• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1 Week To Go... Arrrggghhh!!

know what you mean. my daughter has a group football meal thing this weekend and parents are invited. I have declined as I would look funny at the table drinking just coffee! then there would be questions asked.

Angela

Luckily it's only the 1 weekend we have to do. Just got to keep busy - am going to try and get my hair cut, I've found a reasonably priced place but it depends whether they have availability - probably not! xx

yeah great minds think alike. am off for a walk in haircut tomorrow. cant be laying on that operating table without my hair looking good especially as I hate my body at the mo.

Angela

yeah great minds think alike. am off for a walk in haircut tomorrow. cant be laying on that operating table without my hair looking good especially as I hate my body at the mo.

Angela

My thoughts exactly Angela lol :) Haven't had it done in a long time so it's well overdue :) x

So... In one week today it will be the day of my surgery Friday 24th May...

My surgery is at the worst time, 5pm and you can more or less guarantee they will be running late, so in my mind I am preparing myself for 7pm. I can eat up until 11am and I can takes sips of drink up until 3pm.

The pre op diet has been... ummm not sure how to describe it, lacking lol... Yesterday I was so hungry and I really struggled, and I haven't lost much weight. I do feel sorry for my hubby at the mo as I am not exactly a bundle of joy :) I am dreading this weekend, because it is when I have a 'few extra' treats than usual and we would usually go out for a meal with the family. Obviously that is not going to happen now.

I am so nervous about the surgery... I just cant snap out of it. It's the anaesthetic that scares the life out of me and the possibility of a leak. A lot of my family work in hospitals, specifically in theatre departments - so I have heard a lot.

I have my pre op appointment on 21st May at 2pm, what happens during this appointment?

I think every hospital is different but overall pre ops are to take blood to make sure you are healthy for surgery. They weigh you and blood pressure is taken. swabs mrsa.

You can then ask your questions too. Normally very helpful. However if like my nurse recently they may not answer them.

Good luck
Kat
x

I think every hospital is different but overall pre ops are to take blood to make sure you are healthy for surgery. They weigh you and blood pressure is taken. swabs mrsa.

You can then ask your questions too. Normally very helpful. However if like my nurse recently they may not answer them.

Good luck
Kat
x

Thank you hun. Was your nurse having a bad day?

Only a few days to wait now hun, how are you doing?

xxx

So as I expected the weekend was the most difficult days for me on the pre op diet, however I got through it :)

Now that the weather is getting a little nicer (shouldn't speak too soon), it really makes me think about the clothes I could be potentially wearing this summer and next summer and that makes me happy :) wearing cardigans in the summer will hopefully be a thing of the past :)

Good luck to everyone with their upcoming surgeries - I know there is quite a few this week :) xx

You just had to say it didn't ya!!!!!:p

I am so sick of milk at this stage I might eat my own shoes :rolleyes:

Lol!! I know! The weather is not great here today too!!

Bless ya, lol! I still can't stand the way people eat now - it gets on my nerves! :) x

Kimboski,

LOL, please don't eat your shoes!!!!

Sleevegirl, omg I so know what you mean.....

Biting food off fork with teeth
Chewing with mouth open
Scraping cutlery on plate so it squeaks

Grrrrrrr!!!!

:) x

Kimboski,

LOL, please don't eat your shoes!!!!

Sleevegirl, omg I so know what you mean.....

Biting food off fork with teeth
Chewing with mouth open
Scraping cutlery on plate so it squeaks

Grrrrrrr!!!!

:) x

Lol, everything you say it what is irritating me too, it's doing my nut in lol :)

xxx

Pre op done and dusted :) have lost half a stone so far on the pre op diet - not as much as others but the dietician was happy :)

So I had my height and weight taken, bloods taken, I was swabbed for MRSA, I pee'd in a pot and I had an ECG

Also saw my dietician - we went over the post op requirements then I saw my surgeon and signed the consent form which made it feel VERY real!!!

Now I have to wait 3 days until the day.....

Hi sleevegirl
I had my op on Monday and felt like you and wondering why am I doing this but I know at the end of the day it's going to be worth the pain etc to start with. It's day 3 for me now and I feel I have the baby blouse a bit emotional but it will pass and I'm going home later. I think jelly will be my diet for awhile it went down easily last night. Keep positive and not long now good luck.
Annette x

Hi sleevegirl
I had my op on Monday and felt like you and wondering why am I doing this but I know at the end of the day it's going to be worth the pain etc to start with. It's day 3 for me now and I feel I have the baby blouse a bit emotional but it will pass and I'm going home later. I think jelly will be my diet for awhile it went down easily last night. Keep positive and not long now good luck.
Annette x

Thank you Annette. I do panic a lot lol! Hope you have a speedy recovery xx

Back