• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Let's rock & rolllll!

Flickalicious

Bit of a weirdy! XD
Ive never heard of the Cambridge diet? Whats that?? Theres me thinking ive tried every diet under the sun.. I am mistaken! Nah, not starving myself, I did think about doing the milk diet for a week longer than told but knowing I only had 3 weeks til the op from when I got the call and 2 of those weeks were already milky I thought id pass. I am going out for a chinese buffet meal the night before it starts. Good bye my lovlies lol

Haha festival baby indeed :p That will be a story to tell when hes 18!!! Lol!!!

Yeah I know, losing weight while pregnant... so technically I didn't. I put on 3kg in total and my son weighed over 4kg :) I went from a size 20 in my tops to a 14. Was well impressed :p

Nearly the weekend! How has your day been?

Flickalicious

Bit of a weirdy! XD
Lozer - Do what feels right for you hun. Its your body. It may take you a year to fall pregnant without surgery anyway. With surgery you'll be losing a substantial amount of weight, your health will get better, fertility will increase and baby will be safer with a fitter, slimmer mummy. Plus think, you'll have a year of practicing with your new sexy figure ;)

40 is definitely not too old for a bloke!! Remind him its the 21st century!

My son is 2 years, 7 months. My husband and I have been trying for another baby since he was 2 months old. A miscarriage, diagnosed PCOS and LOADS of weight gain later im classed as sub fertile so this is the driving force for me. Just remember why you're doing it :) x

Slimby50

Hiya!!

Was just reading through the thread and thought I'd say Hi :)

I'm 25, had my sleeve done in May this year and am 10lbs away from my target :)

I was the same as you BeckiP, I could loose the weight, I just couldn't maintain! My Dad was always big, so I thought it was fine me being big too. He had 8 hours worth of cosmetic surgery to get him looking great and that is when I felt (and I hate to say it) jealous. I realised I didn't want to be the 'fatty' of the family anymore.

Good luck with your diet, you sound very determined, so I am sure you will succeed :)

Katy x

I don't think I can join in this thread! I'm too old at 45! :(

Lozer

My daughter 2yrs 7months to! ?

Well what u said made sense. A year isn't that long to weight for a baby like u said if could take that long anyway. I've worked so hard for this for over a year losing the weight and to now change my mind struggle on for the rest of my life because HE can't wait for a baby and making me feel guilty and talking to my mum and friends saying he doesn't wont me to have it so they all jump on the band wagon. I need to do this fore and hopefully he will understand.
I'm now really scared not about the surgery but life after. O and scared of telling hubby ?

louloumoo

Hi lozer,

Just had a read through and thought I would comment. Congratulations on loosing all that weight and all before WLS that's amazing.

But... I'm sure as u read everyone's story, the one pattern u see is people loosing significant amounts of weight and then sooner or later putting it all (plus more) back on.... I lost 45lb on a fad diet more them once only to see it creep back and back..
Is hubby overweight? Does he truly understand?

The motivation for the WLS has helped u loose all this weight, how will u feel when u decide not to go ahead with it, do I really feel u can keep this motivation up?
I promised myself when I got pregnant I would not revert back to my old eating habits. I had been a healthy weight (10 stone) for 18 months and thought I had it under control... I put 4 stone on !!! Gutted!! LICENSE TO EAT..

What happens if u wait, have a baby, put it on and start the WLS process again, only to find that there has been changes in the funding process.. Criteria!?
I guess u can tell that I am all for the WLS and baby later...
Plus it's great being a yummy mummy, massively reduced chance of postnatal depression when at a healthy weight..

Good luck..
Lou x

Flickalicious

Bit of a weirdy! XD
You need to ask him whats more important; your overall health for not only now but years to come, or, his impatience, overlooking your health to satisfy his needs of becoming a father. REMEMBERING that you both have a much better chance of not only conceiving but carrying a baby, problem free, to full term.

Remind your family that staying as you are = shorter life expectancy, additional health problems, fertility problems etc And you've been offered an amazing gift to turn everything around before its too late. Its like the lottery, you cant afford to rip up your ticket!!

My husband was against surgery initially but hes desperate for more children. TMI warning: Because of my PCOS ive only had 1 period since october last year. I explained that to him and gave him a science lesson on fertility and although he's petrified about the op, he now fully supports my decision. My family know if I want something ill get it. Even though they have said they dont want me to have surgery, their opinions wont change anything. Im doing this for me because im fed up of hating me. Its exhausting!

I think you need to grab a box of tissues and sit down with your husband and have a bloody good chat, like now! Sorry for long post lol x

SleeveGirl

Hi SleeveGirl! Great to hear from a youngen’ from the other side! That is an amazing achievement… I can’t imagine being on the other side of this process. I think that the jealousy thing is so hard to admit but once you do it makes it a little bit easier. It also (obviously in your case) makes you realise that being overweight isn’t good for you! How have you found life after surgery?

Hiya BeckiP! Exactly 5 months post op yesterday - I didn't even realise! Pre op it is very difficult to imagine yourself on the 'other side' but once you are it is definitely worth it. I would say the 2 week pre op diet and the first week after surgery is the worst, but that time does fly and it is NOT the worst thing in the world to go through for potentially a healthier and happier future.

Eating wise, well I don't each much at all! Every time I have a meal it amazes me how little I eat (and actually feel full up). My confidence has grown, I can wear the clothes I want to wear. I know having the surgery was the best thing for me to do :) My husband is loving it and my daughter now has a happier, more energetic Mummy for it.

Are you telling anyone about your surgery?

Any questions just ask, I pop on here most days to have a nose ;)

Katy xx

SleeveGirl

Hi guys im the wrong side of 25 im 26 but thought i would say hi too guess its only a couple of years isnt it??
Hope your diet goes well becki i think you will do just fine motivation for knowing they have to see your serious is good!
I'm nearly 3 weeks post op now and loving it x x

26! You're WAY too old to be here @WeightlossDreamer :8855: Lol, only joking - I am 26 in December!

Glad you are loving it :) What stage you on now eating wise?

Katy xx

BeckiP

Ive never heard of the Cambridge diet? Whats that?? Theres me thinking ive tried every diet under the sun.. I am mistaken! Nah, not starving myself, I did think about doing the milk diet for a week longer than told but knowing I only had 3 weeks til the op from when I got the call and 2 of those weeks were already milky I thought id pass. I am going out for a chinese buffet meal the night before it starts. Good bye my lovlies lol

Haha festival baby indeed :p That will be a story to tell when hes 18!!! Lol!!!

Yeah I know, losing weight while pregnant... so technically I didn't. I put on 3kg in total and my son weighed over 4kg :) I went from a size 20 in my tops to a 14. Was well impressed :p

Nearly the weekend! How has your day been?

Cambridge diet is all shakes and one meal a day - Sounds a lot like your doing but it tastes AWFUL! I had a consultation with this lady and bought a months supply of the stuff. Tested it when I got home and just couldn't get it down without being sick. Bad times!

I'm super bad at getting back on here regularly! It looks like a lot has happened since I was last on. But my days are going pretty good. I've lost about 3/4lbs dependant on what time of day I'm weighing myself (Water weight probably) on the last week so thats good! Although I have be been extremely miserable and a bit rubbish to be around lol! I'm perking up a bit now - I'm sure my family would tell you otherwise ;o)

How is everyone's weekend going?

BeckiP

Hi guys im the wrong side of 25 im 26 but thought i would say hi too guess its only a couple of years isnt it??
Hope your diet goes well becki i think you will do just fine motivation for knowing they have to see your serious is good!
I'm nearly 3 weeks post op now and loving it x x

Hi WeightlossDreamer! Thank you for your encouragement! How are things with you on the 'other side' with Katie? Is it all what you expected?