• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help!!!!

And don't forget the wind! Yes, it's all that IV fluid they pump in for days. My skin felt great. I put on several kilos - lost 10kg on the four weeks of LSD pre-op. So going up was weird but they'd warned me it would happen and that I was not to weigh myself for two weeks post op. Yeah, right! And secretly jumped on the scales in the ward corridor on the day I was sent home. My fault - the only piece of my provider's instructions I ignored. Ho hum!

Again everyone's different. Barely had any wind or swelling. Didn't gain either. Am still pretty fatigued though even 2 weeks out.

My surgery is in 11 days and I find posts like this so helpful, although I can see myself posting a few "help" posts too :) Everyone here really is lovely and I'm glad to have found the forum :)

My surgery is in 11 days and I find posts like this so helpful, although I can see myself posting a few "help" posts too :) Everyone here really is lovely and I'm glad to have found the forum :)

Hey livi! Are you excited/nervous? X

Hey livi! Are you excited/nervous? X

Since I got my date I've felt like a sense of calm/relief come over me. I've suffered very badly for a very long time and someone is helping me and that's amazing. Does that make sense? :/

Whoop whoop! Half a weetabix with hot milk eaten and tolerated!! Felt so nice to have something in my tummy!! :)

Since I got my date I've felt like a sense of calm/relief come over me. I've suffered very badly for a very long time and someone is helping me and that's amazing. Does that make sense? :/

Perfect sense. I felt the same on my assessment appointment. They all got it! It was incredible :)

Makes total sense Livi!! I felt exactly the same. My weight was so out of control (30 stone) and my mobility was reduced most of this year. I got engaged in April and cancelled the wedding set for April 2014 due to being in such pain....and miserable.

Now I feel so happy, even though it is such a daily challenge, I am looking forward to a happy and healthy future......it doesn't get better than that!

Good luck Hun, you are starting the journey of a lifetime!

X

Livi - perfect sense. Asking us to sustain a significant weightloss 'naturally' is like asking someone with arthritis in their leg to not limp. Or someone with visual impairment to read a number plate at 25m. Our providers are great people who have found a vocation. I couldn't be happier - one of the first questions he asked me was did I think I was overweight because I was weak and undisciplined around food? I replied yes ... He snapped back that I needed to dispel that notion immediately. It made me cry with relief - as it was a judgement i had grown up with.

My mother put me on amphetamines when I was 12 years old. My provider is a pioneer of bariatric surgery having set up the teams at St G in Tooting, and UCHL. He's been in the business for many many years and said every so often he will hear something that he's not come across before - controlled drugs at 12 was shockingly new to him.

You are all doing really well, no matter what stage of the journey you are on. We are all here and will offer all the support and advice we can when needed. xxx

Very much hun

There are a few people around who have had bands and converted. Sashie is one person

I'm hoping to have by pass as band taken out next year.

thanks for making me feel as if I'm not a nutter lol x

Well I am!!! Lol and we are all in the same boat here n its a hard path n every it of help is welcomed :)

Whoop whoop! Half a weetabix with hot milk eaten and tolerated!! Felt so nice to have something in my tummy!! :)

Xmas dinner next!

Today has been a good day for me. Around 1.5 litres of sugar free squash, 4 cups of coffee, half a weetabix with milk, half a tin of beef broth (sieved) and just having 200ml 50/50 slim fast shake/water :)

I'm hoping I can have potatoe and veg mash with gravy! :) x

I supposed to be on the milk diet a week before Xmas!!!! How's that for bad timing lol. I'm hoping to start it just afterwards . Fingers crossed they agree!!!

To be honest, I really enjoyed the milk diet!! Lots of milky coffee and Weight Watchers coconut, lemon, vanilla yoghurts. Loved it! Not the same as a Christmas dinner tho......I did have a roast dinner of sorts....veg roasted with fry lite and slow cooked chicken, very low fat! :)

To be honest, I really enjoyed the milk diet!! Lots of milky coffee and Weight Watchers coconut, lemon, vanilla yoghurts. Loved it! Not the same as a Christmas dinner tho......I did have a roast dinner of sorts....veg roasted with fry lite and slow cooked chicken, very low fat! :)

Could you eat ice cream?

2nd timer - the purpose of the pre-op diet is to shrink the Liver to make the surgery possible, not to lose weight. It is for medical reasons. Mine lasted four weeks and comprised four tins of WW soup, four Muller light yogs and a pint of semi ONLY per day. It is really important to stick to the LSD like glue to avoid an open incision or worse, no surgery at all. The bypass is major surgery that will make it physically impossible to eat foods in any quantity for the rest of your life, and fats and sugars will make you very ill indeed. A second benefit of the LSD is that it helps put us in the zone as we must banish past habits and cravings in order for the WLS to work.

Good luck with your journey. We are here with support and advise when you need it xx

Back