• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice for post op tummy tuck

SarahSez

hi all,
i had my tummy tuck on the NHS in Norfolk 2 weeks ago. I havent been given any advice on anything except not to drive for 2-3 weeks. I've not even been told how long to keep my corset on for!!! I did ask the nurse on my dressing change yesterday, and she said 3 months but i doubt her answer as she also then told me i couldnt drive for 6 weeks.

I havent got any more appointments now for 4 months.

Any advice would be most welcome. :confused:

Many thanks
Sarah

I was told 2 wks for driving (or when i felt i could safely do an emergency brake)
and the corset had to stay on 6wks

HTH's :)

Thanks for that Bluehail. How long did you have to keep your steri strips on for? and at what stage did you start moisturising?

sorry for the questions :)

i had to wear my corsett for 3 months but after 2 months i just wore a good pair of support knickers and they were just as good. but the corsett i would advise to keep wearing for now as your muscles will be very weak x

Thanks for the advice. I'm lucky I didn't need my stomach muscles stitching so I've had very little pain (I actually stopped taking painkillers when I was in hospital). Perhaps I should buy some cycle shorts!!!! :eek::8855:

Back