• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A lifetime...just too much

Debbie15

My surgery date (22/11) is just around the corner....and I could not start the pre-diet until (08/11) but I am so happy when this morning I weight 3 kg less than three days ago!!!!

I am nervous, I am a separated mother with a three year old son, I am taking back home (Spain) my baby next week so my mother can look after him when I am here having the surgery and post-op.

It is not easy so many changes, waking up in the morning without to see my baby's face is really going to be the hardest thing...but I know it is for the best.
My mother wanted to come to stay but I thought it would be better for my son to avoid to be here when I do not how it will be...to enjoy his family back home....so no more nursery or public transport for over a month...jeje... I am trying to convince myself that I have taken the best decision...:wave_cry:

Only a few of my friends know about the surgery, just the ones that are going to help me going through that day when I wake up and my first thought go to God, to say thank you....

I cannot stop thinking how my life will change or will be, I never got the change to ride a horse so it is one of the first things that I will do when my weight goes down down.

On Tuesday it is my birthday, 36 years to bury an old Debbie and happy to see life gets better and better.

Have a good day:):):greenapple:

Tatiana

Hi Debbie,

Welcome to the site. While it will be hard to be without your baby for a while think of all the things you'll be able to do with him when the weight comes off.

Good luck with the pre-op diet, it will all be worth it so soon,

Tatiana

flowerofshona

Welcome Debbie,
I admire you hun, that was a very hard choice to make letting your boy go have some time with his Gran, BUT it will give you time to heal and get strong for his return and heres to a new Debbie having years of fun with your boy playing games and being there for him as he grows up.
Wishing all the best in your journey hun and heres to the new you xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Debbie15

Hello to the bravest women online!!!! Today is my birthday ...36!! I am on bed but I can sleep by the end of today in one week time I will be recovering from the op, today I messed up the diet, I ate 3 sandwiches:( all the effort of 1 week it went for nothing:(. For the last two days I can feel the anxiety building up plus the nervous. I upset my son today so much that i feel so sad. I need to relax but how...hope that by the time i wake up in the morning the sky is blue and my mind calm. Good night

JO28172

it's a new day, and don't you go slipping up again! You don't want the surgeon not operating on you for not having shrunk your liver do you?! your new healthy life is just around the corner and however hard it feels now its all so worth it. you get the body you've longed for and your son gets a fab holiday!! Lucky boy!! think of those size 12 clothes....you can do it hun xx

angiemason

Debbie you know it will be worth all the heartache and effort when you live to see your son who you are so proud of get married and have children and be able to enjoy life with him and take him horse riding with you xx good luck don't give up :)

Debbie15

Hello to everyone, here I am, I am having my surgery in the next 12hours, so many things come to my mind, i cannot sleep, i would like to thank you for your support and because by sharing your personal experiences it helps people like me to feel safe and sure that this is the best decision to have a better life. Thank you, GOd bless my surgeon!!!!!!

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
Debbie15 said:
Hello to everyone, here I am, I am having my surgery in the next 12hours, so many things come to my mind, i cannot sleep, i would like to thank you for your support and because by sharing your personal experiences it helps people like me to feel safe and sure that this is the best decision to have a better life. Thank you, GOd bless my surgeon!!!!!!

Good luck!!! Let us know how you are when you reach the losers bench :)

route66

100% you have made the right decision... when you are doing all the wonderful things with your son post opp it will all be worth it..
Good luck for today cant wait to hear how it went.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

gdlondon

Six Month Post Op
Hi Debbie

It must be hard, with your son leaving, but at the same time joyous. At least you can go riding with him in the near future!

I am on the pre-op diet also. Started last week Wednesday. I found the first 3/4 days challenging, but know I have gotten the hang of it. I have promised myself not to get too hang up if I slip up, which I did twice. Now the focus is on giving it my best shot, which is working. I have lost 5lbs in a week.

Keep pressing on...we have the same surgery date and I am cheering you on.

All the best.

Have a great flight to Spain, knowing that the next flight back will be a joyous occasion.

Stick in there!!

All the best

Gdlondon

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
Hi Debbie

It must be hard, with your son leaving, but at the same time joyous. At least you can go riding with him in the near future!

I am on the pre-op diet also. Started last week Wednesday. I found the first 3/4 days challenging, but know I have gotten the hang of it. I have promised myself not to get too hang up if I slip up, which I did twice. Now the focus is on giving it my best shot, which is working. I have lost 5lbs in a week.

Keep pressing on...we have the same surgery date and I am cheering you on.

All the best.

Have a great flight to Spain, knowing that the next flight back will be a joyous occasion.

Stick in there!!

All the best

Gdlondon
hey gd, try not to slip up, its not about losing weight, its about shrinking your liver, good luck :) xxx

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
Caren said:
hey gd, try not to slip up, its not about losing weight, its about shrinking your liver, good luck :) xxx

I second that. Some people have been opened up and no op done because the liver has not shrunk enough. Really try not to slip up, especially once you have a week or less left before your op. Not worth it :)

Good luck! :)

Debbie15

Hello, I am stil in Hospital, everything west welll

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
thats great Deb, good luck :) xxx

Debbie15

It went well, they may allo me to go home today, i can only drink sips of tea and water, because my stomach was inflated i have so much wind, they nurses Are giving me pepermint water to help the Wind to' come out, well i can wait now to' start this new cycle of my life.

Debbie15

Ah! At the end I lost 13 pounds and half ....with the milk pre-diet

Debbie15

Caren said:
thats great Deb, good luck :) xxx

Thanks Caren, good luck to you too. :D