• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

After giving myself a proper telling off its back on track!

It's good to share - and you have done brilliantly - so have a restful sleep xx

Day 113(day 15 of LSD)
B- 2x boiled eggs 4x cracker bread coffee milk 1/2 spoon of stevia
L- 1x beef burger* no bun water to drink
D- 2x spoons of pasta 2x spoons of pasta sauce sprinkle of grated cheese N.A.S fruit barley
Snacks-2x bananas
today was a birthday do ,so a bbq was arranged I went out with a service user I had planned when back from our trip out I was going to have a small salad to get me thru till I got home but by the time I came back all the food had gone ,all that was left was some very well cooked burgers ! so I had just the one which did fill a gap till I got home .
in the pass I would have had chicken, burgers the lot but today I was glad that most of the food was gone so I couldn't be tempted and even if the burger wasn't the right thing to have at least it was only 1.
now my next food hurdle is on Saturday I will be going to a wedding reception and its going to be a food fest,lots of west indian food and people feeling the need to pile up my plate this really be a test for me as I cant eat or drink anything and I haven't quite figured out how im going to get away with not eating/drinking yet!
will let you all know how I get on
night all

now my next food hurdle is on Saturday I will be going to a wedding reception and its going to be a food fest,lots of west indian food and people feeling the need to pile up my plate this really be a test for me as I cant eat or drink anything and I haven't quite figured out how im going to get away with not eating/drinking yet!
will let you all know how I get on
night all

Good luck for saturday(tomorrow?). :) i am sure you will be strong enough to resist :)

morning
just jumped on the scales.....1lb lost guess that will have to do!
getting get myself sorted for this wedding so more later

Last edited:
Hi Sharona
not had my WLS yet its due fingers crossed it should happen in the next 12 days !
in the last 14 months I have lose 40+ lbs so far ive not set myself a "goal weight" I just want to lose the timber!

Hi Sharona not had my WLS yet its due fingers crossed it should happen in the next 12 days ! in the last 14 months I have lose 40+ lbs so far ive not set myself a "goal weight" I just want to lose the timber!
lol timber! Ok thats fantastic 40ibs!!!! Ive lost a stone and half and have a stone back on . Got to sort this head out!

Day 114 (day 16 of LSD)
BRUNCH- 2 eggs 1x sliced ham 23x cherry tomatoes sprinkle of cheese all turned into an omelette coffee milk 1/2 spoon stevia
D- small bowl of fresh poached salmon with sliced cucumber 3x small glasses of gin and orange
back from wedding do had a lovely time lots and lots of food most I couldn't have so the salmon was a welcome option until the drinks came round! now I did have 3 drinks but only drank 2 as I kept sipping them trying to be mindful of the empty calories ....boy I have changed you would have never heard be say that before! but have to say I just didn't really want any more in the past I would have been rolling on the floor full to the eye lashes in booze but tonight I feel a little woozy on the ones I did have !
anyway going to bed my feet are killing me from all the dancing ,but had to do my log in before lights out!!

Update- jumped on scales again to see what damage those drinks have done....lose 2lbs!overnight!
I don't get it but im happy as I was expecting to gain masses
had to let you all know !

Day 115(day 16 of LSD)
Brunch- 1 cheese roll water to drink
D- 2X spoons of rice 100g of pre cooked chicken brocoli and cauliflower nas fruit barley
Snacks- 2x bananas
Good day feel great no head hunger off to homerton monday for my last check up before my WLS in 10 days time
More later

Day 116(day 17 of LSD)
B1x small bowl of porridge
D- 1x portion of smoked haddock 2x spoons of rice nas fruit barley
Snacks- 2x bananas 2x cracker bread 1x sliced cheese
had extra snacks because I didn't have anything after my breakfast till I got back from the hospital and got home I was so hungry but stopped at the 2 cracker bread and cheese just needed something to take away the pangs I was getting
back to the hospital visit
it didn't take long I was thinking it would be more tests at least that is what the letter said so had my best bra /knicker set on and was rady to strip if need be....turns out no need it was just to see the surgeon who was going to do my op ,lovely lady spoke about the reasons why I was having WLS and the risks involved it looks like its a 3 day stay so due out sometime Saturday ,signed the consent form so the countdown really begins now im so excited its silly!
anyway enough for now ...the footie is on ,night all
ps thanks for the best wishes as well
one last thing ..when chatting with the surgeon she mentioned that even thou ive lost weight on the LSD it does not always mean the liver has got smaller so when im on the operation table and they see that my liver has not got smaller they may do a sleeve instead of the bypass that I want ......my question is does this happen often ? I didn't ask but did stress to her that's its the bypass that I really want her reply was they would either do one or the other rather than open me up see that my liver has not got smaller, stich me up and sent me back to the ward having nothing done I would be keen to hear if this as happened to anyone on here

Last edited:
Hi Los, I went in for a bypass and came out with a sleeve. Not because my liver hadn't shrunk though. I had a back to front bowel and loads of adhesions, so they didn't want to cut into my bowel. At first I was disappointed, but I read up on the sleeve and came to the conclusion that I actually preferred it. I have lost 7st 2lb and I want to lose another 2-3st. It has slowed now but its still a great tool. Don't be too worried about it, even if you end up with a sleeve, which is unlikely, it should still work for you xx

Thanks Sarah,
I guess I should be happy with either it just that ive done so much research on the bypass I know its the right one for me I feel bad in not been as happy to have the sleeve as it should really be about losing the weight and the sleeve is just as good as the bypass or the band .
lets see how it pans out .

Thanks Sarah,
I guess I should be happy with either it just that ive done so much research on the bypass I know its the right one for me I feel bad in not been as happy to have the sleeve as it should really be about losing the weight and the sleeve is just as good as the bypass or the band .
lets see how it pans out .

I am sure your surgeon will do bypass if only it is going to be safe! ;) my surgeon said that they check if liver is small enough, then check if small intestines reach the stomach and if then they go and do the bypass (if there isnt any other problems). But your safety is first so even if you end up with the sleeve i am sure you will make it work!! :) :)

Day 117(day 18 of LSD)
B-2x boiled eggs 4x cracker bread coffee milk 1/2 spoon of stevia
L-2x bread crumb and cheese stuffed mushrooms water to drink
D- portion of smoked haddock 3xspoons of rice sweet corn nas fruit barley to drink
Snacks- 2x bananas
another good day working hard on not slipping up this close to my op day
thinking about how to explain what im doing to my family then after ive done that telling all my work mates as I don't want to hide anything telling my family this Thursday a week from the WLS then my work mates on the following Monday leaving only 3 working days !
off to bed see you all later

Hi Los sorry for the reply. Powerspin you can buy from Aros, I paid £19.99 its a round tube like think with a ball enclosed in, you also get a DVD with it. Takes a bit of getting used to with your left hand, other wise ok.

Not long now to your operation, you are doing really well.

Night Night
Elaine

Thanks for getting back.I will look it up later

Back