• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone from North West England?

Scousers and Birkonians call Mancs 'woollybacks'. lol!

The Birkenhead side of the Mersey is often referred to as 'the posh side of the water'. :D

Having had lots of experience of Liverpool, Birkenhead and Manchester, I can honestly say, I love 'em all!

Lol I don't know why anyone would call a Manc a Woolyback, it comes from being so close to Wales.

Birken-vegas has gone downhill a lot, full of chavs and scallies.

I'm in Runcorn too....who is Andy, would like to chat to her/him???

Andy had his op a few weeks ago Muppet, not seen much of him since.

Just a thought for any of thoes who can get to horwich(bolton) who fancy a bit of exercise in a gentle way. They have a deep water aqua aerobics class every friday 12-1. You dont need to be a good swimmer as you wear a floatation device. I have been going for about 12 months im only 4ft 10 and was a size 26 now a 24. Its not full of little skinny girls and is a great laugh.
If anyone fancies going but doesnt have the confidence to go by themselves let me know and i will meet you.
I am also going back to the gym on a monday so again if anyone fancies it.
HC

I'm originally from Manchester and still work there but have acquired dual nationality status and now live in Lancs (but only just over the border!)

hi muppet im andy yes i live in runcorn and im defo a him the last time i looked lol. so what's your story then have you had your op or are you still waiting to have it done. we will have to keep in touch

I'm from Preston too

Lisa x x x

OMG!
Thanks to all your help on here I have just booked a consultation for gastric band for 19th December!! I can't wait to start shedding the pounds!! Hubby has even agreed to come with me to consultation!!

Just wondered if anyone has had any experience of WLS group/First Trust - any comments positive or negative would really be appreciated.

I think I have a good idea of the questions I need to ask but any prompts would be great!

If I choose to go ahead, I can be 'done' as early 13th Jan - one way to keep on the straight and narrow over Christmas!!!

TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY FALALALALALALALALA !!!!!!!!

I'm from preston too lisa and charliegirl!!I need some answers about bypass v band on my other threads:eek::eek:I'm in a dilemma:rolleyes:

Hi Candie I originally wanted the band but after reading posts on here and doing some research I was leaning towards the bypass. When I had my consultation with Dr New he said brought up the subject of bypass and said he was unsure which would benefit me the most. I then saw the surgeon and he agreed the bypass would be best. They take into account your eating habits as well. I wanted a quicker weight loss with the added back up that if I ate something high in surgar or fat I would dump and if I ate too much I would be sick. So there is no cheating at all with the bypass.....hope this helps somewhat but any questions ask away...xx

Hi charlie, did you have it laparoscipally, or where you cut?I would pm you but don't have enough posts yet;)

hi i am from salford but live in rawtenstall, but still very close to my salford roots...i am hoping to have by-pass not sure where i am in all this as it seems to be happening very quickly but dont want to build my hopes up...went to alexandra hospital on tuesdays to see a consultant...desparately want contact with people in same position and understanding as me...ive posted a few comments on here but not sure if anyone is seeing them...please, please, please let me know if you have read my messages....
lesleyxx

Hi Lesley, i'm going to Maccelsfield on the 18th Dec and am undecided about whether to have a band or bypass, so am at a similar stage to you :wave_cry::wave_cry:

new and confused!!!

hi i am from salford but live in rawtenstall, but still very close to my salford roots...i am hoping to have by-pass not sure where i am in all this as it seems to be happening very quickly but dont want to build my hopes up...went to alexandra hospital on tuesdays to see a consultant...desparately want contact with people in same position and understanding as me...ive posted a few comments on here but not sure if anyone is seeing them...please, please, please let me know if you have read my messages....
lesleyxx:confused:

Hi Candy how luvly to hear from you...i had done lots of research on the band but went for consultation at alexandra hospital on tuesday and the consultant as swayed my thinking into by-pass he seems to think it is more successful...which this site has been fab for because ive been reading everyone's progress and observations....
x

Hi Leslie
yes I can see your posts!
I have an appointment for my first consultation on 19th December. Like you it is all happening quickly as I only really decided I wanted to do something last week! I want to have the band as I don't want to lose too quickly and I don't want a long recovery period after the op. Reading stories on here people seem to lose well with the band so am hoping it will work for me.
Are you going privately or NHS? I am only up the road from you and my consultation is in Preston.

Back