• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Let's rock & rolllll!

Hiya BeckiP! Exactly 5 months post op yesterday - I didn't even realise! Pre op it is very difficult to imagine yourself on the 'other side' but once you are it is definitely worth it. I would say the 2 week pre op diet and the first week after surgery is the worst, but that time does fly and it is NOT the worst thing in the world to go through for potentially a healthier and happier future.

Eating wise, well I don't each much at all! Every time I have a meal it amazes me how little I eat (and actually feel full up). My confidence has grown, I can wear the clothes I want to wear. I know having the surgery was the best thing for me to do :) My husband is loving it and my daughter now has a happier, more energetic Mummy for it.

Are you telling anyone about your surgery?

Any questions just ask, I pop on here most days to have a nose ;)

Katy xx

Hi Katy - You are totally right. Considering the amount of help we are all getting with this surgery, the least we could do is to contribute to a happier and healthier future. Just what I needed to hear tbh!

At the moment I haven't really told anybody... Only my close family and my boss(for when I book time off!) I'm very much of the opinion that (in the nicest way possible) it's not much of anyone else's business what I do with my body (fat or thin!). Also, I know how hard it was for me to understand why my mum was getting it done... and I don't suppose it would be easier for anyone else to understand it from my point of view. Don't get me wrong... I will probably change my mind but while I'm going through the meetings and weigh ins I don't really want it to be open to discussion.

Also! I'm swayed very easily and I don't want anyone to change my mind. I've become well informed about it and from that I've thought about it long and hard. I decided I wanted to do it for me no matter what anybody else thought.

Did you tell many people? What was their reaction? x

Oops, pressed the wrong button!

Yeah still doing the 2 liquid meals, 1 normal a day thing. Easier than I thought it would be. Only 2 more days before my milk diet starts! Thats one week gone quickly!! That sucks :/ what kinda shakes were they??

Wow! Nice one!! Well done? I bet you're well chuffed? :) you'll beat the 9lb loss with flying colours if you keep that up!

Do you use this as an app or on the proper website?

26! You're WAY too old to be here @WeightlossDreamer :8855: Lol, only joking - I am 26 in December! Glad you are loving it :) What stage you on now eating wise? Katy xx

Hiya! I'm at the end of week 3 post op now go onto solid food tomorrow! Can't wait! Had a night out last night with friends and managed to dance the night away till about 2am!! Love the energy I get from eating well! How are you doing? X

Hi WeightlossDreamer! Thank you for your encouragement! How are things with you on the 'other side' with Katie? Is it all what you expected?

Hiya I'm good thx! I love life on the other side of wls! It's not what I expected in the sense that I thought it would be a lot harder. Recovery was good and I feel great! The few friends I have told agree it's the best decision I've made for myself! How are you getting on?? X x

Hiya I'm good thx! I love life on the other side of wls! It's not what I expected in the sense that I thought it would be a lot harder. Recovery was good and I feel great! The few friends I have told agree it's the best decision I've made for myself! How are you getting on?? X x

That is so good to hear! Did you only tell a few people close to you? How did you choose who to tell if you don't mind me asking? x

Oops, pressed the wrong button!

Yeah still doing the 2 liquid meals, 1 normal a day thing. Easier than I thought it would be. Only 2 more days before my milk diet starts! Thats one week gone quickly!! That sucks :/ what kinda shakes were they??

Wow! Nice one!! Well done? I bet you're well chuffed? :) you'll beat the 9lb loss with flying colours if you keep that up!

Do you use this as an app or on the proper website?

Glad your finding it okay - Its only going to make the milk bit easier. Did you say you had your date yet? I can't remember you saying if you did?? If so... We MUST keep track on your count down. Is your hubby 100% supportive yet?

Yeah I'm pretty chuffed really! I've been eating a whole lot more fruit and veg with no carb during the day... Then being slightly more scandalous on an evening treating myself with a small portion of carb (pasta/new pots/fry light roasties!). It seems to be working but I'm gonna kick up some sessions at the gym next weekend once I'm paid (Wish me luck!!)

I use this on my laptop - I've got a blackberry so it's more of a faff on there x

That is so good to hear! Did you only tell a few people close to you? How did you choose who to tell if you don't mind me asking? x

Yeah I only told my mum and dad my husbands mum and dad and 3 of our closest friends. We had to tell our parents as we knew we would need their support! I chose only to tell the 3 friends I knew I could trust the most and who would not question my decision to have surgery as they've seen me yo yo diet for years! Have u told many ppl?

Yeah I only told my mum and dad my husbands mum and dad and 3 of our closest friends. We had to tell our parents as we knew we would need their support! I chose only to tell the 3 friends I knew I could trust the most and who would not question my decision to have surgery as they've seen me yo yo diet for years! Have u told many ppl?

Only my mum, brother and boss know so far. I said in a conversation earlier that I don't really want to be swayed by anyone else's opinion at this stage. If I choose to have it done it's because I made the decision - Not because someone swayed me otherwise. I have a few friends who I think will be super supportive but I want to sign the dotted line first I think. x

So - A whole week has past and I have lost 3 or 4 lbs (Dependent on what time of day I weigh myself. When do you all weigh yourselves?). I'm pretty chuffed with myself but I haven't really felt it come off anywhere. I am horribly aware of how big my thighs are at the moment and I'm having one of those 'I look horrible in all the clothes I own' weeks. It's a phase that I'm sure everyone goes through now and then so I know it will pass.

But food has been going well and I've managed to finally gain some control again. I'm lucky enough to have a take away health food shop right next to my office where they cook everything with Fry Light and make fresh soups each day with no cream. So my typical day eating goes as follows...

9am Breakfast: 1 banana, 1 satsuma

12:30 Lunch: Fresh soup & wholemeal roll OR meal of the day @ Health Food Shop (Can top up at a vegan friendly salad bar)

19:00 Dinner: Slimming World chilli/spaghetti/curry with a small portion of carb.

So far so good. Next week I'm going to tackle some exercise at the gym. I have a friend who is a qualified fitness guru who has given me a plan to follow. Not too much but definitely pushing myself. Wish me luck! x

Glad your finding it okay - Its only going to make the milk bit easier. Did you say you had your date yet? I can't remember you saying if you did?? If so... We MUST keep track on your count down. Is your hubby 100% supportive yet?

Yeah I'm pretty chuffed really! I've been eating a whole lot more fruit and veg with no carb during the day... Then being slightly more scandalous on an evening treating myself with a small portion of carb (pasta/new pots/fry light roasties!). It seems to be working but I'm gonna kick up some sessions at the gym next weekend once I'm paid (Wish me luck!!)

I use this on my laptop - I've got a blackberry so it's more of a faff on there x

Yes! I have my date :D 12th November is my op. Start the milk diet on tuesday 29th October. This week has gone so quick already. Next week is half term so my son is off pre school. The days will all roll into one! On the 7th november I go in to have my pre op assessment. I think they do bloods and stuff and check my liver is shrinking properly? Not sure though?

Yeah, hubby is really scared about the op going wrong and me having complications or not making it out the other side :( Hes also worrying about being at home alone with our son. He's never had him overnight on his own before lol But he knows this is what I want so is willing to support my decision.

Gym is fun...... lol You'll be fine! Pick a friend to go with you? Makes the whole ordeal less intimidating. Your diet sound pretty good! Do you think its guna be easy to stick to?

Hi Katy - You are totally right. Considering the amount of help we are all getting with this surgery, the least we could do is to contribute to a happier and healthier future. Just what I needed to hear tbh!

At the moment I haven't really told anybody... Only my close family and my boss(for when I book time off!) I'm very much of the opinion that (in the nicest way possible) it's not much of anyone else's business what I do with my body (fat or thin!). Also, I know how hard it was for me to understand why my mum was getting it done... and I don't suppose it would be easier for anyone else to understand it from my point of view. Don't get me wrong... I will probably change my mind but while I'm going through the meetings and weigh ins I don't really want it to be open to discussion.

Also! I'm swayed very easily and I don't want anyone to change my mind. I've become well informed about it and from that I've thought about it long and hard. I decided I wanted to do it for me no matter what anybody else thought.

Did you tell many people? What was their reaction? x

Hiya BeckiP, 3-4 is great! Well done!!

I have kept the op very quiet, hubby, Mum, Step Dad, Dad, Step Mum and Grandma are the only people that know. My daughter is too young to realise, but if she asks in the future I'm happy to tell her the truth. I have a very big family (not weight wise, lol), who are judgemental, and the majority are skinny so I felt I couldn't tell them, and I haven't. Obviously I've had comments about my weight loss and all I say is, I've changed my eating habits, I now eat less and drink more water, boring really!

I didn't tell my Nan and Grandad (and they still don't know) because I knew they would try and talk me out of it and to be honest I really didn't need the negativity before the op! The hubby and I are actually going out with them on Wednesday evening to the theatre and they want to go out for meal beforehand!!!! I've already pre-warned them I am on a diet and will not be eating much - but they are trying to convince me to eat!! I couldn't eat a 3 course meal even if I wanted to, lol!

A lot of people on here have told their family and friends and they have had great, positive reactions though.

Well done on your weight loss so far :)

Katy xx

Hiya! I'm at the end of week 3 post op now go onto solid food tomorrow! Can't wait! Had a night out last night with friends and managed to dance the night away till about 2am!! Love the energy I get from eating well! How are you doing? X

Hiya WeightlossDreamer! Are you on the solid food today? If so, good luck, take it slow - it will taste soooo good :)

Sounds like you had a good night! Do your friends know about the op?

I'm good thank you, the energy I have now is amazing compared to what it was like pre op. I went to an adventure playground this weekend with my daughter and we were running around like loonies! When I got home it dawned on me that that is probably the 1st time we have done that together. Made me feel really guilty actually!

Katy xx

Hiya WeightlossDreamer! Are you on the solid food today? If so, good luck, take it slow - it will taste soooo good :) Sounds like you had a good night! Do your friends know about the op? I'm good thank you, the energy I have now is amazing compared to what it was like pre op. I went to an adventure playground this weekend with my daughter and we were running around like loonies! When I got home it dawned on me that that is probably the 1st time we have done that together. Made me feel really guilty actually! Katy xx

Aww sounds like the op has made such a difference for you! I feel much the same! I am back on solids now and by god it's good! Trying to make sure I eat my protein first and tbh can't manage much! I only told my mum and dad in my fam! I felt others would be too judgemental and I felt I did not need their negativity! X x

So - A whole week has past and I have lost 3 or 4 lbs (Dependent on what time of day I weigh myself. When do you all weigh yourselves?). I'm pretty chuffed with myself but I haven't really felt it come off anywhere. I am horribly aware of how big my thighs are at the moment and I'm having one of those 'I look horrible in all the clothes I own' weeks. It's a phase that I'm sure everyone goes through now and then so I know it will pass.

But food has been going well and I've managed to finally gain some control again. I'm lucky enough to have a take away health food shop right next to my office where they cook everything with Fry Light and make fresh soups each day with no cream. So my typical day eating goes as follows...

9am Breakfast: 1 banana, 1 satsuma

12:30 Lunch: Fresh soup & wholemeal roll OR meal of the day @ Health Food Shop (Can top up at a vegan friendly salad bar)

19:00 Dinner: Slimming World chilli/spaghetti/curry with a small portion of carb.

So far so good. Next week I'm going to tackle some exercise at the gym. I have a friend who is a qualified fitness guru who has given me a plan to follow. Not too much but definitely pushing myself. Wish me luck! x

Hi becki.
How u doing? What's the latest news for u?

Flick – 12th November is very soon! Waah so exciting! That’s got to be tough for your partner… I bet it’s the best thing that ever happened to him and that he will love having father/son time! That would be lovely :eek:) I’m just joining the gym this week so its all go go go!

Katy – That is great to know that it can be kept low key. It’s not that I don’t trust people … Its just that I don’t want to be judged! Or is that the same thing ? : / . How did you meal go with them last Wednesday? I hope it went well!

Slimby – Thank you for reminding me to update! I’m going to write a little post now :eek:) xx

Back