• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1 Week To Go... Arrrggghhh!!

SleeveGirl

So... In one week today it will be the day of my surgery Friday 24th May...

My surgery is at the worst time, 5pm and you can more or less guarantee they will be running late, so in my mind I am preparing myself for 7pm. I can eat up until 11am and I can takes sips of drink up until 3pm.

The pre op diet has been... ummm not sure how to describe it, lacking lol... Yesterday I was so hungry and I really struggled, and I haven't lost much weight. I do feel sorry for my hubby at the mo as I am not exactly a bundle of joy :) I am dreading this weekend, because it is when I have a 'few extra' treats than usual and we would usually go out for a meal with the family. Obviously that is not going to happen now.

I am so nervous about the surgery... I just cant snap out of it. It's the anaesthetic that scares the life out of me and the possibility of a leak. A lot of my family work in hospitals, specifically in theatre departments - so I have heard a lot.

I have my pre op appointment on 21st May at 2pm, what happens during this appointment?

Hi lovely girl....

However 1 month today you will be on the road to recovery, slimmer, and in complete control of your future. It's all about the unknown and this is what is scaring you right now.

Think positively and write a list of all the reasons why you wanted it in the first place and I promise these will definitely out weigh the scary thoughts.

Try and think that the treats will still be there but you will have control over them and it will be YOUR choice if you have them or not! If you do you do and if you don't you don't. No one will say you can't have it. I think you are feeling deprived at the moment as the pre op is something you have no choice over.

I am in the same boat as you as my Surgery is the day after you on the 25th! I go from worry to excitement. I did have an op two years ago on a sebacious cyst in my groin (sorry TMI) caused by my bloody legs rubbing together too much!!!) but why I mentioned it is I think because of having Anaesthetic and being ok it's fine!

Right listen to Auntie Caz and no more negative thoughts... re read the post about the things people are looking forward to most once they have lost weight and get yours added to your list.

loads and loads and loads of hugs lovely girl

xxxx

Hiya Auntie Caz :8855:

:thankyou: You are very very supportive :)

I think you are totally right I need to concentrate on the positives and not on the negatives.

The strange thing is my hubby had 5 operations last year under general anaesthetic, so why I have got the fear. Probably because I've never had one, and the last time I was in hospital (nearly 5 years ago) I had my daughter which didn't go very well at all and I think like you say it's the not having control that is the issue.

I really do like that thread about the things people are looking forward to most once they have lost weight - there are so things I am looking forward too.

I know we are having slightly different surgeries, but I am looking forward to comparing notes :)

Thank you again hun xxxxxx

I'd be more worried about you if you weren't worried at all!
It's perfectly natural and part of the process as Caroline says above.
I'm being sleeved the day before you and I seem to go from being excited one minute to thinking of all manner of excuses for not having it the next. I keep reminding myself why I'm having it done...... and that normally lifts my mood.

Hope you feel better soon :)

Ah ladies,

Wish I could give you both a big reassuring hug :)

We all had fears and worries before the op and for some it's def the anaesthetic that's the main worry. I had major spinal surgery in December and was out for 3 1/2 hrs and was terrified of going under. It's was so easy and relaxing and really nothing to be stressed over. So much so that I didn't worry at all about the anaesthetic for my wrap 4 weeks ago!!!!

It's not long now til you can just get on with your lives without the hang ups that we have lived with for so long and you will feel liberated. I know that's how I feel.

Just to make you smile, here's a couple of things that Im looking forward to.....

Not giving myself black eyes when I run!!!
Not having to lasso my knickers around my feet
Being able to see to shave the lady garden!!!! ( now that's been a dangerous mission these last couple of years!!)
Buying bra's not hammocks!!!

Enjoy this week, chill, take a deep,breath and prepare to get your life back

Hugs :) x

Hi Kimboski, lovely to meet you.. and we are all within a day of each other...exciting times. Good luck hun xx

Hi Sarah... you always make us feel relaxed.... your like an Auntie too :)
kiss kiss...
xxxxxx

Ah ladies,

Wish I could give you both a big reassuring hug :)

We all had fears and worries before the op and for some it's def the anaesthetic that's the main worry. I had major spinal surgery in December and was out for 3 1/2 hrs and was terrified of going under. It's was so easy and relaxing and really nothing to be stressed over. So much so that I didn't worry at all about the anaesthetic for my wrap 4 weeks ago!!!!

It's not long now til you can just get on with your lives without the hang ups that we have lived with for so long and you will feel liberated. I know that's how I feel.

Just to make you smile, here's a couple of things that Im looking forward to.....

Not giving myself black eyes when I run!!!
Not having to lasso my knickers around my feet
Being able to see to shave the lady garden!!!! ( now that's been a dangerous mission these last couple of years!!)
Buying bra's not hammocks!!!

Enjoy this week, chill, take a deep,breath and prepare to get your life back

Hugs :) x

Lol :8855: I can relate to them as well :)

Thank you for the lovely reassuring message :thankyou: xxxx

I'd be more worried about you if you weren't worried at all!
It's perfectly natural and part of the process as Caroline says above.
I'm being sleeved the day before you and I seem to go from being excited one minute to thinking of all manner of excuses for not having it the next. I keep reminding myself why I'm having it done...... and that normally lifts my mood.

Hope you feel better soon :)

At least we are not alone :) I love this place for advice :) x

Hiya sleeve girl you willbe fine couple of pointers for ur hosp bag........kiddies paracetamol (soluable ones r disgusting), babies gripe water (for the wind pains) and from boots dry mouth spray (u can use this throughout the day and post op too has a nice minty taste too) and not forgetting lip balm.

xx

Hiya sleeve girl you willbe fine couple of pointers for ur hosp bag........kiddies paracetamol (soluable ones r disgusting), babies gripe water (for the wind pains) and from boots dry mouth spray (u can use this throughout the day and post op too has a nice minty taste too) and not forgetting lip balm.

xx

Thank you rickysmrs :) I didn't have any of them on my list x

Wow sleeve girl it just seems to have come round so quick, just the last hurdle to go and then it's downhill all the way xx

Wow sleeve girl it just seems to have come round so quick, just the last hurdle to go and then it's downhill all the way xx

Thanks hun :) It has gone so quick! :) xx

well katy you could always ask mr jain how I got on that morning as i'm having my op that day at L&D and he should be finished with me by then. ha ha. at least you would have one question to ask at the end of the appt.

Angela

well katy you could always ask mr jain how I got on that morning as i'm having my op that day at L&D and he should be finished with me by then. ha ha. at least you would have one question to ask at the end of the appt.

Angela

Haha, we have the same date at the same hospital :) How are you getting on with the pre op diet? xx

not to bad. had a lapse this morning as had a diabetic low so ate some breakfast biscuits! it felt funny to chew. have not lost that much weight. not like some people on here but hope that's ok. how bout you?

Angela

I haven't lost much weight either... It's hard I'm dreading this weekend!! xx

Back