• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1 Week To Go... Arrrggghhh!!

SleeveGirl

Glad you're feeling better today :)

It will be fine, I can't wait to hear how you get on :) x

reederroo

Good luck Miss Katy.. I set off tomorrow to Prague so might not get a chance to message. I am a bit hopeless on here but wanted to say I will be thinking of you.

Will see you on the losers bench on the other side. I have been assured that there are some little spots saved for us ;).

xx

ps Kimboski - Hope I have spelt this right... good luck young man.. you will be brill. You will be sat in the middle of us ;) xx

xxxxxxx

SleeveGirl

Good luck Miss Katy.. I set off tomorrow to Prague so might not get a chance to message. I am a bit hopeless on here but wanted to say I will be thinking of you.

Will see you on the losers bench on the other side. I have been assured that there are some little spots saved for us ;).

xx

ps Kimboski - Hope I have spelt this right... good luck young man.. you will be brill. You will be sat in the middle of us ;) xx

xxxxxxx

Good luck Caroline!!! Have a safe journey over there. Update us when you can :) Will be thinking of you too hun.

I hope there is some room for us because we're nearly on our way lol :)

Take care xxxxxxx

SleeveGirl

Have you gone in yet Katy?

Wish you all the best xxxx

Thank you Kim. Hope you're feeling ok today. I leave my house at 2.30, get there for 3, and op at 5!! x

SleeveGirl

How you getting on Katy? x

Hi Kim, thank you for your messages. I am ok at the moment thank you. It hasn't been an easy ride at all. How are you? I am finding that drinking is difficult, I kind of get an airlock and have to wait for that to go down before I can drink more. xx

Kimboski

So sorry to hear that Katy! I did wonder after I didn't hear from you, but am glad you're ok - even if you've had a rough time of it. Hopefully it'll only get better for you from here on in.

I must be really lucky as I've had a (comparatively) easy time of it. No real pain to speak of, a kind of feeling if I've been punched in the gut but no worse. I'm managing to get all my soups and fluids down though at times it can be a real chore.

It WILL get better Katy.

In what way was it bad for you? x
P.S try Boots windeze tablets, they really helped me x

Bally

Katy, I could only take a small sip every 5 minutes or so for the first week. I bought water and fruit juices in sport bottles so I could keep them handy.
I also found that fridge cold water was easier to drink.
It will get easier and easier every day from now on!
I'm 21 days post op and manage to drink half a glass of water all together now!

Lisa-Em

Hi Kim, thank you for your messages. I am ok at the moment thank you. It hasn't been an easy ride at all. How are you? I am finding that drinking is difficult, I kind of get an airlock and have to wait for that to go down before I can drink more. xx

Hi Katy, it's great to hear from you, though I'm sorry to hear about the problem you're having. Every day will get a little easier though. Initially I could only do 2-3 sips and day 9 now I can drink nearly 2/3 of a mug or glassful with 'normal' sized swallows. X

SleeveGirl

So sorry to hear that Katy! I did wonder after I didn't hear from you, but am glad you're ok - even if you've had a rough time of it. Hopefully it'll only get better for you from here on in.

I must be really lucky as I've had a (comparatively) easy time of it. No real pain to speak of, a kind of feeling if I've been punched in the gut but no worse. I'm managing to get all my soups and fluids down though at times it can be a real chore.

It WILL get better Katy.

In what way was it bad for you? x
P.S try Boots windeze tablets, they really helped me x

Hi Kim,

I hope it gets better :( Been up quite a lot today so hopefully I'll sleep better tonight.

I'm so pleased you're recovering well hun xx

SleeveGirl

Katy, I could only take a small sip every 5 minutes or so for the first week. I bought water and fruit juices in sport bottles so I could keep them handy.
I also found that fridge cold water was easier to drink.
It will get easier and easier every day from now on!
I'm 21 days post op and manage to drink half a glass of water all together now!

Oh I really hope I get there. Trying to stay positive :) xx

SleeveGirl

Hi Katy, it's great to hear from you, though I'm sorry to hear about the problem you're having. Every day will get a little easier though. Initially I could only do 2-3 sips and day 9 now I can drink nearly 2/3 of a mug or glassful with 'normal' sized swallows. X

Hi Lisa, that's really good to hear hun. A few sips of a cup of tea seems to be down ok at the mo xx

Lisa-Em

Hi Lisa, that's really good to hear hun. A few sips of a cup of tea seems to be down ok at the mo xx

I've read that people find warm drinks are easier. At Sunderland we had to drink a litre of water the first day after op, it was endless!! Apart from that are you okay? X

Hang in there !!!! I am glad to hear that you made it through surgery ok. Sorry to hear you are feeling discomfort but remember this so to will pass. Just take each day a step at a time. :) and *smile* all will be ok :)

SleeveGirl

I've read that people find warm drinks are easier. At Sunderland we had to drink a litre of water the first day after op, it was endless!! Apart from that are you okay? X

Wow a litre I bet that was hard. Apart from that I'm ok ish, you know how it is! Feeling useless at the mo, hubby and my Mum are angels :) xx