• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Let's rock & rolllll!

Flickalicious

Bit of a weirdy! XD
Yeah, a week away :s its gone very very quick so far! 5.5lb loss this week, lets hope I can double it and then some before my op!
My husband is coming round to the idea. Hes looking forward to having xbox time more than anything lol Ive told him to relax abit because he needs to keep everything normal for our son, nursery, bedtime etc
How has the gym gone so far? :)

SleeveGirl

Katy – That is great to know that it can be kept low key. It’s not that I don’t trust people … Its just that I don’t want to be judged! Or is that the same thing ? : / . How did you meal go with them last Wednesday? I hope it went well

Hiya,

I know that feeling - being judged is horrible, that's why I still can't tell people. Wednesday went ok, in the car on the way I pre warned them again that I wouldn't be eating much, they then went on and on about me getting ill if I don't eat, etc. So I just said I was seeing a dietitian and following their advice. They were then happy about that! In the end I ate a very small jacket potato with butter.

Hope the gym is going well :)

Katy xx

BeckiP

I'm back!

Had to come away and really get my head into the game. Stop talking about it and start doing something! I've also has a nightmare tooth scenario so feel free to feel sorry for me :eek:)

I've lost the 10lbs that I needed to before getting the okay for funding. I'm now awaiting pre assessment(Monday), my liver diet seminar(April) and my endoscopy(cannot remember date!). What actually happens at a pre assessment?

I've also been given the blood thinning injection. I'm having trouble convincing myself that I'm going to be able to stick it in! I'm not scared of needles, just dont think I've got the nerve! Did anyone else have this problem?

It's all systems go and I couldn't be happier. Looking forward to getting my date so I can't start some serious count down :eek:)

How is everyone doing on their journeys? I haven't had a chance to catch up yet but looking forward to some stories.

Hope you are all well and will speak soon!
B xx

WeightlossDreamer

Glad to see your back Hun and doing well! With the blood thinning needles they're not that bad just a small prick really my advice don't hesitate just get them done quick x

Slimby50

Glad to see your back Hun and doing well! With the blood thinning needles they're not that bad just a small prick really my advice don't hesitate just get them done quick x

That's a bit like my ex! A small prick! Lol

BeckiP

Slimby you crack me up!

I'll have to pluck up some serious courage I reckon Dreamer! But thank you for the reassurance. I think I'm just being a bit of a pansy lol. X

princess4d4

welcome back and good luck with your journey just stick that needle in without thinking and its done

joanne7271

Shrink me please x
me not looking forward to that bit eeek x

adrienne

I had my pre op on Friday! The blood thinning injections came as a Bit of a surprise! Have my first one on the 27 th surgery is 28th really feeling scared now

BeckiP

How did the surgery go Adrienne?

I had my endoscopy yesterday and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be! Don't even have a sore throat :). I went for the sedation in the end - mainly because I didn't want to have a horrible experience and be scared for surgery!

I walked into the room thinking it was going to be my surgeon and a nurse with a rubber tube and screen. Nothing fancy and dead straight forward. When I was ushered in it was like something off Star Trek! Flashing lights, screens, equipment and what seemed like far too many people for one small procedure. So when I said "oh, this is a bit intimidating isn't it" in a VERY meek voice... I think they made an extra effort to be nice. Unless they are that nice to everyone. Which is okay with me!

Worst part for me was actually the throat spray. I started gagging with that before anyone put any tube near my face!

Best part - I had a really fit doctor putting in that crazy needle in my hand (which did hurt a little incidentally!!) but I forgive him and he can come back again if he likes!

So that's it - all hoops have been jumped and now I just have to sit tight and wait for that golden letter through the door.