• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Your PCT and its position on tummy tucks

got the funding for my tummy tuck just got to let them know that i still want it and then i will be on the waiting list i love the souffolk pct

Anyone know about Essex, or how I can find out?
I have had 10 children, 3 by CS and am in the process of losing 4 stone...

anyone know about essex, or how i can find out?
I have had 10 children, 3 by cs and am in the process of losing 4 stone...

HERE IS THE ADDRESS AND FONE NUMBER OF YOUR LOCAL PCT!! Julie xx

CALL OR WRITE TO THEM TO FIND OUT IF THEY DO TT.......
Maldon & South Chelmsford Primary Care Trust

St. Peters Hospital/Spital Rd, Maldon, CM9 6EG

• Tel:01621 727300

North Lancashire PCT

Information valid till November 2009

The PCT may, subject to prior authorisation of the Commissioning Panel who will consider the circumstances of the individual patient, commission abdominoplasty for removal of redundant skin, when the problem is seriously disfiguring, and has resulted from a substantial and sustained weight loss. “Substantial weight loss” may be interpreted as a reduction from the category of obese (body mass index in excess of 30) to the normal range (less than 25). “Sustained weight loss” may be interpreted as weight loss maintained for more than two years.

The PCT may, subject to prior authorisation of the Commissioning Panel who will consider the circumstances of the individual patient, commission abdominoplasty for removal of redundant skin, when the problem is seriously disfiguring, and has resulted from previous childbirth. Such cases are unlikely to be authorised until at least three years have elapsed since the birth of the last child.

Mandy x

Hi Mandy, do you know which parts of lancashire and why now 2009, I thought the start of a funding year was April and ended March ?? so for all the questions Mandy xx

I thought it would be useful to have a thread where people who have applied for TTs on the NHS could tell us their PCT's position on TTs for people who have lost lots of weight.

Anyone got any experience with Manchester?

So, fire away...

Im from Bury just outside Manchester and have been accepted, i go in for my op on 25th June at Preston.

I may fall under Lancashire PCT though.

I got told ( & read) that even if you get any wls on nhs , not all of them provide the service for tt ops. Was told to ask the pct if they do tt on nhs as part of wls procedure, coz some of them wont fund for it ..............

All the best - mejulie xx

I met two post bypassers last week that have funding in place for full body lifts under South Staffs PCT. Both had their bypasses at Walsall Manor.

Hi all. Does anybody have any info on the criteria for North Stoke-on-Trent PCT for tummy tuck and breast lifts!!!

I'd also be interested to hear about anyone's knowledge or personal experience of how they handle things like this in Berkshire.

NORFOLK PCT

Where the recorded weight loss is at least 10 points
on the Body Mass Index that has led to redundant
skin and the current BMI is <26 and the weight loss​
has been maintained for at least 2 years.

I had mine done in Norwich 7 months after my initial consultation with my GP and funding was never mentioned to me: saw my GP, then the consultant and she said there and then the waiting list was about 4 months. 5 months later it was done and dusted!!!

for Bristol

Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire PCTs
Working Policy Statement – pending ratification: Abdominoplasty and removal of loose skin
Abdominoplasty and the removal of other loose skin are regarded as procedures of low clinical priority. Although there is demand for them they offer little health gain for the individual or for the population. These procedures are therefore not routinely
funded by the PCT.
Abdominoplasty and removal of loose skin are funded on a restricted basis only.

GPs and Consultants must obtain prior approval before proceeding.
Date of Issue: March 2009
Requests for abdominoplasty and removal of loose skin will be considered for:
A)
• Patients who received morbid obesity surgery and other previously obese patients
who have achieved significant weight loss of the order of 20 BMI points

AND
• Have maintained their weight loss for at least 2 years.

AND
• The patient suffers from severe recurrent intertrigo beneath the skin fold not
responding to other measures.
OR

• The patient is experiencing severe difficulties with daily living i.e. ambulatory
restrictions

OR
• Where previous post trauma or surgical scarring (Usually midline vertical, or
multiple) leads to very poor appearance and results in disabling psychological
distress or risk of infection.

OR
• Problems associated with poorly fitting stoma bags

The scale of the weight loss and the period for which it has been sustained must
be verified in the patient’s GP records.

So for me

So for me i'd need to get to BMI 29 be at it for 2yrs and have issues with it to qualify.

anyone know about hampshire?

I also had to sign a disclaimer to say I wouldn't be seeking plastics on the nhs, I think it's quite normal in London.

Jeanx

I am under Birmingham East North Pct, my Gp referred me to the plastic surgeon on 21/06/10 (11 weeks post op) we got a letter back to say that he cannot see me until my bmi is at least 27, have lost 5 stones or more and dont smoke.

I have lost the 5 stones, gave up smoking 2 years ago and have a bmi of 30.7 so not long to go.

My Gp referred me for my arms, legs, boobies and tummy tuck, if I get them is another thing :)

SUFFOLK PCT.

any new information on this one?
got referred 2 ish months ago, had no letters nowt!
i fall under the rapid weight loss, never had kids so not an issue there.

was BMI 40 in April
now BMI 25.2
lost over 5st 1/2 and is one 1lb away from "normal" BMI for my height!

I am in North East Lincs and they have only approved one person for plastics post-WLS. It USED to be part of the funding for the surgery but not any more and nobody else has been successful, basically told not to bother any more.

I was told quite categorically B4 the op that the NHS had stopped doing plastics for Weight loss.

I wasnt told that I wouldnt get funding, but warned it was unlikely :eek: Fingers crossed things change over the next 12 months and they decide to give me all the plastics I need :D Including face lift, boob job, tummy tuck, leg and arm lifts, botox and anything else I can think of lol....cant see it myself :D XX

Back