• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

29th December 2012 - dolan park - band

Hi,

Current weight 294lbs.... hoping to lose half of that with the help of my future band friend.

I have the milk and yoghurt pre-op diet coming up in the next week or so.

Would love to find someone else who is having the op around the same time.

Welcome and Good Luck chunkymunky :)

I'm the 8th December in Dublin but at the moment I'm sick and on meds so fingers crossed i ok for then ...
I'm also on the diet now but my GP wanted me to up my intake because of the infection I have but I'm not coming off it for no one lol ;). I have waited to long for this operation and saved so hard ;) I'm 15 st 12.5 lb at last weigh in on Friday last so heres to both of us ;) roll on 2013

good luck, dolan park is great you will be looked after well, although in my experience the aftercare with THG is poor, hope you get what you paid for as i havent :(

Id take some juice with you on your surgery day as after op your mouth is very dry and water doesnt seem to help. Also windeeze tablets and magazines. The hospital itself is lovely xx

YAY! What a great end to the year and a great way to start the new year :)

I'm the 8th December in Dublin but at the moment I'm sick and on meds so fingers crossed i ok for then ...
I'm also on the diet now but my GP wanted me to up my intake because of the infection I have but I'm not coming off it for no one lol ;). I have waited to long for this operation and saved so hard ;) I'm 15 st 12.5 lb at last weigh in on Friday last so heres to both of us ;) roll on 2013

good luck, hope your better before then and let us know how you get on :)

Welcome and Good Luck chunkymunky :)

Thanks flutterby, and congratulations on your banding sucsess. I see you were with the hospital group, I was meant to have Dr Super but on consultation day it was swapped to Dr Sidssgeon (can never remember it correctly)

how was your experience there?:)

YAY! What a great end to the year and a great way to start the new year :)

i know im ever so excited, ive read all the ups and downs and know it will be difficult but I cant wait to start creating a new me in the new year... bring on 2013!! :D

hardest bit for me will be eating more regularly as i dont eat very often now, also finding foods I can eat out and about/at work during the usually hectic life of a working mom with 2 kids. lol

My personal experience was good thank you...planning ahead and eating regularly is going to be key to success. If you can maybe cook in batches or have individually packed portions of chicken/fish etc so you have something to pull out of the freezer/cupboard .... Healthy and quick to add veggies to for example, it will help. I plan my days food/main meals ahead, protein first to make sure I am getting the basics right. Then I know if I have a few hundred calories spare, if I choose to eat an additional snack/treat its not going to break the calorie bank and send me on a downward spiral. If i don't use those calories, i tend to have an extra milky drink in the evening. That's how I manage to feel like I am not going without...because I don't :rolleyes: I am the queen of plastic tubs ... Everything is weighed out ready to throw in my lunch bag. There are not many days I go to work without my lunch bag full of my days foods.

I was at a team meeting yesterday so had to have something different. I used to be a real bread aholic previously but not now...having said that, I decided to try a low fat subway sandwich with turkey and ham, lettuce cucumber and jalapeños...so tasty, low cals at 287 and protein at 21g not too bad for a lunch on the run for a change! I did surprise myself that I managed to eat all the bread, which reassures me that going for a final top up fill of 1/4 mil today is the right choice. I want to stop counting calories now and just rely on my band. Leap of faith ... Here I come :D

My personal experience was good thank you...planning ahead and eating regularly is going to be key to success. If you can maybe cook in batches or have individually packed portions of chicken/fish etc so you have something to pull out of the freezer/cupboard .... Healthy and quick to add veggies to for example, it will help. I plan my days food/main meals ahead, protein first to make sure I am getting the basics right. Then I know if I have a few hundred calories spare, if I choose to eat an additional snack/treat its not going to break the calorie bank and send me on a downward spiral. If i don't use those calories, i tend to have an extra milky drink in the evening. That's how I manage to feel like I am not going without...because I don't :rolleyes: I am the queen of plastic tubs ... Everything is weighed out ready to throw in my lunch bag. There are not many days I go to work without my lunch bag full of my days foods.

I was at a team meeting yesterday so had to have something different. I used to be a real bread aholic previously but not now...having said that, I decided to try a low fat subway sandwich with turkey and ham, lettuce cucumber and jalapeños...so tasty, low cals at 287 and protein at 21g not too bad for a lunch on the run for a change! I did surprise myself that I managed to eat all the bread, which reassures me that going for a final top up fill of 1/4 mil today is the right choice. I want to stop counting calories now and just rely on my band. Leap of faith ... Here I come :D

im worried as most of my day is spent out with no place to heat food so im going to struggle for ideas for quick, practical and tasty food thats good for me (unfortunately im quite picky foodwise)

Back