfdale as it's nearer, I am in Pudsey which is sort of between Leeds & Bradford so wonder if that's why??

I can't seem to be able to find the leeds Criteria for patient funding of bariatric surgery - I know Bradford & Airedale use NICE guidelines

crikey questions questions lol

Love n hugs
Vicky
xxx

I think Leeds uses NICE guidelines, as read it somewhere on the net so that is one mystery solved lol

Still waiting...

I am being SO patient... It's 4 weeks & 2 days since I was referred & still not heard anything.... roll on postman coming tomorrow lol

I am being SO patient... It's 4 weeks & 2 days since I was referred & still not heard anything.... roll on postman coming tomorrow lol
hi there,
i'm sure you will hear soon,i went to my doctors last week for my 1st vitamin jab, nurse was telling me everyone who gets referred goes to nuffields , leeds.
not sure if she meant just from my doctors or leeds as a whole.
if you wanna know more or want any questions answered, i actually work near you.opposite gamecock pub nr mcdonalds.soo aint that far away.
take care michelle.

Hi Michelle,
thank you so much for replying to me - I am feeling a bit down at the minute with not having a clue what is going on so it's lovely to know someone who knows how I am feeling is nearby (I am in Calverley Pudsey)
The Dr said I would be going to Wharfdale hospital but I wish it was Nuffields as I would have a general idea of what happens there due to some people on here having/had surgery there & I haven't seen one single post mentioning Wharfdale - sobs little (or should I say big lol) ol lonely me! rofl.
Thanks for the encouragement Michelle you replied at a good time.
love n hugs
Vicky

I have been referred to the bariatric clinic at hope hospital I asked my GP to refer me 16 days ago and I got my appointment two days ago....I see them in 4 weeks, they had an earlier appointment but I am away on holiday. I rung them every other day to ask when it would be, they said it usually takes a week to receive the referral...give them a ring I know what its like waiting for the postman, he came when my back was turned I had actually gone to my GPs for blood tests.....they say a watched pot never boils.....keep pestering them....Linda x

Hiya Linda,
Thank you for the reply it's so appreciated :)
I took the bull by the horns this morning & did as you suggested, I rang the dr & the receptionist said it takes six weeks to receive an appointment from the surgeon & as it has only been 4 weeks I'd have to wait (duh lol) & if I hadn't heard anything by 7 weeks to ring her back.
I know I'm probably being a pain but it's not them going through it all & wondering what is happening is it? It's a massive change to our lives & it's only natural to wonder whats going on isn't it?
Oooh it looks like we have a bit of sun today (miracles will never cease hey! lol)
love & hugs
Vicky
xxx

stay positive Vicky, you WILL get there and it WILL be worth it.

Hang in there Vicky xx

Hiya Linda,
Thank you for the reply it's so appreciated :)
I took the bull by the horns this morning & did as you suggested, I rang the dr & the receptionist said it takes six weeks to receive an appointment from the surgeon & as it has only been 4 weeks I'd have to wait (duh lol) & if I hadn't heard anything by 7 weeks to ring her back.
I know I'm probably being a pain but it's not them going through it all & wondering what is happening is it? It's a massive change to our lives & it's only natural to wonder whats going on isn't it?
Oooh it looks like we have a bit of sun today (miracles will never cease hey! lol)
love & hugs
Vicky
xxx
Hi Vicky I know how you feel with waiting, when something happens like blood tests or any little thing you feel great again as you actually feel something is happening, then you go back to waiting, I know exactly how you feel...I started to keep a time line list ie. date went to the GP for referral etc and for each stage when I look back it feels like ages but really a lot has happened since I first visited the GP and that was 22 June so its been pretty quick....hang on in there and at least you can stop waiting for the postie.....lol...have a good weekend...Linda x

Awwww thank you & bless you all!
It's so lovely to get replies & reassuring to know you are all there & know how I'm feeling (others just don't seem to understand what I'm going through)
I suffer with bad depression & panic attacks as it so this wondering isn't helping one bit but you all are!!
I can't thank you all enough!!
I hope you all have a lovely weekend
love n hugs
Vicky
xxxxxxxx

Hi vol,
Chin up misses, It's a real pain how things take time and I know that's easy for me to say as I'm not in your situation but I have been and even now I'm wishing the days away to my op. Just think this time in 2wks you should be knowing what's happening and you'll be another step nearer to your op.
Remember we are all here for you.
Take care
Trina xxxxxxxx

Hang in there, it always seem like ages but after your op you will look back and realise that it isn't that long at all. The waiting is always the worst thing, the weeks just drag by :cry:
You'll get lots of help and advice on here.

Just got my pre op date for 15th Aug with my op on 19th Aug. So I am counting the days down. I am having a Sleeve Gastrectomy at Nuffield in Leeds :) :)

My pre op diet starts whilst I am on holiday in Las Vegas :cry:

Hang in there, it always seem like ages but after your op you will look back and realise that it isn't that long at all. The waiting is always the worst thing, the weeks just drag by :cry:
You'll get lots of help and advice on here.

Just got my pre op date for 15th Aug with my op on 19th Aug. So I am counting the days down. I am having a Sleeve Gastrectomy at Nuffield in Leeds :) :)

My pre op diet starts whilst I am on holiday in Las Vegas :cry:

Oh poor you but it will be worth it..... xx

Awww thank you all for keeping my chin up !!(tee hee the size of it needs a lot of people to do that!! oooh)
right I am counting now:
4 weeks 6 days since being referred

Attachments

• glitterfy145953T396D33.gif
    glitterfy145953T396D33.gif
    10.4 KB · Views: 15
Back