• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone from North West England?

Hi baby jayne:D

Hi Baby Jayne - just up from you in Preston!
Lxx

Hi All

Just introducing myself TheBonds from Leyland near Preston. Just wondered if anyone else comes under the same PCT and how easy/difficult it has been to get funding for NHS surgery, really want this but at mo cannot afford privately.

Looking forward to being member of this group.

TheBonds

Hi and welcome to minis, I come under central lancs PCT so not sure if you come under the same, whilst my journey to get funding only took five months it was five months of hard slog to get the funding...I was only just over the required BMI with high BP but then they discovered sleep apnea and that swung it....its worth the fight though...xx

Hi, the Bonds

I'm under central Lancs PCT and struggled for funding but got refused with a BMI of 43 and no health problems other than the basics but no co-morbidities. Its worth trying though cos everywhere's different and there's plenty of us on here to try to help you as best we can

hi i am from salford but live in rawtenstall, but still very close to my salford roots...i am hoping to have by-pass not sure where i am in all this as it seems to be happening very quickly but dont want to build my hopes up...went to alexandra hospital on tuesdays to see a consultant...desparately want contact with people in same position and understanding as me...ive posted a few comments on here but not sure if anyone is seeing them...please, please, please let me know if you have read my messages....
lesleyxx:confused:
Lesley - I had my op at the Alex on the 20th November. I have just received an invite to the Support Group on Wednesday January 21st 19:30 - 21:30 @ the Alex. Friends, Family & Anyone interested in WLS is invited. A WL Surgeon is the guest speaker.

hi cleggy
thank you for informing me of this wls meeting...i have not been on this site for ages although i have been reading up on everyone's success...well i have good news i have been given a date for by-pass 23.01.09 this has made it all very real for me and also scared me a little, however after all i have researched and conversations with lovely people i am certain it is the right dicision...i will definately attend the meeting and it would be lovely to meet people there who understand what i am feeling....see you on the 21st.
lesleyx

Welcome back then Lesley :) Which hospital are you having the surgery at, the Alex? I can add your date to the op dates thread if you like incase anyone else is having surgery that day or at the same place near you.

Lesley - I take it you are having your op at the Alex - which Surgeon? When is your pre-op assessment? Do you know yet which liver reduction diet you are on?

thank you shel i would like that...i have read your diary all the way through and you, pg and hc are a big inspiration to me you have definately been a large influence in my final dicision of by-pass v banding...im at the alex!!
x

hi cleggy
yes im at the Alex and its Mr Ammori im with which i know is very good for me from all the feedback i have had....i start the pre-op diet next week which consists of cereal, toast, low fat spread, 2oz lean meat or fish, smal portion of cheese or egg, skimmed milk etc. doesnt seem to bad... i havent had pre-op day yet..how many days before op is it usually?
x

Hi Lesley,
That is the same pre-op diet as me.
My pre-op was 15 days before but my date op date was re-arranged to a week later hence having 3 weeks on pre-op diet. The minute I started the diet I was hooked [mind over matter or something] [probably more the fact that I knew that this was it!]
I kept to it to the letter - weighed out all the meat etc but Lesley if you like eggs you have cracked it [no pun intended] but I have every conceivable type of ommelette you could think of and they seemed very very filling. The hospital is very well equiped for this type of surgery, I was in the York suite and the staff were excellent. You have a private room with en-suite facilities, TV, phone etc so you are as private as you want to be with the benefit of the nurse call button when you need it. My wife and children visited - no restrictions that I am aware of on times and they even made drinks for Mrs C [a bit of a bummer when you are wanting 1 lol]. Look forward to seeing you at the support group.

all done :)

awh! thank you for that shel....cleggy any omelete tips will be great!! sounds like im really lucky to be going to the alex..how long were you in for?
x

awh! thank you for that shel....cleggy any omelete tips will be great!! sounds like im really lucky to be going to the alex..how long were you in for?
x

Hiya
I was in the Alex on 27th Dec. I was first on the list so was in theatre for 9 am and was home for 4pm on the 28th! I could have stayed another night but as I had no kids to look after at home, and wasn't going to be alone, they said it was no problem. GOOD LUCK

that sounds good grom, i cant believe how well you are doing and so soon after surgery,,,i havnt got any little uns to look after so all being well i may also be able to go home next day...like my own company when i am out of actionxx

Lesley - My op was Thursday, I went to theatre about 12 noon and I had to stay in till Sunday [I was initially told Saturday but I had struggled taking enough fluids and was given an additional drip on Saturday lunch and told I had to stay in another night].
I am so pleased for Grom - her story is amazing. I am a real softy [like most fellas] and being honest I struggled with the pain [I have always been aware of my extra low pain threshold and the Consultant suggested that I be in charge of my own pain levels and request pain relief as and when and I think I tried the macho approach - such a bad move on reflection].

Hi Everyone... well im going in hope for gastric bypass on the 5th jan 2009....i live in Royton Oldham...so also a manc. Wendy

Lesley - My op was Thursday, I went to theatre about 12 noon and I had to stay in till Sunday [I was initially told Saturday but I had struggled taking enough fluids and was given an additional drip on Saturday lunch and told I had to stay in another night].
I am so pleased for Grom - her story is amazing. I am a real softy [like most fellas] and being honest I struggled with the pain [I have always been aware of my extra low pain threshold and the Consultant suggested that I be in charge of my own pain levels and request pain relief as and when and I think I tried the macho approach - such a bad move on reflection].

Hiya Cleggy
it's weird isn't it? I wasn't trying to be brave or anything and kept waitin for the pain to start but there just wasn't any!
I am pretty tough (comes from years of riding - and falling off - horses) but still expected worse. Guess we are all very different!

Back