• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help!!!!

Ceecie it will happen before you know it and in the blink of an eye ;)

Ceecie -I don't have a target really. 12 stone is the least I've been since 12 years old! I did get down to that weight 20 years ago by back-street amphetemines and self-starvation. I kept it off for several years through exercise 7 days a week but as soon as I stopped it came back on - all 6.5stone of it. My surgeon would like to see me around 11 stone I think. We'll see. If I could get to 12stone 8lb by 31 Dec I'd be happy as it would be a 6 stone loss. As I say, we'll see. x

It's surprising what we do in the hope of losing weight Lilac, I've considered amphetamines back in the 90's also!!! At least we are on this journey with the support of medical professionals and our well being is being monitored. I'm genuinely pleased for you and truly hope you get that sense of achievement on Christmas Day.

I am hoping to be 25 stone 4 lbs by the 25th. Then I can look forward to the most challenging yet satisfying of years in 2014!!

Can't wait to hear how we all do!! X

You are doing amazingly Ceecie :D So pleased for you hon.

Ceecie - we are all in this together. No matter what our story, our start weight or what WLS we've had we know what it feels like to have no control of our bodies, and all that comes with it. We also understand all the highs and lows post-op, and our particular WLS solution gives us the experience and ability to support each other even more if we've had the same procedure.

My mum put me on Amphetamines when I was 12! My surgeon's jaw went bang on the desk when I told him. I don't remember much weight loss at that age! In fact my weight matched my years until I was about 18 years old.

Keep going hun, you will shrink by the day and that size 18 will be reality by Spring I reckon. You have Frankie and Yve here, right behind you. They are two of the biggest bypass losers on here. They are a real inspiration. Especially when old-timer Yve speaks, I listen. Love you ladies xxx

Wow - there's a compliment that could go to my head lol. But if I can help at all give me a shout.

Lol thanks Lilac!! I do happen to think you are all inspirational and like you say, so many different stories. I find it fascinating! I've already had so much support on here, it's a lifeline for anyone having WLS!

On my :eek: I don't know how to reply to that lilac. Thank you :) although I can't profess to being as up on things as Yve (she is the bypass guru in my book) as It's all still one big learning curve for me xx

Yvessa, is there anything I can have which is satisfying? I'm only 2.5 weeks post op but totally sick of soup!! Xxx

Yvessa, is there anything I can have which is satisfying? I'm only 2.5 weeks post op but totally sick of soup!! Xxx

Why don't you post this question to all on the forum,I'm sure others can offer suggestions which they may have had safely at your stage.
If I remember as it was a long time ago now,I think you have to grin and bear it with clear soups jelly etc...its tough I know x

Thanks Hun, I did end up having a milky coffee and it left me feeling contented!

This was purely head hunger.....it's powerful stuff!!!!!

Ceecie - at 2.5 weeks are you starting to slowly thicken-up? Muller Light yogs, v smooth mash with maybe a soup poured over ... You have broken the back of post-op liquid stage, and purees are just round the corner. It's so much easier when you move on to them! xxx

Thanks Lilac - I had some smoothie today but watered it down. I'm too frightened to try yoghurt as when I dump on soup it's when I haven't mixed it with water. I seem to be getting worse over the last 3 days and am sleeping a lot during the day. I cooked dinner for the family and came over all dizzy....I'm sure I'm dehydrating, I havent even hit 1 litre today as been feeling nauseous.

Hoping to go out for a stroll with the fella tomorrow to get some fresh air and start what hopefully turns out to be a better day! I felt far better after surgery than I do now!! :(

I'm always thirsty and dry mouth, so about 2-4 pints a day but still struggling with regular eating. X

Do you struggle to quench thirst or you dry even after drinking ?

Back