• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help!!!!

2nd timer - the purpose of the pre-op diet is to shrink the Liver to make the surgery possible, not to lose weight. It is for medical reasons. Mine lasted four weeks and comprised four tins of WW soup, four Muller light yogs and a pint of semi ONLY per day. It is really important to stick to the LSD like glue to avoid an open incision or worse, no surgery at all. The bypass is major surgery that will make it physically impossible to eat foods in any quantity for the rest of your life, and fats and sugars will make you very ill indeed. A second benefit of the LSD is that it helps put us in the zone as we must banish past habits and cravings in order for the WLS to work.

Good luck with your journey. We are here with support and advise when you need it xx

Thanks. I'm doing this soon to lose 5% and then go on maintenance diet prior to milk diet liver shrink prior to op. I've done it before for my band n managed ok. Bit grumpy at withdrawal, but I still did it. I managed with my band n changed habits until meds caused it to herniate my stomach from wrenching due to caustic meds.
But of déjà vu at the moment but looking forward to getting back on the lighter road again.
Thanks everyone for your support xxx

Could you eat ice cream?

You can eat anything you want Pre-Op, but like Lilac says, it's not about that! ........ Pre-op is to shrink the liver and give you the best opportunity for successful and safe surgery.

I suggest you cancel if you are not ready to give up all sugary/high fat food NOW! I happily gave it all up and quit smoking 6 weeks before my op. I really was in the zone.......and you need to be to prepare you for the post-op diet as it is gruelling!! Apart from the fact you can't put any solid food in your mouth for months, initially you can't even tolerate the pre-op milk diet!!!

Think hard Hun, this is not a quick fix, it is a new way of living xxx

You can eat anything you want Pre-Op, but like Lilac says, it's not about that! ........ Pre-op is to shrink the liver and give you the best opportunity for successful and safe surgery.

I suggest you cancel if you are not ready to give up all sugary/high fat food NOW! I happily gave it all up and quit smoking 6 weeks before my op. I really was in the zone.......and you need to be to prepare you for the post-op diet as it is gruelling!! Apart from the fact you can't put any solid food in your mouth for months, initially you can't even tolerate the pre-op milk diet!!!

Think hard Hun, this is not a quick fix, it is a new way of living xxx

Thanks, I have been here before and been successful with my band. It had to come out for medical reasons, not necause i wasnt good at strictly obeying lol. I did everything I was told.

This is for reconstruction as they cant return my band and ive put weight on and done all the tests n meds to stop it. It's not a pre op diet, its one to lose 5% to qualify and I don't want to start it for six days after my meeting that's all. I would never agree to an operation if I could not give it 101% before and after the op. we r not talking surgery yet, talking getting ready for seeing the surgeon to get a date n follow the maintenance plans given. X

Ahhh that makes sense now, sorry!!

It must be frustrating for you to have to go through it all again. I really hope you get everything sorted so that you can continue on your weightloss journey. How exciting! :) X

Ahhh that makes sense now, sorry!!

It must be frustrating for you to have to go through it all again. I really hope you get everything sorted so that you can continue on your weightloss journey. How exciting! :) X

Yup it is very frustrating. If it had been my fault I could accept it more :(((( I've had to fight for 18 months for this chance as my privately fitted band was ruined by NHS but didn't qualify for reconstruction !!!! Amazingly I mentioned how hard it was to stay awake n I was tested for sleep apnoea as a result. I had it big time as a result of fast weight gain. Upside is it opened the door to NHS reconstructing me again :)))))
Now at l n d and its all happening fast :) time will tell after next appt what will happen :)
Chins up :) lol x

Good luck hon.

Well ladies, the struggle of pre-op and the first 2 weeks post-op has all been worth it because;

CEECIE HAS ONLY GONE AND LOST 3 STONES IN 8 WEEKS!!!!!

Massive smiles here :)

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

That's my girl. Get in!!!

Nuff said - big smile all round. You said in an earlier post about having lots of clothes in smaller sizes that you're hoping to make size 18 by this time next year ... Do you feel a few days on from saying that, with the amazing result of today, that you might be looking more at a Summer wardrobe? I think you could be TBH ... So excited for you. See, I told you it works xxxx

Wtggggggg xxx

Lol@lilac! My sentiments exactly!!

I know the weightloss is going to slow down....and I don't want to pressure myself because I'm in this for life!

BUT!!!!!

A size 18 for the summer would be IMMENSE!!!

We shall see. As soon as I can get in the pool and start working hard at toning and fitness, anything is possible!!

I'm not eating enough either, so when I can tolerate more it may slow down a bit. This is an exciting journey......bloody hard but if we work at it, it will give us the results we are looking for.

Skipping around today. Hope you are feeling better and all you other ladies are feeling positive.

HAVE SOME CEECIE LOVE XXXX

Brill news :) it's lively to walk into any shop n buy what you want :) I did that for several years till very recently. Go girl xxx

Well done hun :) you will be a skinny Malinke before you know it xx

Gosh. You are cracking on at a great pace. Yes, it will plateau when you are back on solids and for me it was like banging my head ... One lb here, another the next week. But it's all in the right direction - but knowing that unless something goes disastrously wrong mentally or physically I will NEVER 'wear' that lb again ... Yep, more than makes up for the slowness at times.

I'm hovering at 13stone (182/183lbs), and it doing my head in. So want to be in the 12s.

I think that is the beauty of this surgery Lilac. I know I'm saying goodbye to each pound for good at the moment. Even if I reach my target and then gain some, I know I'm waving goodbye to the 20's for good! I started this journey at 30 stone 4lbs and 2 weeks post op I am 26 stone 10 lbs. I could never have achieved that emotionally or physically without the surgery and hopes of a second chance at life.

It's amazing.

Totally agree. Yes we could have stopped eating and lost some weight but that is not sustainable for life, and keeping the weight off wouldn't be either. Somewhere along the line our bodies re-set their controls. Expecting us to lose weight permanently would be like asking someone with Asthma to breath clearly, or someone with an Arthritic knee to not limp. It would not be medically possible.

I was 18stone 8lbs when I first saw the surgeon at end of April 13. 17stone on op-day (9July), and 13stone today (8 Dec). I'm very happy with that!

It's wonderful Lilac! Although I can only dream of 18 stone right now, it must be amazing for you to be nearing 12 stone!!! You are a skinny bird!

What is your target? Do you think your lifestyle will allow you to go lower?

Back